Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: @ Fixxate: Welcome New Zealand

Talking @ Fixxate: Welcome New Zealand

Hello Fixxate!

Welcome on this message board. You are from New Zealand? WOW! I don't know if you are the first one from New Zealand signing here. But I think you are. Great!!!

Really would like to know if some Fixx-Records are availabe in New Zealand

Take care, Heimo
    Last edited by heimo; 11-22-2004 at 09:05 AM.

Welcome to the board, fixxate!!!! How are things down under??? Jeanne

Welcome to the board Fixxate! Nice to see there are fixxtures all over the world!

Welcome!

Hi People and thanks for the warm welcome.
    I have been an total Fixx fan ever since i brought my first album (shuttered room) and i still love it.
    The later Fixx albums dont seem as readly avalible here as the earlier ones, but i usually just buy them online from overseas anyway.

Regards to all
    Peter

Re: @ Fixxate: Welcome New Zealand

Originally posted by heimo
    Hello Fixxate!

Welcome on this message board. You are from New Zealand? WOW! I don't know if you are the first one from New Zealand signing here. But I think you are. Great!!!

Really would like to know if some Fixx-Records are availabe in New Zealand

Take care, Heimo
    Well, I'd like to claim the distinction of being the first Kiwi in here! I've been wandering through these pages since March 2002.

G'day Peter, nice to see another 'local' in here, mate!

Heimo: The Fixx were quite popular out here when they first appeared on the scene; most of my school friends had their albums. Their popularity lasted up until the release of the Walkabout album in 1986, but certainly, Reach The Beach and Phantoms were very popular.

I've continued to collect The Fixx catalogue and have everything on CD up to and including Want That Life. I still think Happy Landings (1997) is the best material they've recorded. It is a great shame the album was never released.

All the best...

Thank you for posting, Rodney. It is good to hear that there are some fixxtures on the other side of the world.

Take care and stay tuned,
    heimo

Me too

Gudday, Rodney and Fixxate

Just a reminder that i too am devout citizen of the land of the long white cloud.

Great that more of us are appearing. I'm off to Orlando next year for a Holiday and I'm praying that the stars align and The Fixx are playing nearby.

An just off the Topic...Rodney have you read Midge Ure's AutoBio yet..I've just finished quite a interestings read

Cheers

Wayne

Wow, getting to be a few of us here now...
    I am spending a month in California starting on 23rd December to visit with my girlfriend who i have not seen for over 2 years, but if the Fixx are playing at Scottsdale, then i'm heading there too....Oh i can't see her being too impressed...shes not a Fixx fan.....

"It's a hard road to find the perfect women boy"

Cheers
    Peter

Wayne: is that you, Mr. Tuffy?

Yes, I got Midge's autobiography (an autographed limited edition copy) and I concur, it is a very interesting story. It's an intriguing life that these rock 'n' rollers live, eh?

Peter: Christchurch, eh? Another Mainlander...that's pretty close to home! I had a mate living in Christchurch and his girlfriend/wife couldn't stand The Fixx either. Grounds for divorce in my book...

"Good on ya, mate!"

Enjoy your trips to the States, guys!

Regards,

Rod.

P.S: I'm still first and foremost (and always will be) an Ultravox fan. It was very interesting to read that Rupert sites Billy Currie as an influence... woo-hoooo!!

Rodney: Indeed It is I "Tuffy" I to got one of thise limited edition babies...very nice! I have also just finished reading The Depeche Mode Autobiography - Stripped by Johnathon Miller these are both great reminders of what a great time the early eighties was and the achievements of these guys and the quality of music they delivered given the technology.

Peter: You have obviously been drinking plenty of the speights brew to pass the time you are right its certainly a long time for the perfect woman...I hope its a case of time and distance making the heart grow fonder....go you good thing!

Maybe if we can find a few more like us we can convince the Fixx down to Godzone for a concert for us.

Cheers

Wayne

Talking

The Fixx here...that would be too good to be true...maybe we could convince Ultravox and Depeche Mode to join them as well, they are also two of my all time favorite groups.

Peter - I thought i was a rare commodity the only 3 bands I have the entire collections of are The Fixx, Depeche Mode and Ultravox. If you were a woman I might fall in love ;-)

I like your idea unfortunately I think there no show of Ultravox reforming but Depeche Mode are getting back together next month to work on a new album so thats great news.

Hi Wayne and Peter: Sorry for being the odd one out, but I could never get into Depeche Mode. I have got the two singles compilations and a copy of Ultra, plus one of the CD singles of It's No Good because that's the track I like the most, but the drum programming is pretty bland after having listened to Warren Cann's work for over twenty years.

No, Ultravox will never reform and I suspect the only way I'm ever going to see The Fixx is to make a visit to the States or Canada. Then again, who would've thought Kraftwerk would come to New Zealand. I even 'bumped' into Florian Schneider in Queen Street (Auckland).

Surely, the boys in The Fixx would love a visit to New Zealand though?

Cheers, guys...

By the way: Does anyone of you can tell me if there is some new stuff from "Betchadupa" after "The ALPHABETCHADUPA"? Until know I collected everything from them. But you can not get their records in Europe. So I always need some help...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast