Thread: Cover Songs

Cover Songs

Sorry if this covered territory but being a newbie I have all these Fixx thoughts I'm trying to release. My question is, has anyone been to a Fixx Show past or present where they have played any cover tunes. Just curious.

I believe they did "these boots were made for walking" at the London show.. but I am not 100% sure... Jeanne

They did do These Boots in London...

Yes, Bash is right, I was lucky enough to be there. It was a very cool dark version of the song.

Bought These Boots as a music download a few months ago - it *is* dark, and really cool. Wouldn't mind hearing it live!

IMO in could sound very cool if they would cover a Roxy Music Song. Just for fun and maybe just for one special live show. Don't know if Gary Tibbs would like to do so, too.

covers

To my knowledge, they have never done any covers at live shows, other than "boots" & "rock the casbah". Both of them this year. I think it could be possible to hear "boots" again, but to me it doesn't seem to be an easy song to fit into the setlist. Where would they put it? Then again, I thought I saw pigs flying in my backyard the other night.

Re: covers

Originally posted by xtctom
    ... I think it could be possible to hear "boots" again, but to me it doesn't seem to be an easy song to fit into the setlist...
    When they played "Boots" here in London, they played it as part of their encore, if I recall correctly.

Covers: the revenge

I was never one to not "necropost" due to some imaginary stigma. So: glad someone had covered this topic before.

On the flip side, there in fact was a discussion on others covering The Fixx. Electronic Tribute thread

But the main reason I'm here is to share my inspiration on the highway today, to ask if someone can get word to the band that they should do a cover of Jukebox Hero by Foreigner. That would be insanely, insanely awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by cageyJG View Post
    I was never one to not "necropost" due to some imaginary stigma. So: glad someone had covered this topic before.

On the flip side, there in fact was a discussion on others covering The Fixx. Electronic Tribute thread

But the main reason I'm here is to share my inspiration on the highway today, to ask if someone can get word to the band that they should do a cover of Jukebox Hero by Foreigner. That would be insanely, insanely awesome.
    I can not imagine that this will happen. I talked to Cy about covering songs one year ago and he said he does not like to play songs of other songwriters or bands.