Thread: Sad Days

Unhappy Sad Days

Hi everyone, my Mom passed away last week and I was hoping some fixxtures might be able to share how they would cope with the loss of a parent. I know some music can soothe the spirit too. Any suggestions? Thanks All, Kat

Smile

Hi Kat,

Sorry to hear about your mother. As far as grieving for a loss of a parent, I have never been in that situation yet. I do know that everyone has their own ways of grieving and time is the only thing that can really heal. From other experience, at least in my case, being alone for long periods at this time in your life is not good. It's also very healing to talk about what your feeling to friends or family. In death situations, my family would always get together and tell happy and funny stories about the deceased, or look at pictures. Basically just remembering the good things and happy memories helps. Oh yeah, it's also ok to cry...it always made me feel better. Anyways, good music listening....I guess it's just a matter of preference. What kind of music makes you feel good is the question. Again, sorry to hear the news. I hope I have been at least somewhat helpful. But honestly, I can give you advice all day and not heed it myself. That I don't know yet because like I said before, I haven't been in that situation yet. Your beliefs also have a big part in your healing process. Me, I believe in a better place after this life, so I would think that your parent has peace now. I wish I could be more helpful. Again, sorry to hear the news. Best wishes Kat.

Love,
    Erin

Smile

Hi Kat,
    Loosing someone you beloved, is sad. Especially loosing your mom. I know... and more ppl do. Treasure the good memories! And eventually pass them...

I remember when my mom was very ill (cancer). We lived in seperate countries and I visited her when she was so ill. When she suddenly died I didn't have the money anymore (just spend it visiting her) to come over to the funeral.

Took me quite sometime to get over it...

Smile

Thanks to those who have taken the time to give advice, I appreciate it. I check in every day and it's good to know you are all here. Guido, sorry about your Mom too. I remember when the band were in Orlando Cy dedicated Happy Landings to his Mom, for some reason that keeps coming back to me...

Unhappy

It is very sad that when someone that we love moves on to the other side. But, also keep in mind that to them it's a new beginning! I know that no words can really heal your sorrow. You can only find the peace from within. My thoughts & prayers are with you. I do not know what it is like to lose a parent, but I do know how it is to lose a loved one. Take care!
    Love,
    Tracy

Smile

Itizuki, you are one of the Fixxtures I can relate to the most (sometimes we answer questions alike), so I was sad when I heard your news.

I'm no good with advice, so I won't offer any on coping with grief, except for the song you were asking for. Anything your Mom loved would be a nice comemmorative, unless it is a sad song. I'm glad checking the message board made you feel better; we are like a family here that cares about each other, even if we are faceless.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Smile

Just wanted to let you know that things are getting better, still checking in and reading all the notes on the board. The only thing is it seems like Mom has been gone so long now and she hasn't. Note to Phantom Spirit - thank you for sharing your similar views... I read over some of our posts and we do seem to relate. Was going to e-mail you but there was no address in your profile. Take Care! Kat