Thread: UNDERESTIMATION IS A MIND WITH CONSTIPATION!

Smile UNDERESTIMATION IS A MIND WITH CONSTIPATION!

SO WHATS THE DEAL WITH THE MUSIC INDUSTRY? IT SEEMS TO ME TO BE A ONE TRACK (no pun intended)MIND IN SEARCH OF "THE GOLDEN FLEECE", AND THEY ARE SEARCHING HI AND LOW FOR THE "PROVERBIAL POT OF GOLD" AND IT'S RIGHT UNDER THEIR NOSE !?!!?? ......."THE FIXX".... IT'S A CRYING SHAME THAT THE MUSIC INDUSTRY CAN PROMOTE SOME TEENAGER W/ A BREAST JOB AND NOT BE CHARGED WITH "EXPLOITATION" AND A GROUP LIKE THE FIXX WOULD (by virtue of an economic/commercial dollar value) BE OVERLOOKED FOR SUCH A LESSOR QUALIFIED ARTIST ,OR FOR THAT MATTER A COMPLETE DECADE OF LESSOR QUALED SO CALLED MUSICIANS / ARTISTS / GROUPS THAT ARE REALLY NO MORE THAN SLAVES TO A FAILING SYSTEM. ARTISTIC NUMBNESS AND THE UNFORTUNATE LOSS OF AN UN-IMAGINATIVE INSIGHT TO THE FUTURE OF MUSIC AS THE CREATIVE FORCE AND DESIRE TO MAKE MUSIC THAT WHEN MARRIED TO LYRICS FROM THE SOUL.....TELL ALL.?.GO FIGURE!?!? "THE FIXX" HAS GOT TO BE THE ......MOST UNDERESTIMATED ROCK BAND TO EVER COME DOWN MUSIC ROW. UNTILL WE HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN THERE WILL BE NO EQUAL IN THE BUSINESS. NOR WILL THERE BE A TIME TO REST UNTILL WE EDGE THESE FELLOWS BACK INTO THE FRONT ROW FOR THE BEST ORIGINAL SOUNDING GROUP SINCE THE "BEATLES", BARRING ALL OTHERS "THE FIXX" ARE UN-DOUBTABLY THE BEST !!!!! NEEDLESS TO SAY ...I AM A TRUE "FIXX" FAN!! PROBABLY ONE OF THE OLDEST "FIXXTURES" IN THE WINDOW,.....BUT AT TIMES WHEN I SPIN A VINYLE OR 7 OR 8 OR JUST TO HEAR ONE TRACK OFF OF ANY OF THEIR ALBUMS I CANT HELP BUT FEEL A LITTLE "BROKKEN" SPIRIT BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF THE MUSIC INDUSTRIES ABILITY TO RECOGNIZE THE QUALITY THIS GROUP HAS TO OFFER THE AIR WAIVES OF THIS NEW MILLINIUM. WELL...I FELL BETTER NOW THAT THATS OFF MY "FIXXIT LIST" IS THEIR ANY ONE ELSE THAT FELLS THIS WAY? LET ME KNOW!

------------------
    indy14

Smile

Yes, I think you said it best and I also feel the same about today's music. absolute crapolla. I'm really hoping thee new album can cause some kind of stir and get them the attention they so very much deserve.

Cool

Speaking of the new album! I listened to the new song "elected" on mp3, and I must admit I don't like it! I think they (the Fixx) might be trying a different style just to passify the fickle music industry. The old stuff is truely the great stuff for me! I wish they would thumb their noses at the industry and play like the 80's again. Either of you guys here any of the new album? What did you think?

Smile

For most record companies music is a product in the first place, a 'cool' product they want to sell to the younger people. That's why they promote younger artists. It seems they forget there's a lot of older people (like me) that also love to listen to older artists, like the Fixx. Can we convince them? At least we can try, there's a petition on the Fixx mail digest for releasing Fixx video's.

Brian, the song ELECTED was not on an album (yet). It's obvious the guys were making fun: funny lyrics, funny instruments, funny rhythm, funny song. In a way the song is similar to Queens' Crazy Little Thing Called Love.
    I think MikeD refers to the Fixx album '1011 Woodland', released 1999. It's a kind of acoustic best-of that I like VERY much. You can find info on other released albums in the Discography section of the Fixx website. I'm pretty sure there's stuff that you like better than the song Elected... (-"

Guido
    www.guido.deroos.org

Wink

Actually Guido, when I mentioned the new album, I meant the one there finishing up now that will hopefully be out sometime this year. The possible "radio friendly" release of "Lonely as a Lighthouse" actually making some noise and giving the exposure they so deserve instead of having to listen to more teeny-bopping crappola we have on the radio today. Maybe the Fixx can hit the airwaves just at the right time when everybody starts getting sick and tired of constant replays after replays of Britany, N'Sync, and the Backstreet Boys.

Wink

I see Mike... but I'm afraid we have to be patient. Well, it'll be worth waiting!

------------------
    watching... waiting... playing the broom...

http://www.guido.deroos.org

Lightbulb

Hi indy! Love the post! Like you, like me, we are more or less a chosen few, I speak on behalf of all fixxtures. Alot of thier lyrics try to inspire us with love, inspiration, peace, proper growth, it's the root to all life! Like you said, "SO CALLED MUSICIANS / ARTISTS / GROUPS THAT ARE REALLY NO MORE THAN SLAVES TO A FAILING SYSTEM," is very true =). I remember listening to an interview of Cy and Adam on the Global Satellite Network back around 1990-1992. I had recorded it on tape, but lost it in 1997, boy did I go crazy trying to find it! Cy and Adam, darn, I'll never stop looking for it! Anyways, Cy said something to the affect(close to his own words) that music seems to hold a strange place to all the manipulations of society, some of it is following the path, but the other side of it is still reacting(hint, what was one of the albums called?) against things. Very true! Even more in today's times. As we know, alot of music today wants to play towards our current state of mind. Like, I hate you, you hate me, gangs, race, sick of it all! Your right, it seems to boil down to the dollar bill, no matter where the next generation ends up at. Like in the Fixx song, "Do What You Can," now called, "Peace On Earth," as it says, "we're all to blame." What are we leaving for our children? Money is not worth the hell we leave them! I'm not trying to say it's all bad, but lets face it, this world is in trouble... We already know that they have great lyrics, and music unlike anything in this world! In maybe my own belief, if they sang more towards "lets all die," "I hate you too," "to hell with life/people," you get the point you see it all around you, I'm sure they would be right up there with thier awesome music. But hey, that's not them. One of the many good things we love about them, inspired by, and love to feel. As people, we need it, or we fade away . I know were all not on the same level too, and thats okay. Just a little something we both can relate to, as with all of us! =) So we all say,"Go FIXX!" Let the new album deliver!!!

Cya round!

Romenhal....