Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from a UK newbie

Originally posted by Cygnet
    So Alannah, how is it that you get around so much: Florida, Calif, England...? I used to live in Florida too by the way.
    Hi Cygnet,
    My Dad lives in Florida and I lived in Miami for many years and travelled to California a few times whilst living over there

Welcome Alannah! If it wasn't for this board I would've missed seeing the Fixx in London last year - been a fan since they started but had never seen them live. And forum member Fixxation procured a copy of the Stage One CD for me last month, saving me an expensive trip to the US (thanks again!) Lots of nice folks here. Maybe you'll get to meet some of us when the boys finally do some more shows in the UK... they can't keep us hanging on forever!

Originally posted by smarthound
    Welcome Alannah! If it wasn't for this board I would've missed seeing the Fixx in London last year - been a fan since they started but had never seen them live. And forum member Fixxation procured a copy of the Stage One CD for me last month, saving me an expensive trip to the US (thanks again!) Lots of nice folks here. Maybe you'll get to meet some of us when the boys finally do some more shows in the UK... they can't keep us hanging on forever!
    Hi smarthound , I wish I had found about this board last year, then I wouldn't have missed seeing them in London
    Been a fan since they started also, but I did get to see them live back in 1983 and then again in 1986 and even got to meet Jamie very briefly.
    It'd be great if they toured here again and all of us UK fans could give them a nice welcome

Talking Welcome from another newbie!!

Welcome aboard, Alannah!! I've only just joined myself. Haven't had the time to share much yet, but I will!!! This is a great bunch! Have fun...Hec

welcome

Welcome Alannah,
    Gald you have found Us ...... I understand how you feel about missing the Fixx as I missed them by 1 day due to lack of advertisment ... but don't worry the guys are going strong and will be sure to Come around again... this is a great reasource to "catch up" on thier tour info and etc... plus the other "Fixxures" here are so nice and fun to talk to ... take care and keep posting ... Jeanne

welcome

Welcome to you as well, Hecubus

Welcome Alannah86 - haven't been posting for a while due to illness but it's always good to see new UK members!

arlen. ( Uk - South West ).
    arlen

Originally posted by arlen
    Welcome Alannah86 - haven't been posting for a while due to illness but it's always good to see new UK members!

arlen. ( Uk - South West ).
    Thanks for the welcome Arlen. Hope you are feeling better now.

Alannah

Arlen, Glad you are back and feeling better Jeanne

Wink

Hey - Thanks!
    arlen

Hi, folks, Im also a newbie to this site, but I already posted my top 20 fav Fixx songs. I also agree its a disappointment the Fixx's CDs arent as easy to come by in my neck of the woods, i.e. Glasgow or indeed in the UK (especially as they originated from London!). Especially as there is so much rubbish music round these days, when something good comes by its hard to find.

Do any of you know if the Fixx are planning to play in the UK again anytime soon? I guess I must have missed the previous UK shows as it was before I got into them.

Hey Kennyf, you've come to the right place! As soon as any gigs are announced, you'll hear about it hear, first!

Originally posted by kennyf
    Hi, folks, Im also a newbie to this site, but I already posted my top 20 fav Fixx songs. I also agree its a disappointment the Fixx's CDs arent as easy to come by in my neck of the woods, i.e. Glasgow or indeed in the UK (especially as they originated from London!). Especially as there is so much rubbish music round these days, when something good comes by its hard to find.

Do any of you know if the Fixx are planning to play in the UK again anytime soon? I guess I must have missed the previous UK shows as it was before I got into them.
    Welcome aboard the board, kennyf!!!

You will find that this is a very good place to be.....friendly and fun people are always great to be around. This board has that in spades.

As for your trying to find Fixx CDs dilemma, message me with what you are looking for and I will keep an eye out for whatever for you when I go out on my shopping trips for my little eBay business. We can work out the particulars after I find some of what you want.

Once again WELCOME ABOARD!!!

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Welcome Kenny !! Gald you jumped aboard!!! Jeanne

Nice to see another UK fixxture! Welcome Kenny!

As far as Fixx CD's I've bought quite a few from the Amazon.com website and a few from Ebay, such as Walkabout and Ink.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast