Thread: Gentleman... We have contact!!!!

Gentleman... We have contact!!!!

Just wanted to share this ...maybe this should go under 2005 goals!!!!

On Saturday, I was milling about Minnetonka, and happened to find a small Cd Warehouse store. I stopped in, on the mere chance of finding some Fixx cd's. They had INk at a very good bargin price and I decided to purchase it! ( One I didn't have) The guy behind the counter said to me " the Fixx.. that is one that doesn't come across the counter every day. They were a good band."
    I replied " They still are!!! You should check out there latest Cd ' Want that Life'... It is like nothing they have ever done."
    He said " They are still together and recording??"
    "And Touring." I added
    "You're kidding?"
    I assured him I was not and then he asked if they had played Minnesota recently. So I informed him of the Taste of Minnesota, the Walker show and the previous Fine Line shows. Then I added " In fact, I have recently just joined the "Street team".. A group of dedicated Fixx fans, who take it upon themselves to "spread the word" when the Fixx is town. Would you mind, when the band is in town, if I drop off a few flyers."
    And he said " Absolutley.. That would be Great!! "
    I walked out of there thinking.."Well... That was Easy!!! "
    So .. I am thinking maybe we should add this to our 2005 goals.. walking into local record shops and asking if we can post a flyer!!!

Great job Jeanne... Ill jot that one down as wel

OKay.. I have to say this is really just as easy as opening your mouth!!! In the past week, I have managed to score two other places that are willing to let me bring in flyers... Cheapo's .. a record store chain ( 6 stores in the Minneapolis area ) and believe it or not .. my local Kinkco's.. I was there doing some Fixx Stuff for Ed and the guy helping me said .. " the Fixx, huh?" Well, there is the lead in...and one thing lead to another!!!!!
    So After the Cheapo thing.. I opened up my Yellow pages and Talked to several Cd and Vintage Record shops that all said YES!!! Bring in a flyer and we will post it !!! SO VERY COOL!!!

You GO girl!! Good thinking . . . . perhaps we should all be doing just this . . .

Thanks, Pippi and I agree!!!! There seems to be a great deal of interest out there!!!

OKAY... I swear this is so easy.... I Just picked up Mayfly at Barnes and Nobel ... started talking to the head of the music dept and he said I could bring a flyer in and post it there!!!! Yeah!!! Now If I could just make a career out of talking about my 5 fav's all day... It would be perfect!!!! not that it isn't all ready!!!!

Well done Jeanne! I'd be happy to do something over in London before they play their next gig over here. There are a few big music stores on Oxford street, that do sell Fixx CD's, those would be the placed I'd target.

THAT WOULD BE GREAT, ALANNAH!!!

Really.. I am surprised at the general interest and the willingness to let us support the guys... Like I said it is as easy as opening your mouth...and just spilling it out!!!

We all want our favourite band to do well so I think that's why so many of us are willing to help out in any way we can

Contacted the local 80's station... they asked me to send a flyer!!!! WHOO HOOO!!!!

You GO girl!!

Ran around all night after work and posted flyers!!!! I have to say...out of all the flyer I have seen... ours are the Nicest!!! A lot of thought goes into ours and they REALLY stand out!!!!! So... Thanks to all the TALENT on this board!!!!! You are all terrific... graphic artist and NON graphic artist alike!!!!!

WELL... the flyer is really working here in MINNESOTA!!! ( thanks Bash!! ) I got home from San Fransico and had a message from the asst. program director that they had received the flyer and letter I sent and made a radio promo for the show!!!!!!!!!!! YIPEE YAHOO AND YEAH!!!!!!!!
    I got in my car the next morning and flipped on the radio and it was on.. and it was GREAT!!!!!