Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phantoms songs live...

Phantoms songs live...

Does anyone know, if 'Phantom Living' has ever been performed live? It's got one of my favourite Jamie guitar moments, at the end. I don't like to refer to them as solos, as that description doesn't quite suit Jamie.

The last time I heard Phantoms live was on October 15th,1984.. I actually have a picture of Cy singing it and if I could ever get my act together and figure out how to post it on this web site( My dad, being the "orginal" Bill Gates would be gasping for air at this moment... I am his greatest disapointement when it comes to computers!!!HA! LOL!!! ) I would do it, just for you, Wilkie ... Jeanne

Can we get some sort of 'official' list of songs the Fixx have never performed live? Mr. Pariseau, I'd imagine you would have a good idea, yes? I'm sure that most of them would be easy to guess, like FACING THE WIND!!! (Yes, another shameless cry to hear this song live, how much is enough indeed)

Originally posted by Jeanne Thelen
    The last time I heard Phantoms live was on October 15th,1984.. I actually have a picture of Cy singing it and if I could ever get my act together and figure out how to post it on this web site( My dad, being the "orginal" Bill Gates would be gasping for air at this moment... I am his greatest disapointement when it comes to computers!!!HA! LOL!!! ) I would do it, just for you, Wilkie ... Jeanne
    Wow, that would be cool. Are you able to scan pictures? If you are, I can post the scanned photo for you.

Originally posted by tenohtwo
    Can we get some sort of 'official' list of songs the Fixx have never performed live? Mr. Pariseau, I'd imagine you would have a good idea, yes? I'm sure that most of them would be easy to guess, like FACING THE WIND!!! (Yes, another shameless cry to hear this song live, how much is enough indeed)

Good call!! How about some of the 'Calm Animals' tunes?

I will bring them over to my friends house and scan them for you. she has a top of the line scanner etc. . do you want them snail mail or email???? Jeanne

Originally posted by tenohtwo

Huhhhh! (thats a long sigh)

I wasn't ever going to let this cat out of the bag. Because this means I'll have to eventually finish it. But I had started a Fixx Live Resource Guide in two different formats. One format was just text that you read. The other was a chart that you look up the song from a specific album and get pointed to a source to actually find a live recording.

THIS IS INCOMPLETE so don't get all excited that Calm Animals and Ink are missing. Just haven't made the time to finish the thing and I kinda felt it was lame half way through and became unmotivated.

Your wish is my sentance - - -

Here you go...
    http://www.sightnsound.org/fixxliveguide.html

And...
    http://www.sightnsound.org/fixxliveguide2.html

you may want to consider and possibly research the possiblity that The Fix were featured on another compilation besides 101 Live Letters from the 101 Club days

I recently came across this reference to a vinyl record listed for sale on a collectors site...

LP 101 Club Sandwich (UK/101-Polydor/1981) 10.00 w/ MISTAKES, VICTIMS OF PLEASURE, REPRO CENTRAL, THE FIX, EDUKATORS...

I dont think its 101 Live Letters with a different name, its not the same lineup of bands

I will bring them over to my friends house and scan them for you. she has a top of the line scanner etc. . do you want them snail mail or email???? Jeanne
    If you send them by email, I can't post them quicker.

Originally posted by Brad Westcott
    you may want to consider and possibly research the possiblity that The Fix were featured on another compilation besides 101 Live Letters from the 101 Club days

I recently came across this reference to a vinyl record listed for sale on a collectors site...

LP 101 Club Sandwich (UK/101-Polydor/1981) 10.00 w/ MISTAKES, VICTIMS OF PLEASURE, REPRO CENTRAL, THE FIX, EDUKATORS...

I dont think its 101 Live Letters with a different name, its not the same lineup of bands
    I understand that the "Live Letters" tunes were released on multiple albums. Another source for those three tunes is "Warts N All". There could be a fourth that I don't know about.

Like I said, the list is incomplete.

E mail, it is Wilkie, I'll try this weekend to get over to my friends house... they are 20 years old and a bit grainy, but I am sure you can work some magic!!! Jeanne

( My dad, being the "orginal" Bill Gates would be gasping for air at this moment... I am his greatest disapointement when it comes to computers!!!HA! LOL!!! ) ... Jeanne
    dude, did I read that right???

KKKKKEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
    Your wish is my sentance - - -

Here you go...
    http://www.sightnsound.org/fixxliveguide.html

And...
    http://www.sightnsound.org/fixxliveguide2.html [/B]
    Cool, thanks for those links, Steve. I enjoyed reading the text version. I'm not too surprised by what I saw. Kudos to you!

HA!!! I wish... Then I wouldn't be scrambling to come up with the air fare to get to vegas.. I 'd have the fixx come play in my living room with all you invited, all expenses paid for !!!! HA! Lol.... What I meant by that, considering my dad is alot older than Bill Gates...is that he was a computer genius ,tech head way back in the 60's ... Computers are his passion... and like i said to Debash.. he was always bringing the darn things home for me to "experiment " on.. Finally in my jr year of college , asked him to stop... because I was going to be a kindergarten teacher .. waht did I need to know anything about computers for!!!! OHHHHHH>> if high insight was 20/20... Jeanne

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK

warts n all

Can confirm that album Steve, I have a copy.

There is also one available at ebay at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WD1V
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast