View Poll Results: For whom would you vote for U.S President in 2004?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • George W. Bush

5 21.74%
  • John Kerry

14 60.87%
  • neither

4 17.39%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2004 U.S. Presidential Straw Vote

Originally posted by Cygnet
    I'll admit my ignorance...what's the Kyoto protocol?

(and I'll take no offence about your Bush comment. I'm not completely convinced of who I'll finally vote for.
    Hi Cygnet, thanks for not taking offence to my comment, it's just my own personal opinion but I always worry I'll aggravate someone and that would never be my intention on any of my posts.

Regarding the Kyoto protocol, here's a small quote taken from the BBC, which can explain it a lot better than I could!

"The Kyoto Protocol is an international agreement setting targets for industrialised countries to cut their greenhouse gas emissions.
    These gases are considered at least partly responsible for global warming - the rise in global temperature which may have catastrophic consequences for life on Earth.
    The protocol was established in 1997, based on principles set out in a framework agreement signed in 1992"

If anyone is interested in reading more, here's a link to the WWF
    (no, not the wrestling federation! LOL!)

http://www.wwf.org.uk/news/n_0000000268.asp

Thank you. I checked out the article.

OH MY!!!

geoff, You are too much !! I died laughing!! I am narrowing it down and I am 97 % sure who I am voting for! But Like I said to a friend.. this is the first time I have ever hit the polls with my heart stricken in fear!!! I hate the fact that in this election I have not had a clear canadite!! I see both sides, but i have to tend to agree with several members of this board as I ask myself " am I satisfied???" ANd the issues that are near and dear to my heart are definately heading towards one side!!!!

Because some people say that they are undecided...

In germany we have a proverb concerning voting for our politicians and it goes like that:

You have to decide between plague and cholera.

I think we say that because you will never agree 100 procent with the line of one party.

Goeff.

I think that photo of the billboard was probably faked.

Then again...Could it be that all those Democratic campaign promises are too much to swallow?
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Originally posted by dejapete
    Goeff.

Then again...Could it be that all those Democratic campaign promises are too much to swallow?
    In this day and age anything is possible Deja....I mean come on the Red Sox just won the World Series....There's something I didn't think I'd EVER see.

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Angry

Originally posted by dejapete
    Goeff.

You're making me sick.

Sorry, Cygnet. I'm bad. I'll try to behave.

In every election there are a lot of promises. And there is a lot of populist speak. Even if a promise isn't empty, it still depends on which party ends up controlling Congress. That's why I usually vote a straight ticket.

Here's an interesting site....

it predicts the current electoral vote based on polls taken in each state.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Check it out

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Good Website, Goeff.

Good thing to watch.

Personally, I don't believe in polls, and I won't participate in polls. (Oops, except this one. It's just for fun)

The polls don't decide. The voters decide. So get out and vote and make the difference!

(vote for Kerry, please)

I've decided!

(just kidding)

Actually I've been really mad at the GOP this last week because they are trying to convict some talk show hosts here in CA (John and Ken at KFI) for using their freedom of speech/press to oust one of our congressmen. I guess when you stir things up, the grunge hits the surface and you find out what the pond was really made of!

So I'm voting for Kerry now. I'm sure he'll get California anyway but just in case they need that one extra vote...mine'll be there.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

VOTE

Hey everyone, I've been wanting to post but I've been working a lot. I also would like to encourage all Fixxtures to vote. It is your right as an American. Even if you want to vote for the other guy (Bush), at least you are expressing your constitutional rights as a citizen of this great country. I do want to add though to the discussion on the Kyoto Protocal. I believe someone mentioned if Kerry said anything about this. He did in the second (or third?) debate. He mentioned how over 150 nations were at this world meeting except for the U.S. I guess Bush doesn't feel global warming is such a big issue. It might interfere with his and Cheney's oil deals. After these past 4 years of great failed leadership of this country, how can anyone still want to vote for Bush for another 4 years? And Jeanne, feel confident on Nov. 2nd when you cast a vote for a new president who will work for a better environment, a better health care plan, a better economic plan, and a better plan for global unity. Someone to unite us not divide us. This will probably be the most important presidential election in our lifetime. So vote on Tuesday. And if you are still undecided, remember that Cy hates Bush so do it for him. HaHaHa

Re: VOTE

Originally posted by miked26
    I do want to add though to the discussion on the Kyoto Protocal. I believe someone mentioned if Kerry said anything about this. He did in the second (or third?) debate. He mentioned how over 150 nations were at this world meeting except for the U.S.
    Thanks for that Mike! It was me who had asked about the Kyoto Protocol. Glad to know Kerry has mentioned it, there is hope for our poor planet then...Hope he wins!

If you need a bit of encouragement, check this out:

MOSH

Eminem

They have been playing it ever since I saw it Thursday. . . one day they even rolled it for an hour straight!!!! I found it quite interesting. . . and informing. A lot of those things I already knew, but for him to be bold and say it, I give him big ups for that. A lot of friends of mine have been subjected to that backdoor draft thing, and it pisses me off!!! And this time, when they draft, OUR DAUGHTERS are going too!!! What tha phuck is goin' on, and why don't they pull that lunatic out of office???

And we ain't even gonna get started on the missing votes in Florida- those who voted early have to go back and do it again, because they have LOST the BALLOTS!!!!!!! Can you smell what the conspiracy is cookin'???
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

MOSH

Yes, watch the MOSH video by Eminem. Even if you are not a rap fan, check out this video, it is great!! And yes, I'll admit it, I am an Eminem fan. Nice call preciousstone75. Great timing with the election tomorrow!!! Don't forget to VOTE Fixxtures!!!!
    GO KERRY!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast