Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your Favorite Fixx memory??

I was hesitant to post this before.

This pales in comparison to the wonderful experiences related on recent threads. It's a little embarrassing, but here it goes.

The last time I met Jamie was at a hotel. It was pure coincidence that the band was on the same floor where I stayed.

Jamie was outside my room, and of course, I had to step out. The first words I said were, "I saw you through the peephole." He must have been thinking, "Uh oh, stalker."

But he was very nice, although as he was talking, he slowly backed away and was eventually running! Really, I'm sure it was because the guys were busy preparing for their gig that night.

Anyway. I hope I'll eventually make better Fixx memories and that Jamie doesn't recognize me next time. But, I shouldn't worry. The band meets LOTS of people and has probably seen all kinds of fan behavior.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

wow

It has taken me a few days to land on my feet and return to reality after my adventures in Vegas!!!

So many wonderful memories!! So many wonderful people and kindred spirits!!! It would take me days and many pages to express how truly miraculous and magical this experience has been and why it is now my favorite Fixx memory... so believe me, when I say I have meet the most wonderful, loving, warm,kind,caring and funny souls I have ever had the pleasure to encounter...my fellow Fixxtures and the band!!!! Thank you and love, joy and happiness to all of you!!!! Jeanne

The last week and a half has been filled with so many wonderful and funny moments with Fixxtures and the Fixx themselves that I couldn't pinpoint one as a favorite. The whole experience is not only my favorite Fixx memory but one of the best experiences of my life. So many good spirits, such love and gentle energies mingled with great shows - it's left a very strong positive mark on me.
    Last edited by deBASHmode; 12-07-2004 at 05:01 PM.

Awesome thread...

I can't remember too much from the first time I saw the Fixx...must have been 1985. Ha ha. But I do rememer buying a t-shirt..which I think I still have in my closet somewhere.

A pretty fond memory for me is flying off to Colorado from CA to see on the bill:

Benjamin Orr (of the Cars)
    Colin Hay (Men at Work)
    Rick Springfield
    Dave Wakeling (of the English Beat and General Public)
    The Fixx

I was able to stand sidestage when the Fixx were performing and they sort of passed the curfew time and had to cut their set short.

Meeting Bash, Wingo and MaybeSomeday (Brett), Vise Grip has been ultra ultra cool, as well as meeting all other Fixx fans and seeing people you've met at shows before (Dana). Bash has a true heart of gold. We love her so!

Yes the Fixx fan picnic was fun!!!

Hopefully we'll have more memories to come!

Originally posted by Noreen
    Awesome thread...

A pretty fond memory for me is flying off to Colorado from CA to see on the bill:

Benjamin Orr (of the Cars)
    Colin Hay (Men at Work)
    Rick Springfield
    Dave Wakeling (of the English Beat and General Public)
    The Fixx

I was able to stand sidestage when the Fixx were performing and they sort of passed the curfew time and had to cut their set short.
    Noreen,
    There is a handbill from that show, well I think it's that show may have been a different one, available on eBay. Click here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
    That one is a show I would have enjoyed a bunch.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Wow!

That indeed was the show!!!!! It was a great show too.

Re: Wow!

Originally posted by Noreen
    That indeed was the show!!!!! It was a great show too.
    I would have loved seeing that one if for nothing else than to see Ben Orr and The Fixx on the same day. Still though I wish I would have been around the area to see Day on the Green on Sept. 10, 1983, at the Oakland Stadium that starred: The Thompson Twins, Oingo Boingo, Madness, the Fixx and headliners the Police. Now that woulda been a show and a half.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Aww, thanks Noreen. You're a sweetheart!

I have so many favorite Fixx memories that I wouldn't know where to begin. I have been traveling to see them since 2000, so you can only imagine the stories. But these are stories that I love & will cherish forever. Those guys are awesome!

Tracy

My favorite memory is an amalgam of memories actually but what they amount to is that I found out Cy is REAL. He's real and he's loving and he's kind and he's funny and charming and ... and... filled with treasures of intelligence. You know in that movie "Point Break" where the guys are skydiving/ freefalling and they fly toward one another and hold hands in a big circle in the sky? Well that's how it felt talking to Cy. A brief, beautiful, spiritual "touch" and then we were off again, back to ground!

Thanks so much Ed, for making it possible!

I agree, Cygnet... Cy does have an amazing spirit!!! jeanne

Since we have so many new Fixxtures... I thought they might like to share.....

SO... go on .. enlighten us....

AS STEVE AND OCTO WOULD SAY ....

Bumpity bump......

For the newbies.....

Perhaps we should merge these threads....

Originally posted by Cygnet
    ...... where the guys are skydiving/ freefalling and they fly toward one another and hold hands in a big circle in the sky? Well that's how it felt talking to Cy. A brief, beautiful, spiritual "touch" and then we were off again, back to ground!

That's got to be the neatest description of how it would be to meet the guys. Wow, very well put, Cygnet.
    I am the winner in any event.

Once in a lifetime these types of things happen...when you least expect it! This summer in Chicago, I got to spend almost an unbelievable hour and a half alone with Jamie outside, behind the scenes. Jamie showed me and explained each and everything in his toybox--he glowed like a kid at Christmas, with all of his assorted equipment! He instructed me on stringing and oiling "Woody." Talked about the picks he uses, talked about guitars, in general. Jamie told me how his wife keeps him fashionable, showed me the tea he drinks, talked about his favorite musicians, his book, and the Cyndi Lauper CD. He graciously answered my questions, and gave me one of those fabulous smiles and a hug when I told him he was my hero.
    The one embarrassing thing I wish hadn't happened was when he asked me about my favorite musicians...I choked, I think I parroted back what he had said, only because I had one of those incapacitating girlie headspinning moments of noticing "Jamie, you have the most beautiful grey blue eyes, deep as the sea, with amber flecks in them, like sunlight on the waves...I think I'm drowning in them..." thing. Thank God I didn't say it out loud! Or faint dead away! He must be used to that, because he never let on that I was terribly smitten, and I know I must have looked every inch of it.
    I had mentioned to Jamie that I have been trying to learn "Driven Out' and we talked about the intro--when they played it on stage, I felt like he was instructing it to me, as we made eye contact, I was right in front of him and he leaned forward, clearly did the chords, and it was like "see and learn." After the show, backstage, he re-inforced it, with a demo lesson on popping the D's in it.
    I'll never get another day like that...I sure wish it could be my Groundhog Day! Kim

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast