Thread: duran duran

Talking duran duran

OK.. I (actually Jen) noticed that this board has a lot of Duranies on here too. For any one who is interested, Duran Duran is in the process of reuniting w/all original members. Yep, that is right! Bye bye Warren! Hello again to John, Andy, & Roger! This is all suppose to take place in the year 2002. They will put out a new CD first, then set on a world tour. For more info log on to www.duranduran.com

Just thought I would inform you guys! Actually Jen is the one who suggested that I post it on here too!

OK. Bye now!
    Tracy

Thumbs up

Wow! That's very cool news! Duran was never the same after Roger and Andy left. Should be fun hearing what they come up with!

Thanks for the news update!

jeff

Smile

I agree! That is wicked cool. A tour with the Fixx in the Summer of 2002 would be even better

What is the chance for something like that?

Cool

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!! E

I'm happy as a clam John is back (I'm a huge JT fan), but I will dearly miss Warren. I had the pleasure of meeting him in January & he was just the greatest.

Duran is currently working on overdubs over in the UK. Well, Simon, Nick, Andy & Roger are. John's presence isn't needed at this time, so he'll be back in LA for the rest of the summer to spend time with his family.

But... Missing Persons is back together as well. Warren got Dale & Terry Bozio back for some shows next week in LA. Original bassist Patrick O'Hern was going to take part, but he backed out & Duran's now former touring bassist Wes Wehmiller (who is a kick-a$$ bassist) will be filling in. I wish I could go, but I'll hear all about it as several of my friends will be there.

If you ever want to check out the latest on Duran, check out www.duranduran.com or www.lizardkingduran.com and click on the message boards link.

Ya I'm big on Duran Duran as well.

Found this newsflash on the bands site this morning....

"EMI are currently working on a box set of the band's early singles reproduced faithfully on CD as they were released on vinyl. We do not have an expected release date as of this time."

I'll be keeping an eye out for that one,
    Octo

Hate to say it but we'll probably be screwed over with the box set like were were this month with the remastered Rio. Word had it Nick was personally overseeing it to make sure the correct mixes of the songs got on (the longer, better David Kershenbaum mixes...the ones on the US release). We ended up with the same CD we already had, which is the UK release, with the tracks "cleaned up". Many are not happy about this. I still have to pull out my vinyl or play my warped cassette to hear the "good" versions.

Only cool thing on the new Rio is the extras which is a photo gallery & the videos for Hungry Like the Wolf, Rio & Save a Prayer.

What I'd rather see is all the old videos re-released on DVD... Sing Blue Silver, the 1st 11 videos... even Arena!