Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, bust my buttons - a New Year's Eve show!

We want you there...

Hi all,

Swamped with work lately, but considering a trip out to Scottsdale for NYE with hubby (also a true Fixx fan) for the block party show. If we can swing it, we'd love to meet up with whoever is going!
    Alli

Awesome!!!! The more, the merrier!

Please, stop - I am crying now!!!

Jeanne (whine-whine) everyone is going but us (whine-whine) even WINGO!!!!!

SadPippi

WHOA'S ME...Sigh..(Or is that Cy????)

I have thrown my mercy upon the stars,begging for a miricle that somehow we will be magically picked up on a beuatiful flying carpet and wisked away to the show......to spend time with our fellow favorite Fixxtures and the band .. to bring in the promising New Year....it's a nice dream.. Let's keep hoping and praying and wishing (isn't that a song???) Pippi.... Jeanne

Well, it's official, we booked our flights and hotel last night. Hoping to meet up with you all there! (and hopefully it won't be a total zoo )

Pippi and Jeanne, sad you're not going...this time. There will be another!
    Alli

Lightbulb

Hey, Rob and I are bringing all 5 kids, ages 5-15...(in case anyone else is considering bringing theirs). They can hang out together.

My goodness Cygnet - are you driving or flying?? What a wonderful New Year's Eve you will have!! I want to see pictures of all of your kids on New Year's Eve!! I'll bet you two have made very beautiful children!!

Pippi

5 kids? Wow!

It sucks that the Block Party is 21 and over after 5 pm - the kids love The Fixx, too!

Glad to see allicat joining the fray - you'll find me at the Hampton Inn, where our new friend from New Zealand is staying. Good deal there, and it's close to the area!

Hey Debash,

I am psyched to meet ya! I'll be at the Hyatt in Scottsdale. Probably further from the block party than you will be. I'll be in touch...

Till later,
    Alli

Speaking of kids, I could use a shoulder to cry on right now...
    Yesterday we went to the beach to do a family shot for our cards and the 2 oldest girls refused to come within camera range. Came home with nothing! Tonight we went Christmas carolling. Only the oldest and youngest would cooperate. The others didn't want to go. I guess it's just the stress of the season. Think POSITIVE! LEAVE THE NEGS BEHIND!!!

Anyway... Scottsdale! We're driving...

You can cry on my shoulder, cygnet... believe me, I know how hard it is to get kids to cooperate and organized!!! I was a nanny to eight children(obviously, the Sound of Music had a profound effect on my life!!! HA! LOL! but I can't sing .. so I guess that automatically disqulifies me as a Truely GREAT nanny!! HA! LOL!) and I had 30 seconds to set the house alarm and get us all out of the house!!!I am sure you can guess how many times I set off the alarm!!!!!! MOSTLY.. becuase someone was goofing around or throwing a fit!!!!! So I can sympathize... Don't stress!!! It will be okay..BIG HUG TO YOU.."O" JEANNE

I wish I could be there to meet you all. Unfortunately, I'm hosting a house party that very night. Pretty sad, considering I'm only 30 minutes from the event! At least I saw them in Tucson a couple of weeks ago. You're all certainly invited to crash the party afterwards; I will give you my address, home phone, map, etc., if anyone is interested. I will understand if y'all just want to throw down at your local hotel rooms.

I was looking at the band line-ups, and I noticed that Chris Parker is slotted to perform before The Fixx. Please allow me to warn you about this particular act...hmmm, let's see, how do I put this.....THEY'RE HORRIBLE!! Ok, the actual name of the group is the Chris Parker Project. The "singer", Chris Parker, is a local DJ for the radio station whose name the stage bears. This guy's band opened for Tears For Fears last Saturday night, and it was excruciating, to say the least. It's basically a cover band playing crowd-pleasers (with some really bad song choices), and they really lower the bar for cover bands everywhere. SO, take the opportunity to load up on drinks and wander around; you won't be missing anything! If you want to watch him anyway, and form your own opinion, more power to you. This guy and his cronies just about turned the TFF show into a radio station circus, with guys in monkey suits lobbing frisbees and worthless crap into the crowd before TFF came out. Oh, they were just being a corporate radio station! And when will DJs understand that you don't have to YELL into a microphone?! Eegads!

Anyway, have fun at the show, and remember, if you're looking for a party after the show (free booze and food, eh), or even a place to crash, just contact me, and I will gladly accomodate you. I'm not exactly across the street from this event, but I'm not *too* far away, either. This offer is open to all Fixxtures who are travelling to see the show.

Cheers,
    Jim

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the advice

Generous offer to open your home! Perhaps we will stop by...you can email me privately with details.
    Alli

Hey thanks for the offer Jim.

I'm rolling into Scottsdale on the 29th and not leaving until the 2nd so no doubt may be able to hook up at some time.

Thought i may as well spend a few days in AZ and go have a look at that famous pot hole you guys have just up the road....

Cheers
    Pete

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast