Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete A to Z list of Fixx recordings

cyence fixxion Guest
    Thank you Jeanne!:thumbsup:

"FALLING APART TOGETHER".... who?,what?,when?, where?,how?...somebody help me with this one...no recall

I think they may have played this one during the last mini tour.... i know they didnt- the first coupla of shows... but i thought a remember hearing someone say they played it...

anyone?
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

"FALLING APART TOGETHER".... who?,what?,when?, where?,how?...somebody help me with this one...no recall

I think they may have played this one during the last mini tour.... i know they didnt- the first coupla of shows... but i thought a remember hearing someone say they played it...

HAS anyone heard this one live yet????

Our central states Fixxture friends were treated to this great tune on the last tour. So, yes, someone has heard it done LIVE.

Does anyone have the specifics on WHEN/year these gems surfaced or were swept under the carpet

Free Bird

Living Before Your Time

Last Night She Cried

Shake And Watch You Fall

All About You

What ever happened with their song Red Earth? I have the set list from (I believe it was) the Ink tour. I know it never made an album but I remember I liked that particular song.

Re: 321

Originally posted by Diamond05
    Does anyone have the specifics on WHEN/year these gems surfaced or were swept under the carpet

Free Bird
    Living Before Your Time
    Last Night She Cried
    Shake And Watch You Fall
    All About You
    These are all great songs. I like the last three very much though I've only heard the live versions of "Shake" and "Cried". "All About You" studio cut sounds polished and ready for release.

I'm looking forward to the ten songs they quoted as being on the next album but I wish we could persuade them to throw some more on the next CD. How about 14 tracks? Throw "All About You" and some of the others on there. I hate to think of these great songs never seeing the light of day. I'd really like to see more than just ten tracks.

Originally posted by LoraineinFL
    What ever happened with their song Red Earth? I have the set list from (I believe it was) the Ink tour. I know it never made an album but I remember I liked that particular song.
    Red Earth?
    Never heard of it.

Anyone...?

well stevey P, looks like you will have some new songs to be adding to the list here kinda soon!

plus i wanted to get this post updated from 3/19!!!

Re: Re: Missing Fixx Songs & More!

Originally posted by tenohtwo
    "Lonely As A Lighthouse" was never recorded in the studio. The band wrote this song during the Elemental era.
    Lonely As A Lighthouse was indeed recorded, during the Happy Landings sessions of 1997.

Regards...

Quote 1: "Lonely As A Lighthouse" was never recorded in the studio. The band wrote this song during the Elemental era."

They had it together when they started the elemental tour- i saw the first show of that tour and they were already rehearsing it, so when elemental finally came out, i was shocked that the best song of all the new ones wasnt included- i dont think i am alone on this one! LOL!

Quote II: "Lonely As A Lighthouse was indeed recorded, during the Happy Landings sessions of 1997."

Proof or evidence of this? only thing i remember is the title being thrown around "Lighthouse/lonely as a lighthouse " by us board members when compiling the A-Z list.

They always try things out first on the road/rehearsals before they go in to the studio-
    But i guess they never got the feel that they wanted from that song in the studio-
    Yet it is still a live crowd favorite.

heck i d like to see it replace deeper and deeper in the set list...

Wish we could get some versions of this song from the underground!

d3

Originally posted by Diamond05
    Quote 1: "Lonely As A Lighthouse" was never recorded in the studio. The band wrote this song during the Elemental era."

Wish we could get some versions of this song from the underground!

d3
    YES PLEASE!!

Anyone with a bootleg or soundboard recording of Lighthouse (especially from the 1997-1998 tours) is strongly encouraged to submit the highest resolution copy possible to The Fixx webmaster.

I can confirm to you all with 100% certainty ... Lonely As A Lighthouse was fully recorded and mixed in the studio with Stephen W. Tayler and Sadia in 1997 for the second incarnation of the Happy Landings album (that never was ).

I'm not suggesting that I think it was recorded, or supposing that it might have been recorded, I'm telling you that it was recorded (in a polite and friendly manner, of course ). This was confirmed to me by Sadia, herself.

Ask any of The Fixx band members if you can contact them ... they will confirm it also.

Cheers ...

sweet.....

maybe it ll surface someday...... with some other quality rarities...

Yeah, like the original studio 'rock' version of Life's What's Killing Me (weren't you asking about that at some stage, Steve?), which was also to be released on the 1997 version of Happy Landings.

By-the-way, the version of Sweet Pandemonium that was available as a download for a while (perhaps it still is?), is the 1997 Happy Landings version (re)recorded with Stephen W. Tayler and Sadia.

Unfortunately, it appears as though they didn't re-record a version of Mayfly with the band so, the original version recorded with the late Martin Rex is it.

Yes, a pity some of these unreleased tracks weren't included on the 25th Anniversary 2CD set perhaps but, I suppose the band don't want to revisit the 'what if?' tracks too much.

Cheers ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast