Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goals for 2005

Goals for 2005

Lets start throwin some ideas around....

Some one want to start us off?

to shout from the rooftops of every major city.... how wonderful the Fixx is... as a band, as musicians and as people....

Well.. it sounded good to me!!!!!!

How about contacting local radio stations, when the Fixx is in town and see if the D.j. will give a "plug" for the show ??????

that sounds great... SO this is our first goal, nemore????

How about starting a tapers/trader forum? For those of us that just can't get enough of the Fixx, trading copies of live recordings with other message board members would be a great way to spread the music.

I don't know what the band's thoughts are on allowing taping of their shows (they were at least fine with it at the show last month), but you can get some pretty incredible sounding audience recordings with the technology that is available today.

I am a member of a similar group for Rush (thus my user name), and they are the most organized group of tapers/traders that I have ever seen. Every concert gets taped, and some of the recordings are available to all that want copies within hours of the show. As a result of this organization, I now have copies of close to 700 Rush concerts (compared to about 10 of the Fixx...although actively searching for more).

Are there many members here that are interested in collecting live recordings of the Fixx? Any thoughts?

-Chris

I'm sure you could use How Much is Enough for that - looks like it was set up for trading and finding rarities, etc.

As for 2005 goals for the street team, let me think on it a bit, Clive...no time to type right now, but we'll get together a plan that works! Thanks, buddy!

that sounds great... SO this is our first goal, nemore????

Shouting from the roof tops OR contacting local Dj's .. Which one, Clive??????? OR BOTH?????

I say both....

How about . . .

Advertise The FIXX in every way possible!! Let everyone know just how great these guys still are!!!! I always keep a fresh "theFIXX.com" bumpersticker on my car. I make my own & they are "water-resistant" so they fade & need to be replaced every few months. I made some extras for Scottsdale but unfortunately, consuming mass quantities of alcohol made me forget them in the car!!! (bad pippi)

The one you gave me, Pippi..is proudly displayed on my Neon!!! Thanks again!!!

I like the idea of going house to house and puttin buisness cards about the fixx in their doors :P

Lightbulb interesting stuff here

I'd love to be a part of this...I'm a designer/photographer/marketer...how can I help? Design vinyl stickers? Design e-newletters? Collaborate with some great Fixxtures? I'm here and armed with a fast net connection, a killer digital camera and the Adobe CS package and lots of print/web/design/photo/etc... connections if needed. I may not know you guys in person...but i sher do luv ya anyway. How much IS enough?? ~jamie

OOO000oooo Adobe CS eh? very powerful program.......

it is nice... but it's what I do...have to have the industry standards (for design for print anyway). i need to do some fun stuff again...I'm doing freelance work for an engineering firm and it's killing me...boooooooooooooooooooooooring.

Goals for 2005

Find a new life.
    Find a new occupation,
    Find a new City, preferably the WEST COAST
    Buy all FIXX CD's
    Keep being lighthearted...........
    johninpittsburgh

I've mentioned the band on another music forum that I frequent, and even had a couple photos to go with it too.
    I am the winner in any event.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast