Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last record or CD you bought?

See, I am feeling retarded right now! I got "A Girl Like You" floating around on one of my compilation cds. . . see what I mean?

ROFMLMFAO!!!!!!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Re: Re: Queensryche

Originally posted by preciousstone75
    "Chasing Blue Sky" can be found on their Greatest collection
    Ok, my Queensryche Greatest Hits CD finally showed up. I see what you are talking about with Chasing Blue Sky. What a soulful and well crafted tune. It's certain to wind up on one o my compilers.

Thanks for the recommendation.

That has to be one of the most played tracks on that cd. . . it just transports you to another place, like "someone else" from promised land (they were recorded around the same time).......
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

NOT FAR FROM THE TREE

Of course,

1) WANT THIS LIFE
    2) HAPPY LANDINGS/LOST TRACKS
    3) A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD - COLDPLAY
    "I'LL BARE ONE PRECIOUS SCAR...."

My most recent album that i have bought would have to be the new limp bizkit album Results May Vary.. It is alot better than any of there other work. and Behind Bleu Eyes is on it if anyone has heard that song before...

Clive

Re: NOT FAR FROM THE TREE

Originally posted by rohub
    Of course,

1) WANT THIS LIFE
    2) HAPPY LANDINGS/LOST TRACKS
    3) A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD - COLDPLAY

The Coldplay CD is an excellent choice. I really love the lyrics that Chris Martin comes up with. That whole set is great. I especially like "Amsterdam" & "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face". As for the Fixx CDs well it goes without saying that I like both of them....since we are here on the board and all.
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

I have to agree the coldplay albums are impresive.... I am happy to see a group like them, that is not like rap or really heavy music, to hit MTV and all the music stations the way that they hav. they are a great group an hope to hear from more of them in the future...

Clive

Last edited by Clive3; 01-22-2004 at 10:30 AM.

Barenaked Ladies "Everything to Everyone"...also burned the live CD from their site. One of the better live bands out there; the only one (other than The Fixx, of course) that I travel anywhere to see.

Originally posted by mitraria
    Anyone cross over to Country? I think the Dixie Chicks "Home" is excellent... Beautiful album. Don't let the recent press about the Chicks turn you away. (hey, it even won a Grammy).
    The problem with the Dixie Chicks was NEVER their talent or ability to put good music together.

The problem with the ladies happens to be their fair-weather patriotism and intellectual dishonesty. To quote a book cover, they should just "shut up and sing."

As it is now, I found plenty of other places to spend my money on. A Greatest Hits Fixx CD is at the top of my list.
    "We should really make a copy of your brain pattern at some point." -- Number Six (Battlestar Galactica - 2003)

B side the C side in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, UK
    Trisha Yearwood, she's my No1 country babe, been a big fan since 1991 when Bob Harries used to play here on his UK Radio 1 late night show, that guy played some immense stuff, including the Fixx, Dan Reed Network, Jeff Healey amongst others.
    Trisha Yearwood, she tours here so seldom, caught her at Birmingham in 2001, favourite track if I had to choose would be Real Live Woman.
    Stuart at the Welsh Connection

Wow. I got quoted. People really do read what you post. I recently discovered that a Yahoo search results in some of my posts. Good reason to be careful what one writes. The whole world is watching.

The last albums I bought were life for rent by Dido and Sacred Love by Sting. I usually don't buy pop albums, but what the heck, they were on sale. Dido was OK for a while, but I stopped listening. I'm with tenohtwo on Sting. (see "Fixx poster in Propaganda picture" thread). Mercury Falling took a while to get to like. Sting's last two albums stay on the shelf.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy

I just had to replace my copy of "Viva Hate" by Morrissey, so that was the last one I bought. Ironically, the next CD I buy will be his new album, "You Are The Quarry", which comes out in May. I heard the new single, and it's very cool. Reminiscent of "Your Arsenal"

Spent $16.00 on an Indigo Girls album called All That We Let In. But it comes with a 25 minute video DVD to lessen the wallet shock. I learned of it while listening to a contemporary adult alternative radio station from Madison, WI.

Just saw the DVD. Very nice acoustic portion of a recent concert in New York. (Dec 2003).

Just got the Fixx King Biscuit CD - can't wait to listen, and also Owsley's "The Hard Way".

Elemental, 1011 Woodlands., and happy Landings and lost tracks are now on their way from Amazon. Filing in my Fixx collection! Wheeeee!

Smile Saga and The Fixx

Hello All,

I bought The Fixx CD Stages One and I am currently blasting Saga's DVD All Areas.

For those of you that have not heard of Saga, you should read some of the threads people have posted. They have some great songs like Don't Be Late, No Regrets, Wind Him Up, Humble Stance and many, many more.

Fixxation

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast