View Poll Results: For whom would you vote for U.S President in 2004?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • George W. Bush

5 21.74%
  • John Kerry

14 60.87%
  • neither

4 17.39%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2004 U.S. Presidential Straw Vote

WHEW!!! Just got back from the polls... and yes, I did vote for Kerry... depite all my reservations of what it might say to "terrorist nations" about switching presidents in the middle of a occupation(war) .. ANd Hey, If makes Cy happy ..well it was just an added bonus!!!

As always, gotta love the BBC for doing things the best. Their interactive map prompts you when there are updated votes in states, blinks the states you need to check.

BBC election returns map

Unhappy another 4 years...

Well, speaking of the BBC. Their news website has announced Bush as the winner of this election. What a shame, and to quote from the song I just happen to be listening right now:

"Just for politics we live the lie, you cry, we cry, part of history will wonder why"

Could not have said it better myself

Good one , Allannah.. Alot of people are disapointed!!! Jeanne

Thanks to you who voted in the straw vote. If only Kerry had really won. It concerns me that Bush lied to us...That we are imposing democracy on Iraq...that 100,000 Iraqis have died so far...That the world view of the USA is worse than ever...That there are people without health insurance.

Bush will be President and the Republicans have Congress. Let's see something good get done for the people.

Keep watch. There are more elections to come.

I was too shy to speak my mind before the election and I should have. Anyway, let's be optimistic and work with what we've got.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Originally posted by dejapete
    Thanks to you who voted in the straw vote. If only Kerry had really won. It concerns me that Bush lied to us...That we are imposing democracy on Iraq...that 100,000 Iraqis have died so far...That the world view of the USA is worse than ever...That there are people without health insurance.

Bush will be President and the Republicans have Congress. Let's see something good get done for the people.

Keep watch. There are more elections to come.

I was too shy to speak my mind before the election and I should have. Anyway, let's be optimistic and work with what we've got.
    Meet the new crook- same as the old crook. . . I'm so sick of all the bullcrap this guy is shoveling!!! Most of his votes came from folks over 60!!! Do they honestly matter? All of them are mostly retired!!! Nothing that's going on now except for like social security and medicare really applies to them. . . now we're suffering for all this. . . and they wonder why folks in the service are telling their younger family members not to register for selective service. . .
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

soooo TRUE , PREC!! When my father (who is over 60 and retired) found out that I voted for Kerry.. I was told my inheritance was now going to the dogs!!!!! He was not happy with me BUT , Oh well.. again I will say u have to stand up for what (or who) you believe in or fall with the rest of them!!!!!!!!!!!

(just when you thought I was normal)

I was thinking in my dream the other night (happened to be election night...) about how important free-agency is. Abortion, poverty, marijuana... choice concerning these things belongs to each individual person, not to the government. People should be free to "live and die by their own mistakes." I don't mean that in a mean way. I mean- that's what FREEDOM means! Do we pity animals that are FREE or do we pity those that are locked up and supposedly given everything they need? I think freedom IS A BASIC HUMAN NEED and in America, we're supposed to have a right to that. So anyway, I'm done with the whole Republican agenda. The issues are not what matters here; it's freedom that matters! How can any individual feel good that they made the right choice about something when they had no option?
    I've decided there is no underlying conspiracy. There is only ignorance (and those who make out like bandits because of it).
    I used to always do what I was told, even if I didn't agree with it, because it was what "GOD" wanted me to do.
    I'm grateful that "GOD" intervened and helped me understand that he doesn't try to control people. If he wanted to, don't you think he would have made us all robots in the first place?

So anyway, that's what I was thinking about in my dream that night. (The next night I dreamed I was married to Andre the Giant and he was riding me down a really steep rollercoaster.) I love rollercoasters and he was very sweet actually, so ...
    JUDGE FOR YOURSELF!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123