Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last record or CD you bought?

The last DVD's I bought were 'Saga's Silhouettes' and 'Slade in Flame'

last cd was King's X, 'Black Like Sunday'. Not exactly in the same vein as 'The Fixx', but great fun.
    Got a chance to see both bands in August and September, too

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    The Pooh Sticks - Million Seller.
    Been trying to find for ages, succeeded this week.
    Kitsch, Americana, Bubblegum pop with a Welsh tinge.
    Weird but wonderful.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Talking The Last Cds I Bought

I purchased Geoff Tate's selftitled (he is the lead singer of Queensryche), Queensryche's Greatest Hits, and also their Live:Evolution as well as Aaliyah's I Care 4 U, and The Fixx's Millenium Collection. I think I have worn the tracks off of that one! But I listen to them as much as I listen to Queensryche, so that means now I have to get a tattoo that says The Fixx since I already have Queensryche's tri-ryche! Anyone got any really good pictures of their name so I can get it done?

hey precious... I enjoy Queensryche as well. don't have any tattoos but I did sing Silent Lucidity a few weeks back in a karaoke bar. welcome to the board!
    "You NO Me" - Kat

Yes, I have been known to do some karaoke myself. My favorite to do is "Open Arms" by Journey. I have yet to do "Silent Lucidity", but one I would really like to try is "Chasing Blue Sky" from their Greatest cd. You know their new one is due out on the 22nd, so I am going to find that one quick! "Tribe" is the name of that one, so be on the lookout!

Have you heard Geoff's solo effort yet?

Queensryche

I used to be bitter about Queensryche. You see I lost a bet over Silent Lucidity. When it hit the airwaves I was so sure it was a new Pink Floyd tune that I bet a buddy of mine $50 that it was from a soon to be released Pink Floyd album.

Needless to say, I had to pay up.

I really enjoy their 1990 and 1997 albums. Those are the only two I have at this point.

Those of you who dig Queensryche might check Green Vinyl Dream.

Green Vinyl Dream are rising stars currently touring with Pat Benetar and Niel Giraldo.

Very Queensryche.
    Very Journey

Very talented.
    Check 'em out at...

http://www.greenvinyldream.com/home.htm

Talking Sweet!

I have everything they ever put out- here's a list to build from:

Self titled debut Queensryche
    The Warning
    Rage for Order
    Operation:Mindcrime
    Empire
    Operation:Livecrime
    Promised Land
    Hear in the Now Frontier
    Q2K
    Crown Jewels
    Greatest Hits
    Live:Evolution
    and the upcoming Tribe
    as well as three soundtracks:
    History of Western Civilization 2 (directed by Penelope Spheeris)
    The Adventures of Ford Fairlane ("Last Time In Paris")
    Last Action Hero ("Real World")

There are only three of those I don't own yet, including the new release. You should really check out their Greatest, because at first I thought "Silent Lucidity" was the best. . . and then I heard "Chasing Blue Sky", which was recorded during the sessions for Hear in the Now Frontier. It actually reminds me of the Fixx now that I think about it!

Talking Re: Queensryche

"Chasing Blue Sky" can be found on their Greatest collection as well as a full band version of "Someone Else". It is really worth listening to, and Queensryche has worked with Lisa Dalbello as well. I know she has worked with The Fixx; they recorded "Gonna Get Close To You" in 1986 on Rage For Order. That is another track I recommend because of its haunting imagery. You can see it on Building Empire, their DVD/VHS release. Mindcrime and Livecrime are both available on VHS, but you can find a limited edition version of it on VHS (livecrime) that is also available as a DVD. You will enjoy it immensely!

"Bare" by Annie Lennox--excellent.

Originally posted by Char
    "Bare" by Annie Lennox--excellent.
    I have long been a fan of hers, so I will definitely check that one out. Thankz!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Originally posted by SilentGeoff
    Rain,
    You will not be disappointed with the Zep DVD. It's worth it just for the Knebworth show but it includes so much more.

Geoff
    OH! Yes, you are SOOOO right! It is AWESOME! And I haven't even watched all of it yet!! *faint*

Glad to have helped out....Rain

Originally posted by Rain
    OH! Yes, you are SOOOO right! It is AWESOME! And I haven't even watched all of it yet!! *faint*
    This is why I enjoyed being a radio D.J. for years.....love when I can get the music to people....

fishnoises Guest
    I bought the new Six Pence, Mercy me and Third Day albums all at once. (I love Amazon.com!!!!!!)

You know how crazy you feel when you hear a certain song, and it's like they play it everywhere, and when you find out what it is, you feel totally retarded? That is the feeling I had when I found out the name to this song "How Soon Is Now" by The Smiths. They played it on The Faculty, The Craft, and a few more other movies (don't quote me on this, but I think it was on "Heathers" as well) and "Blood and Roses" (the name of the artists escape me right now- I'm having another bonehead moment) that was featured in a film called Dangerously Close. Has anyone seen this movie, and please tell me about it! I love that song!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Are you perhaps thinking of the Smithereens? I haven't seen the movie, but the Smithereens had several hits, "Blood & Roses" being a predominant one.

Blood & Roses

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast