View Poll Results: What is your favorite John Cusack film?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better off Dead

10 24.39%
  • Say Anything

7 17.07%
  • Gross Pointe Blank

6 14.63%
  • Pushing Tin

0 0%
  • ConAir

3 7.32%
  • High Fidelity

7 17.07%
  • America's Sweethearts

0 0%
  • Serendipity

3 7.32%
  • Runaway Jury

2 4.88%
  • Being John Malkovich

1 2.44%
  • Bulletts Over Broadway

0 0%
  • Identity

2 4.88%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Cusack Poll

There are several in that list I haven't seen, but I voted for GPB, it was great. Though I'd have to say I think I liked Identity better. Of course my opinion could change once I see some of those I haven't... it's funny I cam across this thread, though... I just watched Serendipity for the first time last night!

No one has mentioned One Crazy Summer yet... probably because it's not that great of a movie. I do love John Cusack - a Chicago boy, it's great when they show him at the Cubs games - but also in this movie is Bobcat Goldthwait... he just appeals to my inner idiot and cracks me up.
    "... the nighttime falls around our bed, in peace we sleep entwined, and your love flows through me, though an ocean soothes my head, I burn for you..."

Hey!

what about One Crazy Summer????? and Sixteen Candles????
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Originally posted by xxif

Well,because "BJM" was flagrantly overlooked,I opted to vote for "High Fidelity";another Cusack classic. Yet another memorable Cusack film neglected was Woody Allen's excellent 1994 comedy:"Bullets Over Broadway". John was his typical superb self in that gem as well,playing a struggling playwrite in th

And lastly,there's also 98's:"Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil". This Clint Eastwood directed movie was set and filmed in sublime Savannah,Georgia.I was enraptured by the town's southern beauty and it's colourful and eccentric denizens portrayed by a wonderful cast. John was great again,albeit, a little on automatic pilot for this one,perhaps. I still recommend it however,with enthusiasm and vigor.

More recently, John was seen in one of the best thrillers this side of the millennium:"Identity". Check it out if you haven't already.

xxif
    have you seen "The Road to Wellville"????????

OMG!!!!!!!!! Hilarious! MITGOG&E is arguably one of the best films ever, because it just rocked from start to finish. . . and it just blew me back. I find something awesome about it every time I watch it!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

Originally posted by preciousstone75
    have you seen "The Road to Wellville"????????

OMG!!!!!!!!! Hilarious! MITGOG&E is arguably one of the best films ever, because it just rocked from start to finish. . . and it just blew me back. I find something awesome about it every time I watch it!

I have seen "The Road To Wellville". It's been awhile but I remember not liking it very much,which was unfortunate because it had a great cast. Anthony Hopkins was,admittedly,a hoot as "Kellog" himself,but I just felt this one was a little too bogged down by a self-conscious attempt to be quirky,ultimately coming up empty in the end,I'm afraid.

However,I couldn't agree more with you about MITGOG&E. My unbridled love for this most charming of movies grows with each viewing(Kevin Spacey,particularly,is an absolute delight);and because of it,I see a trip to Savannah as a pilgrimage waiting to happen. It oozes with romantic and poetic and lush beauty;it's a prodigiously green paradise manifest.

xxif

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
    There's two of those that I'm about to see in the very near NetFlix future. So I'll hold off until I've seen GPB and Runaway Jury.
    My, how innacurate that statement was. A year later and have still not seen Gross Point Blank or Runaway Jury. I kept moving other things up in my Netflix queue.

Anyhow, I did scope out High Fidelity tonight. I must say that I'm not that much of a John Cusack (or Joan for that matter) fan. There's something about that blank "Haley Joel Osmet" look John has that annoys me but I still enjoyed the movie. Man, if you do check out High Fidelity on DVD DO NOT miss the deleted scenes! There are several really good scenes that were cut for whatever reason, one of which will have you laughing your ass off when he tries to put into perspective where his sister calls him an asshole . Oh, man, it IS funny. Couple other good ones too, one with Jack Black making Stones refereces and another where you actually see John buying a collection of records to add to his inventory at the store. Remember when he gets a phone call and takes down an address? You never see that go any further unless you scope out the deleted scenes. Nice little Sex Pistols tribute in that scene.

...he's one of top 3 star crushes...

well...let's see...

...if I go with what resonates with me...I'd say High Fidelity is up at the top and then Being John Malcovich as a broad stroke favorite tied with Gross Pointe Blank. I've probably seen Say Anything 100 times... eeegad. (I'm sure the list has changed in priotity ranking with age, such is life, eh?) A fan I am.

Money for Nothing, City Hall, The Jack Bull, True Colors & Grifters all featured his Cusakness as well... but I wouldn't have stuck them in the list for voting either. So, now I'll actually vote.
    Fluxus is not: a movement, a moment in history, an organization. Fluxus is: an idea, a kind of work, a tendency, a way of life, a changing set of people who do Fluxworks.
    --Dick Higgins

Thumbs up YEP!

Even now, I still have this schoolgirl crush on him. . . oh, Mr. Cusack. . . if you're still in Chicago, I'm 60 miles south of ya!

Acheron Parthenopaeus

Hey ... a girl loves a guy that can make her laugh ... And I have been laughing at John since The Sure Thing.....

I'm with Prec... and I am dying to see his new movie with Diane Lane....... Must love Dogs

[i]
    I'm with Prec... and I am dying to see his new movie with Diane Lane....... Must love Dogs [/B]
    I almost forgot that movie was coming out (or is it out??? I'm so behind)... Yay! More John Cusack...and the more the better, right???
    Fluxus is not: a movement, a moment in history, an organization. Fluxus is: an idea, a kind of work, a tendency, a way of life, a changing set of people who do Fluxworks.
    --Dick Higgins

Originally posted by Fluxus
    I almost forgot that movie was coming out (or is it out??? I'm so behind)... Yay! More John Cusack...and the more the better, right???
    it's out already!!!! I heard it's good!!! and he just gets more handsome with age!!!!

Acheron Parthenopaeus

Originally posted by preciousstone75
    it's out already!!!! I heard it's good!!! and he just gets more handsome with age!!!!
    some men truly ARE like fine wine...better and better with age.
    --Dick Higgins

I agree.... Totally.... No names mentioned....

Hey! Quit talking about me

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
    Hey! Quit talking about me

I've heard about YOU, Steve!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast