Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Complete A to Z list of Fixx recordings

Originally posted by Rodney
    I can confirm to you all with 100% certainty ... Lonely As A Lighthouse was fully recorded and mixed in the studio with Stephen W. Tayler and Sadia in 1997

Ask any of The Fixx band members if you can contact them ... they will confirm it also.

Cheers ...
    I went ahead and asked a band member as you suggested.
    Lighthouse was never mixed to the band's satisfaction and therefore does not exist in a "finished" state.

It may be mixed to Sadia's or Stephen's taste, but the band makes the final call on what is done and what is not done.

I'd love to hear whatever is out there in Sadia land. It's probably pretty awesome.

G'day, Steve,

Thanks for your response ... can I ask who you contacted? Adam, perhaps?

Anyway, yes ... obviously the 1997 Happy Landings album wasn't 'completed' to the band's liking because they then went away and reworked some of the tracks and ended up with the Elemental album, which I don't think a great deal of.

Given the quality of work on the Happy Landings 5-track CD and the superior (in my opinion) downloadable version of Sweet Pandemonium, I would expect the remainder of the unreleased album to be of similar quality ... Modern World, Lonely As The Lighthouse, Ocean Blue and Life's What's Killing Me. It's a great shame this release was scrapped because I feel it would be one of, if not, the best Fixx album ever ... with all due respect to their material at the height of their commercial success, of course.

Cheers ...

i kinda agree.... i am a bigger fan of the early version of going without than the later one, just my taste....

the first batch was kinda underdone, and the elemental batch might have been overdone...

but what ya gonna do- i still like the material-

And the guys give us so many versions to hear these days that us FUSSbudgets will have even more criticism to say "this isnt as good as that"...... so the story goes on and on.....

its all good- and keeps it interesting

just look at the new group of songs... i already told them i liked the altogehter stacatto beginning of remember me with the 1-2-3 w/silent pause the n1-2-3 again...

the new version has this ceremonious intro with a more spacial feel, but its growing on me..

i ll shut up now!!!

d3
    "There can be no tradition without innovation."
    - Earle Hitchner, Irish music journalist

does "Better be good to me" count?

Ok, Hey folks I know I'm new here and all, but I was checking out the a-z list and I hope I found a loophole----Tina Turner had a hit single in the 80's called "Better Be Good To Me"-------and I know Cy is in the video, unless I'm mistaken, It's been a while since I've seen it but, so are the rest of the band---The record certainly sounds like The Fixx--I'm almost certain it's got Rupert on Keys. A very good song, I suspect written mostly by the Fixx..just a thought.

In addition to Better Be Good To Me is Break Every Rule from her follow up album.

I'd rather keep the list solely Fixx material rather than expand it to include side projects.

You are right though Chuck
    Welcome to the board and don't be a stranger.

List of Songs and where it is

Hi

if anyone interested at an Excel or Access file with all my Fixx records, sorted by Titel and where you find it on records..it is over 700 lines with Ordernumber, Record, 3, 5 or 12ich or Vinyl 7 or 12inch. Promo or not, Picture disc or not, Westwood, Sourde and so on..a collection after 20 years. I hope it is complete
    I send it via email of course gratis.

Send me a message to my email adress.

best
    xximo, germany
    Xximo

from awhile ago:

Rodney was saying.... "I can confirm to you all with 100% certainty ... Lonely As A Lighthouse was fully recorded and mixed in the studio with Stephen W. Tayler and Sadia in 1997 for the second incarnation of the Happy Landings album (that never was ).

I'm not suggesting that I think it was recorded, or supposing that it might have been recorded, I'm telling you that it was recorded (in a polite and friendly manner, of course ). This was confirmed to me by Sadia, herself.

Ask any of The Fixx band members if you can contact them ... they will confirm it also."

Let's hope if LIGHTHOUSE doesnt ever make it on to an upcoming release, then hopefully we can see it surface on their MPYSPACE site or those snoCap/ or iTunes sites for a fee...

F*ck, will pay 50.00 bucks to get a good recording of that song from its heyday in the live set, or maybe this hidden one that Rodney swears is in the vaults somewhere-

OH PS.... it has to be a version i dont already have..... i and i have 4 of them now.....

And maybe they will let someone mix/ produce it to their liking sometime soon... They let how many people remix cutup extend chop OTLTA ???

timeWILLtell
    Last edited by Diamond05; 10-27-2007 at 04:17 PM.

Anybody interested in putting together an online database of all of the songs, what versions exist, what albums they were on, maybe even lyrics?

I have years of experience in programming and databases, plus tons of web-site space. I can easily set something like this up. The problem is I don't have all of the necessary information. (I own all the official releases on CD, plus a huge stash of vinyl, 7", 12", etc., it's the rare tracks I'm not sure of.)

Anyways... if you'd like to help out hit me up. I'm happy to provide services and web space (for free).

Phil :-)

Well, now for the big question...
    ...what is the Meaning of Life?

Phil

I tried to start a couple different methods of what you are proposing. I ran out of time to spend on it.

If you will expend the energy, I will provide any info you need (that I have access to).

Send me an e'mail and we'll take it back channel.

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
    Phil

I tried to start a couple different methods of what you are proposing. I ran out of time to spend on it.

If you will expend the energy, I will provide any info you need (that I have access to).

Send me an e'mail and we'll take it back channel.
    Sent you a message Steve,

for the others, I'm working on putting something together but it will take a while yet as it's such a big job.

Question: Does anybody have a copy of accurate lyrics from Shuttered Room?

For completeness, I don't think all of these were on the previous list...

Acrobat * 1981 101 Live Letters (The FIX)
    Eye For Design * 1981 101 Live Letters (The FIX)
    Soho Alley * 1981 101 Live Letters (The FIX)

Deeper And Deeper 1984 Streets of Fire OST

These Boots Are Made For Walkin' 25th Anniversary Anthology

Other stuff...

With One Look (The Wildest Dream) 1985 Better Off Dead OST (Rupert Hine, Cy Curnin, Jamie West-Oram)
    Dancing In Isolation 1985 Better Off Dead OST (Rupert Hine, Jamie West-Oram)
    Falcon Beat 1985 Better Off Dead OST (Rupert Hine, Jamie West-Oram)

Hazards In The Home 1980 Hazards In The Home 7" (The Portraits)
    Never Let Go 1980 Hazards In The Home 7" (The Portraits)
    Easy 1980 Little Women 7" (The Portraits)
    Little Women 1980 Little Women 7" (The Portraits)

Re: Tina Turner, I think that Cy sang backing vocals and Jamie did guitar on her song I Might Have Been Queen (Track 1 on Private Dancer).

I also think Jamie played Guitar on Stevie Nicks' Other Side of the Mirror album, but I need to check...

http://www.thefixx.net/showthread.ph...er+side+mirror

Somebody had this up on one of thee old sites

Not sure of the name of the original poster (or i'd give them credit!)

But i c&p'd it years ago and saved it as a a text file years ago-

I'm sure there is more to add to his list from the recent years....

PS yes to Stevie's Mirror cd- plays throughout most of the cd

and he got writing credits on I might have been queen w/ TTurner and toured with her on the PDancer tour- see the video w/ DBowie BAdams in that video too.

Didnt some of us gather all of dis years ago >>>> ???

d3

Originally posted by Diamond05
    http://www.thefixx.net/showthread.ph...er+side+mirror

Somebody had this up on one of thee old sites

Not sure of the name of the original poster (or i'd give them credit!)

But i c&p'd it years ago and saved it as a a text file years ago-

I'm sure there is more to add to his list from the recent years....

PS yes to Stevie's Mirror cd- plays throughout most of the cd

and he got writing credits on I might have been queen w/ TTurner and toured with her on the PDancer tour- see the video w/ DBowie BAdams in that video too.

Didnt some of us gather all of dis years ago >>>> ???

d3
    Thanks... very useful...!

This may have been gathered years ago but I've been out of the loop a bit - huge fan since Shuttered Room but I've only recently discovered things like this forum thanks to talking to Mr.Curnin on MySpace.

That may sound weird but consider I live in the UK where The Fixx have never been massively successful. I simply never thought to Google them before because I've become so used to receiving blank stares when I mention them to people here that I assumed there wouldn't be much stuff related to them on the Net.

I'm currently trying to compile a definitive list of releases - all songs, what formats they were released on, lyrics, side projects, and so on. It's alll dynamic / database driven - for example you can look up a song title on an alphabetic index and then get a list of all of the releases that feature it.

I've got all of the code working and every song on the list on this thread on it already, I'm currently trying to find out what were singles, 12", CD singles, and so on. I have a lot of the 7" and 12" from the early days myself but in later years it's hard to find out what was released...

I'd appreciate any help (and will credit people by name)... right now I'd particularly like...

* Info regarding which songs were released as singles anywhere in the world, with their b-sides.

* Lyrics for songs that don't have official lyric inserts. (Yes, a lot of them appear on free lyric/ringtone sites but most of them are wrong/worthless).

Any info most appreciated...

P.S. I'm doing this as a fan, as a tribute to the band and as a service for other fans, not making any profit from it.

So I got a question, what sort of songs appeared on the b -sides of the 45's and singles? Were they live versions of popular songs or were there rare, didn't make it to the record type of songs? I mean judging by the songs that make up Lost Tracks and Happy Landings, there are plenty of great songs.
    All I've found so far are live tracks and songs that were already released.

Were there new tracks?

Thanks!
    Wibbly wobbly timey whimey...stuff

Not sure if this is a definitive list as I'm still working on it TimeAndSpace...

but...

http://omegaville.com/fixx/singles.asp

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast