Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 'ello England!

Hey .. The Fixxdotcom also had a great idea... take picture of yourselves so we can "meet " you all as well.... And thats a whole lotta love, brother ,,, Jeanne

Greetings to one & all!

What great news, a proper band in London for once!!

I have not been to the Borderline, is it hot & smokey? reason being my wife has a bun in the oven, as much as I'd love her to give birth to "Im Life" or "Driven out" it may not suit her!

Im still going regardless!

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    Hi, the Borderline is a small subterranean venue (no pun intended) It does get very hot and sweaty, although there is plenty of room to move around and quite easy access to the bar and the loos, access and exit is via about 3 flights of about 10 stairs (think I recall properly). Smoking is allowed in the venue and the air conditioning wasn't working last year, should have been, it was really hot there, but that said, we were on the back of the hottest summer ever. Hope this helps.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Thanks Stuart,

A boys night it is then!

Look forward to meeting you all there.

Originally posted by ettenaj
    I have the day off my manager made a decision I thought he might faint at the effort but he seemed to be ok by the end of the night.

cheers ettenaj
    That's brilliant news ettenaj! Looking forward to meeting you

Originally posted by Cotswold
    Thanks Stuart,

A boys night it is then!

Look forward to meeting you all there.
    I'm sure ettenaj and Alannah will have a thing or three to say about that...... gonna be a great night.

Not sure if anyone else is booking hotels, but the Royal National have a fair rate for the night and only about a half mile from the club. Single room rate is 66 with a mega breakfast included.

Originally posted by STUART
    I'm sure ettenaj and Alannah will have a thing or three to say about that...... gonna be a great night.
    Nope nothing to say at all don't draw me in Stuart. If Cotswold wants a boys night then he can have one he'll just have to pretend that we are all boys thats all. Besides I know what he meant anyway and thats ok.

Not sure if anyone else is booking hotels, but the Royal National have a fair rate for the night and only about a half mile from the club. Single room rate is 66 with a mega breakfast included.
    You know a hotel room is not a bad idea would save worrying about getting home. Will think on that!

ettenaj

ps Cotswold what is the first half of your postcode it helps my geography and I can figure out where you are!!

Would be tempted to drive up and back same night if I lived within 50 / 60 miles of the big smoke, but faced with a long hike back down that seemingly endless motorway on a cold October night, nah, 66 for hotel sounds better and let the train take the strain.

Brilliant news, looks like Lisa will be able to come as well, just waiting for our child minder to confirm she will be available for a whole day. She can't wait to meet Sexy Cy as she calls him, they didn't come out after the Swansea show last year and she missed the Borderline, so this'll make up for it, have to bring tissues though to stop her droolin'...........

Originally posted by ettenaj

You know a hotel room is not a bad idea would save worrying about getting home. Will think on that!

ettenaj

I suppose I should be ok since I am only in Wimbledon. How late did the show end last time? Not that it matters, I'll stay even it the tube stops running, there's always night buses or I can just get a taxi, though I know that would cost me, still, I don't think it would be as much as a hotel for a night!, at least I hope not!

Originally posted by Alannah86
    I suppose I should be ok since I am only in Wimbledon. How late did the show end last time?
    Show will finish around 11 o' clock but you won't to go straight away I'm sure...

Show will finish around 11 o' clock but you won't to go straight away I'm sure...
    Of that I am certain Stuart!
    Think I will take a look at night buses, etc, or maybe a hotel is the safest choice since I will be coming on my own.

I gave ettanej a lift back to near Richmond last time, so I can do the same for you this time, if you want.

Originally posted by Wilkie UK
    I gave ettanej a lift back to near Richmond last time, so I can do the same for you this time, if you want.
    That would be very kind of you Wilkie, thanks! As long as it is not a huge inconvenience for you. I have just looked at night buses and the journey would take 2 hours, certainly would not feel safe doing that alone

Originally posted by Alannah86
    That would be very kind of you Wilkie, thanks! As long as it is not a huge inconvenience for you. I have just looked at night buses and the journey would take 2 hours, certainly would not feel safe doing that alone

Your a good guy Wilkie and Alannah86 there is no way that you would be doing that journey alone my parents live near Wimbledon and it is them that I am staying with over the weekend. So I wouldn't let you leave alone mine you we could always spilt the cost of a room.

Wilkie if it is not to much trouble could I catch I life as well. I can get you from Wimbledon to me Dads house and back to the M3 no problem.

From what I remember of last year I think we left just after midnight cause I sent me photos to thefixxdotcom around 1ish.

cheers ettenaj

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast