Thread: Fixx CDs in London

Smile Fixx CDs in London

I am happy to say that I have been pleasantly surprised by being able to find some Fixx CDs in London. Both HMV and Virgin stores on Oxford Street had them. I bought some I didn't have, such as Missing links, Real time stood still and The king biscuit flower hour concert.
    Shame they did not have any of their most recent stuff, but at least it is a good sign to see something over here.

When I worked in central London, I used the spend every lunchtime, either in Virgin, HMV or my personal favourite, Tower Records in Piccadilly Circus. Tower always used to have the latest imports, which is usually what I was after.
    Of course, this was before the internet was invented

Originally posted by Wilkie UK
    ....or my personal favourite, Tower Records in Piccadilly Circus. Tower always used to have the latest imports, which is usually what I was after.
    Of course, this was before the internet was invented
    Forgot about Tower Records!, oh well, you are right Wilkie, I usually order everything through Amazon, but sometimes I feel very impatient and want things TODAY as opposed to 3 weeks from now.....Expecting a delivery from American Amazon, but it just figures that because it happens to be 4 Fixx CDs, I have not got them yet, usually I get things way before their estimated delivery times, but not this time!

If you're after more mainstream cds, try www.play.com P&P is included in the price, although they only ship within the EU. Having said that, I have purchased 3 copies of Saga's latest album, 'Network', from there, for people in the US and Canada.
    The biggest gripe fo these guys, is that the Saga cd is available to order from amazon.co.uk, but not amazon.com or amazon.ca

Originally posted by Wilkie UK
    If you're after more mainstream cds, try www.play.com P&P is included in the price, although they only ship within the EU....
    Thanks for that Wilkie! Someone else had told me about that website ages ago and I had totally forgotten to look them up.

Yea, UNFORTUNATELY they closed the Tower Records in Piccadilly and made it another Virgin (sounds weird, like some sort of Channel 5 documentary). I was very, very disappointed, because Tower seemed to stock everything and anything, and Virgin is just really a mainstreamer's delight. Well IMHO.

I did find PHANTOMS and REACH THE BEACH on CD down London way, I hadn't even known they were remastered.

The best one I got was ELEMENTAL + 1011 WOODLAND though. It was impossible to find in the stores over here, I just couldn't find it anywhere. I'm also an XTC fan, and I was hooking up people with as many of their demos that were out there that I could back in 1998 and 1999, when XTC were just coming out of their strike against Virgin Records. Not for money, just for trade. And a really nice guy was appreciative of what I had sent to him, and he bought me ELEMENTAL + 1011 as a gift. That was really nice. I'll always remember how I acquired that album.

I HAVE FOUND MANY FIXX CD'S ONLINE AND IN SECOND HAND STORES! ALWAYS A GOOD PLACE TO START...

oops!! that is better....

XTC.. there is that group again... you will find that many Fixxtures also like that group... I will have to check them out, I guess!