Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, bust my buttons - a New Year's Eve show!

Wink New Year's

Hello, all....

Trying real hard to be at NYE show......now flights are impossibly sold out from Bay Area round trip. Is EVERYONE going to the Fixx or what??

I'm considering DRIVING there and back (744 miles each way). Just curious to see if anyone might want to join me on this "road trip". I am in the San Francisco bay area. Reply on this site....and, FIXXTURES only please! Could be loads of fun.....

Doctor Roger

Re: New Year's

Originally posted by Doctor Roger
    Hello, all....

Trying real hard to be at NYE show......now flights are impossibly sold out from Bay Area round trip. Is EVERYONE going to the Fixx or what??

I'm considering DRIVING there and back (744 miles each way). Just curious to see if anyone might want to join me on this "road trip". I am in the San Francisco bay area. Reply on this site....and, FIXXTURES only please! Could be loads of fun.....

Doctor Roger
    Hello Doctor, hope you can make it - doggone it - if I hadn't already bought tickets on SWA I'd love the road trip!

See you there!

wingo
    With mental wingo I'm nearly flying

Me, too, Doc! I have plane tix, or I'd be going along for the ride with you! Crossing my fingers you make the drive!

Unhappy I Wish I Was Going

Hello All,

Have a great time should be an excellent show. Hey Tenohtwo invite The Fixx over to your party after the gig.

Fixxation

Um...I just noticed on Pollstar that they have the boys playing a second night in Scottsdale. (Ed, can you confirm?) It's supposed to be New Year's Day (night) at a place called Anderson's Fifth Estate. Bonus for those of you going...

OH, LET IT BE TRUE

Re: I Wish I Was Going

Originally posted by Fixxation
    Hello All,

Have a great time should be an excellent show. Hey Tenohtwo invite The Fixx over to your party after the gig.

Fixxation
    I'm way ahead of you, pal.

Musegirl,

Thanks for the tip! I am too thrilled
    I will call the club later today and try to get more info.
    Alli

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THOSE GOING TO THE SHOW AT ANDERSON'S:

I spoke with Tom Anderson, who is the owner of Anderson's Fifth Estate, and he confirmed that The Fixx will be playing at the club at 8pm on Jan. 1. However, it is a private party limited to 250 people. Tom said that one needs to be on The Mix 96.9 email list in order to sign up. I told him about the fans on the Web who will surely want to go, and he said we can call him on his cell and make our reservations. You can give him your credit card info to lock in your spot. Please email me privately at aconner@aconner.com if you want to call him.

Woooo hoooo!
    Alli

Let's start thinking about a Fixxture gathering before the show on NYE!

I'm pretty sure we can count on The Fixx taking the stage fairly late that evening, so we'll have plenty of time to gather for food and drink beforehand. We have some folks who won't be arriving until later in the day, so meeting at 8 or 8:30 pm for dinner might give them time to settle in and join us. Then we'll have time to grab a drink or two and invade the main stage area in plenty of time to see our guys!

If you are coming to Scottsdale and would like to meet up, please contact me privately and let me know your contact info and your preferences about where to eat within the Block Party complex. There will be food vendors outside, but there are several restaurants inside. I'll see if there's any way to reserve a space for a larger group (I'm doubting that, so it may affect our timing a bit.)

Check the map on this site - click the restaurants to read more about them!

http://www.openairevents.com/

I've been to Dos Gringos quite a few times. It's a good place to hang out before a show. It's mostly an outdoor patio. Good place to down some tacos and beer.

Following up on my last post, the Acme Bar has a typical bar menu, but it seems a bit limited. The Upper Deck Sports Grill doesn't list its menu, but a review shows it to be similar - sliders, pizza and wings.

Dos Gringos has a more extensive menu of Mexican favorites, and the restaurant has a bar with its own menu. You can read them both my going to:

http://www.dosgringosaz.com/

Click the table for the restaurant menu and the heart for Sugar Daddy's menu.

Also, here's the Acme menu:

http://www.acmebar.com/Pages/menusection.html

Whoooo...Hoooo...just spoke with Tom Anderson and my tickets are booked for the private party.....CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

Pete, I'm so glad you're getting to see two shows. That'll be a nice saturation of the Fixx for you!

I've called twice, and got his voicemail both times.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast