Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is your Favorite Fixx memory??

My favourite memory of the FIXX?

The last time I saw the band .... at Edmonds .... the FIXX are getting better and better .... is that possible?

The first time I saw them was in Ottawa at the National Arts Center in the nation's capital. Would have be during the early 80s during the Phantoms tour. Cy was performing in mime and the place had sold out weeks before the concert. At that time the band was very popular in Ottawa, you heard many different Fixx songs constantly playing on the airwaves...

Keeping my fingers crossed that they come to Vancouver and the rest of Canada.

Joe

another one , brought forth for the benefit of new members...

I have to add another one, for me ....

Seeing Mike from Australia face, when he saw the Fixx perform for the first time at Bowling Greens, Ohio...

" it was worth the 26 year wait".....

Among other things...
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

Memories...well, the FIXX were like a soundtrack to the Cold War for me.

Obviously, the lyrics were key to that but also the sense of detachment, I don't know, the kind of elliptical quality to the band's music registered very strongly.

For example, I'd get the train down to London for an anti-nuclear demo and feel a huge adrenalin rush at being part of something. Then, back home, it would seem so unreal and pointless in a way. "Shuttered Room" captured and focussed all my teenage thoughts at that time.

1984-ish.

On a sports team, we're travelling by bus through Tennessee, stop at a truck stop.

Cashier counter has "Phantoms" cassette tapes sitting there prominently placed.

At that point, I realized The Fixx were actually famous!

BM
    I've been lurking...

Originally posted by Robert M
    Memories...well, the FIXX were like a soundtrack to the Cold War for me.

Obviously, the lyrics were key to that but also the sense of detachment, I don't know, the kind of elliptical quality to the band's music registered very strongly.

For example, I'd get the train down to London for an anti-nuclear demo and feel a huge adrenalin rush at being part of something. Then, back home, it would seem so unreal and pointless in a way. "Shuttered Room" captured and focussed all my teenage thoughts at that time.
    Wow!
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

the first show i went to was easily the best lol

in the universal ampitheater in california

if u climed throo the whole in the fence u ended up in the theme park

and i mustve eaten like a million ice creams frm the catering lol

and ive been told if u watch the tape they have their

every now and then u see my little hands jumping up and down lol

loved it
    .:.how quickly the days still go by.:.

my favorite memory

My favorite Fixx memory happened the last time I saw them in Wilmington DE. It was last October I think. It was my favorite memory because the venue was basically a large bar with a dance floor where everyone stood in front of the stage. To the right of the stage was an area where you could also stand and that is where I planted myself. I couldn't believe it. I literally had to turn around and take two steps to order a beer and then turn back around and Jamie was literally five feet away playing. Obviously the rest of the band was right there too. To be able to see my favorite band of all time in such an intimate setting was unbelievable. No other concert I've been too compared to this night. Then my most embarrassing moment came the same night when my friends and I begged Jamie to come over and talk with us when he was walking from the back door to the tour bus. The poor guy was just trying to get to the bus and here we were asking dumb (beer induced) questions. He still was gracious enough to come over to us even though it was their last stop of the tour. He just wanted to go home I'm sure. That's what I love about this band besides the music of course. Many rock stars probably would have blown us off but these guys are genuine and down to earth people. I will always support this band.

I don't know if I have one favorite moment, I have so many.

From the very first time I heard One Thing Leads To Another on the radio, back when it first hit the airwaves, all the way up to the last time I saw them live, in 06.

I find it hard to describe the total euphoria I experience when I'm at a Fixx show. I'm so_damn_excited about every song they play, I feel like I could shoot electricity from my fingertips. And then when they pull out a surprise like Reach The Beach... in my mind, I exploded. I can't think of very many instances where I've been happier than that. If you were there, you might have seen me staring at the stage, unblinking, maybe some drool running down my face.

I'm a musician and I LOVE music. I live music, I love music, music is everything to me. The Fixx make some of the best music I've ever heard - IMO of course since music is subjective - and I can't get enough of it.

I bought Reach the Beach on tape the same day I heard One Thing on the radio. When it came out on CD I bought it again on CD. When that CD got lost in a move I bought it on CD again. I bought the remastered version on CD a few years back. To this day I listen to the Fixx nearly every day. In the car or at home, at least one Fixx song thrown in there, or maybe a bunch.

Am I insane? Have I gone overboard maybe? I don't think so. I listen to plenty of other music too, but to me, The Fixx are just incredible. Every time I hear a Fixx song, I can feel my muscles relax, and I can close my eyes and enjoy the hell out of it. Unless I'm driving, of course.

To answer the question, my favorite Fixx memory is all of them. I remember the first time I heard Reach the Beach on CD, with good headphones on... that's another good Fixx memory for me.
    Fixxated

With her senses sharpened by the warning cold
    She brings me to memory

okay, this is kinda goofy and indirect but...

i remember when Reach the Beach came out, i just _had_ to get it that day, but i also had a project due for physical science (jr. high) the next day. So, i vividly remember jamming to RtB and placing little pieces of cardboard together to make topographical maps...

photo

Greetings from Oz.....to all fixxtures

I finally worked out how to get some pics on the board.....YAY!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The prison of rules can mess with your head enjoy your time look for the magic instead"
    Cy Curnin

Additional

Well Guys and Girls,

It was an absolute delight to visit the U.S.A.......met so many pleasant people.Hello to Dejapete.....it was great to meet you....that was an awsome pizza and I thoroughly enjoyed the La Crosse beer.
    Thank you again, Pete

The bowling greens show was excellent....as was the show at the Winchester.never thought I would be practically right in front of the stage at a show.:eek

Awsome to meet the "guys". Rupert was very personable, we had a good laugh.

Hi Kim.....great to meet you too.

hello to Cyence fiction, Henry Izzo and buffalo girl. Great to meet all the other Fixxtures.

It was such a great experience.....I would very much like to do it again.

A big thanks to Peter & Jeannie for looking after us in Chicago.

And..........the biggest thank you to Jeanne(super Fixx legend) for helping me make my trip possible.

Thank you!!!

[COLOR=royalblue][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]
    Last edited by Mike; 02-12-2007 at 06:45 AM.
    "The prison of rules can mess with your head enjoy your time look for the magic instead"
    Cy Curnin

Originally posted by Jeanne Thelen
    another one , brought forth for the benefit of new members...

I have to add another one, for me ....

Seeing Mike from Australia face, when he saw the Fixx perform for the first time at Bowling Greens, Ohio...

" it was worth the 26 year wait".....

Among other things...
    Now......I wonder what "those things" were???
    Cy Curnin

Originally posted by Mike
    Now......I wonder what "those things" were???

I am not sure I can revel "those things"... I have been bound to a code of ethics, if not silence... HA! LOL!!! ... .... but they were worth every onze of memory I possess ..

ALL FIXXTURES FOR SALE.........
    Collectively.... I wonder how much someone would offer for the lot of us...
    HMMMMMM......
    You pass like the moon in silence
    In the warm flooded air
    Looking back to those lost opportunities
    So often missed or ignored
    A thousand times I start heading for the dawn
    Only to turn around and face this rue once more
    There 's something ahead of you
    Cy Curnin

Don't die, with your music still inside of you.

Oooooh! This is getting good!
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

I remember that today is Jamie's birthday! Not sure how many years young, but Happy Birthday Jamie!!!

Cheerio!
    Pam (from MA now living in NC and 3 boys later)!!!

Hey y'all!!
    Cheerio!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast