Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your Favorite Fixx memory??

What is your Favorite Fixx memory??

I have Two... One directly related to the guys .. another not... The first , happened the last time i saw them in Seattle, in 1984....My friends and I just happened to catch Cy and Adam heading into the Paramount Theater.. I had a small gift for Cy.. Which I shyly(Yes,believe it or not...I am Actually shy ... Painfully shy, back then..) approached him ..and after I gave it to him and was ready to sprint from pure embarrassment ... He reached out and grabbed my arm and sweetly kissed me on the check and said "thank you" .... Stunned.. I think i managed to get out"have a great show" and he went into the theater ...I probably walked around like that episode of the Brady Bunch "I'll never wash my cheek again.." for about a month but, Hey!give me a break... I was 18!!!!! From that experiience... I Knew that these guys were all about their fans ... and thier humble gratitude and appriciation towards us(their fans) was unmeasurable...
    The next, was back in 1983... I had come to Minnesota for the summer holidays and was at the State Capital firework display for the forth of July... A genius dj had cordinated the whole thing to music and when they played "Red Skies" the whole sky was lite up by hundreds of red fireworks... It was truely AWESOME!!!!

Wow!

I'm so jealous!!!

So many in such a short time - all this year! First time I ever saw the guys was at 19 Broadway in Fairfax this past May. The whole evening just had a great vibe and I met fellow Fixxtures Noreen and Vise Grip there. Chatting with Gary (such a sweetie) and getting that little smile from Jamie that melted my knees just topped off the night...

Concord was the second memory, and it was really exciting because I knew what to expect from the show and was not disappointed. Saw Noreen again and met another Fixxture, that cutie MaybeSomeday.

The BEST memory was the whole day at Santa Cruz. Meeting Steve Pariseau, Clive3, Wingo395 and Ed (aka thefixxdotcom), hanging with Steve, Clive, MaybeSomeday, Ed and Noreen, shooting the soundcheck, chatting with Rupert (what a vibrant man!), getting my photo taken with the entire band and surviving a roller coaster ride were all awesome. Seeing the band play on a gorgeous night on a beach was just magical. It was a perfect day and I get a deep feeling of peace just thinking about it...

The Fixxnic we had recently was another great memory - a lovely day grubbin' out with Noreen, Wingo and MaybeSomeday. Looking forward to more fun in November!

ok Ok
    0ne of mine is when I suggested to mister Rupert that he retire and he said something like :
    "Then I wouldn't have anyone to carry all of my stuff."

and being able to tell Mr. Woods just exactly how I felt being in the same place he was while HE was listening to me...

I never could have imagined it.
    I called Times 0ut !

Mine would have to be my very fixx concert it was awile back, and i was in the front row, and while Cy was singing he knelt down and held his hand out and he gave me a high 5, that would ahve to be my greatest "Childhood" and "fixx" Memory....

These are really awesome replies... and It just goes to show how amazing the devotion is between The Fixx and their fans....It is so Unbelievably real....
    Don't be Jelous Cygnet... I am SURE it was more memorable for me than for Cy... HA!lol...

My first favourite Fixx memory dates back to 1983 when they opened up for the Police in Miami.
    I remember listening to them play Red Skies as the sun was setting, it was absolutely fantastic!
    Years after that, whenever I heard that song, it took me back to that amazing moment. I must say that it even now, 21 years later, it is one of the things about that concert I remember the most. To be perfectly honest, I hardly even remember the Police playing, it is the Fixx I still remember.

Well my first Fixx memory was seeing the guys in NYC in 1983, I think, maybe '84 my memory for the years isn't good. The odd thing was it wasn't in concert that I saw them it was on the streets walking around. I found out on the bus ride home....my college broadcasting class was there for a trip to see NBC Studios at 30 Rock....that the guys were playing somewhere in NYC that night.

My favorite Fixx memory came this year when I got the opportunity to go backstage after a show and meet the guys. I am just blown away with how much they were interested in what I had to say and weren't just trying to rush out of there to get to the larger group of people back in the club as has happened on a few other occasions where I have met other artists backstage after seeing a show. It brings a smile to my face thinking about it even after 2 plus months.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

As a long time Fixx fan who hails from England and is currently living in New Zealand most of my Fixx related thought are mainly that - memories!

I have one that sticks out though. It was around the time that the band did the London gigs to promote either Reach The Beach or Phantoms - I saw them on both occasions. A few days after seeing one of these shows, I saw Jamie on the tube. I sidled up to him and I think he was quite suprised to be recognised! After a very brief chat, as my stop was approching, I asked for an autograph and the only paper I had to hand was my cheque book so Jamie signed the back of a paying in slip for me.

As the years went by I thought I had lost the autograph and last year when the band played a long overdue date - a brilliant one at that - at The Borderline, my wife and I hung around to meet the boys. They were a great bunch and they all gladly signed my ticket but by the time we got to Jamie, he had gone. Oh well.

But guess what? In the move over to Kiwiland whilst packing away our belongings, something fell out of an old book I was deciding whether to keep. Yep. it was only that signed bit of cheque book from 20 years ealier! So now I have the full set.

Smile Great Thread

Hello All,

This year has got to be the best year for me. I am not sure how many times I have seen them but atleast 5 or 6 times.

I have so many memorable moments. One of the more special nights was at the Temecula Balloon and Wine Festival. Meeting Sheryl who introduced me to Steve and his younger son. Ed came over and gave my daughter a small beach ball which she got the boys to autograph. The guys all fussed over her. It was a very special night one that I will never forget nor will my daughter.

The other was Mick and Cy thanking me for selling Stage One to the Fixxtures that could not make it to the shows.

I have said this before and I will say it again. This band has surrounded themselves with great people like Ed, Steve, Mick and others. I hope their lives are filled with happiness and contentment. God knows they have filled my life with their great music and their classiness.

Fixxation

I can only second that ... Even though I have not seen them in over twenty years ... the memory of their gratitude is lasting... they have filled my life with such unmeasurable happiness in the last few months that I can hardley find the words to express it.... I hope they truely know and understand the joy and love they have given us all... this web site is proof of that alone..... Can u imagine the power of a group hug among us ... BIG SMILE!!!!

Originally posted by Alexx
    A few days after seeing one of these shows, I saw Jamie on the tube...
    What a great story Alexx!
    Wonder if Jamie still takes the tube when he's in London?
    If so, I better start paying attention to my fellow tube commuters on my way to and from work

Thumbs up

What a wonderful thread! It was 1985, I was 15 years old. The Fixx had already been embedded in my bloodstream for three years. I was listening to the radio in my bedroom (complete with wall to wall posters of none other than The Fixx) when I learned that they were going to be at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Boston at an MCA Promotional Party. I was too young to drive so I called up my best friend and together we strong-armed her dad into driving us the 1/2 hour into Boston at 7:00 at night. Our hopes weren't high as we were sure we would never get in, but nevertheless at 15 one thinks they own the world! It was so perfect..... We pulled up to the Ritz, got out of the car and walked in to the hotel like we were expected guests! (I'm laughing as I write this). We asked the bell hop where the MCA promotional party was and he pointed up a flight of stairs. He never even asked what business we had as two 15 year olds there. We got to the enterance of the room where the party was and I got the coldest feet and the worst stomache ache imaginable. I realized at that moment I was about to enter into a room not only full of famous recording professionals but THE group of people who were the foundation of my entire musical existance. So, I did what most neurotic young girls would do. I ran into a bathroom ouside the room to hide. I just couldn't go through with it and try to meet them. There were all kinds of adult professional women in there primping and talking about the next record deal, when they noticed a very nervous, helpless looking young girl by the door. They turned an asked me what was wrong and I told them that my favorite musicians were in the next room, and I didn't have the guts to go in and ask for an autorgraph and a picture. I then asked if they would be so kind as to not throw me out. They all laughed, gave me a quick coaching lesson, then cheered me out the door and into...... the inner sanctum! These people actually took me to meet The Fixx in the middle of the party. No one minded. So, I met Cy, Adam and Rupert. Jamie was in England on other business. I got pictures and autographs and several thumbs up from my "coaching comittee." At 15, how many people can say they did that? The guys in the band were so kind and hospitable to me. It was the best night of my life and confirmed why I like The Fixx so much. They aren't just a great band, they are great people. Thanks for the lifelong memory Cy Adam and Rupert. It's been almost 20 years and it still remains such an impression!
    Somewhere in this world there's a field where we all play.......

What wonderful stories!

I'm tempted to start a thread called "What's your most embarrassing Fixx memory" but I wouldn't want to tell you mine.
    My best memory so far was meeting Ed at the Newport show. He made me feel like family. He has been so kind. (Thank you)

Now you'll have us all curious to learn that embarrassing memory!

Mine is not being able to form a coherent sentence around Jamie at Santa Cruz! This is generally not an issue for me...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast