Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last record or CD you bought?

It's all about the music...what are the last few disks you bought?

For me, Christmas filled up my CD rack...I have no room left! Of course, we do tend to buy a lot of music.

I received The Killers, U2 (latest), Duran Duran (latest), The Cure (Three Imaginary Boys 2 disk set). I bought my husband the 24-Hour Party People soundtrack and Joy Division - Closer to the Unknown. He recently came home with the Best of the BeeGees. Other recent purchases? Hmm... Death to the Pixies may be the most recent.

Truth Be Told (self titled) - Here is a great indie band that opened for the Fixx in Santa Barbara in March of 2004. Only $6.98 at http://www.projekt.com/

Collective Soul - Youth Pretty good even with a new lead guitarist. As good as Hints and Disciplined Breakdown.

The Music - Welcome To The North Our very own The Optimist (where has he been anyway?) turned me on to these guys. Again, this was only $7.99 at Best Buy - the right price for any music CD.

Evanescence - Anywhere But Home This puppy came as a two disc set. The other disc is a full length DVD with the concert footage Live In Paris and all of the Evanescence music videos. There may be interviews too, I'm not done scoping it out yet.

Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk Not normally into this kind of music but Black Eyed Peas does their genre justice with good uplifting lyrics. They're rap but they take a stand against gangsta rap.

Also bought a couple old titles that I'll not bore you with.
    Last edited by Steve Pariseau; 01-10-2005 at 08:22 PM.

It's always a Mixture of old and new stuff:

the quite actuell ones:

The Music - Welcome to the north
    Delays - Faded Seaside Glamour
    Interpol - Antics
    Velvet Revolver - Contraband

older stuff:

David Sylvian - Everything and nothing
    The Stone Roses - Second coming

and for my evil twin:

Kyuss - Welcome to sky valley
    Life of Agony - Ugly

Not much new on my shoppling list: -

Queen - On Fire:Live At The Bowl (a recording of my very first gig )

Maroon 5 - Songs From Jane (there's just something about these tunes, that gets in my brain)

Nightwish - Songs From The Elvenpath (definitely NOT Fixx-ish)

Ladies and Gentlemen. . . the Best of George Michael

Patience- George Michael

Moondance- Van Morrison

Best of Bowie

This Is Not a Test- Missy Elliot

Love Hurts- Jon B

and when I get to the store tonight I plan on having Cowboys from Hell- Pantera as well as that elusive 20th Century Masters video compilation of The Fixx. . . I see it one day, and it's gone the next! I am damned near ready to order it. . .
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Lessee... last ones I bought were

Daryl Hall Live in Philadelphia 2004

Everyone Is Here - The Finn Brothers

Our Kind of Soul - Daryl Hall & John Oates (this is a great cd of soul covers... if you're into Marvin, Al Green et al, you'll love this one)

The Incomplete Glenn Tilbrook - Glenn Tilbrook (I had this one already, but I found the UK version that has a bonus acoustic cd)

I think those are all I've bought recently. I haven't been in much of a shopping mood since Christmas! I haven't even opened up the Daryl cd yet... and I've had it nearly a month...

thanks to ebay...

i'm the proud owner of 101 Live Letters (LP) and a couple of Fixx disks. ...hmm...as I sit here listening to Killing Joke I smile and think of how far we've come since the lovely 80's. I do wish everything would come on vinyl sometimes...sick obsession with the crackling and static. It's romantic. what to hunt down next??

Please recommend a good starting point with Killing Joke - I know one song only by them (Love Like Blood), and want to hear more. Thanks!
    Bash,
    Co-Founder, B.A.A.S.
    Born Again Atheists Society

Originally posted by Rain
    Lessee... last ones I bought were

Daryl Hall Live in Philadelphia 2004

Everyone Is Here - The Finn Brothers

Our Kind of Soul - Daryl Hall & John Oates (this is a great cd of soul covers... if you're into Marvin, Al Green et al, you'll love this one)

The Incomplete Glenn Tilbrook - Glenn Tilbrook (I had this one already, but I found the UK version that has a bonus acoustic cd)

I think those are all I've bought recently. I haven't been in much of a shopping mood since Christmas! I haven't even opened up the Daryl cd yet... and I've had it nearly a month...
    Have you got Glenn Tilbrook's 'Transatlantic Ping-Pong'? I don't find the songs as catchy, but Glenn's music is always interesting and worth the effort to stick with.

Originally posted by deBASHmode
    Please recommend a good starting point with Killing Joke - I know one song only by them (Love Like Blood), and want to hear more. Thanks!
    Hey Bash...

Well, Killing Joke sings the ever popular "Living in the 80's"...so I'd say the album "Night Time" is a good place to start. A second choice would be "Laugh? I Nearly Bought One." There's some great remixes of Love Like Blood and 80's out there too...fun stuff! I listen to them a lot when I'm buried in my office.

Originally posted by Wilkie UK
    Have you got Glenn Tilbrook's 'Transatlantic Ping-Pong'? I don't find the songs as catchy, but Glenn's music is always interesting and worth the effort to stick with.
    YES OF COURSE! I bought it the day it came out, which, coincidentally was the same day as Glenn's concert in Atlanta and I promptly had him sign it after the show! http://www.nesiesnetescape.com/glennme.jpg
    I do like a lot of the songs on TAPP, but I think I do like TIGT better.

I'm also in the midst of reading the Squeeze: Song By Song book.

There is talk of Glenn releasing a 4-cd set of demos of his... at first for release in January, now I think it's pushed back to February... we'll see...
    Last edited by Rain; 01-14-2005 at 08:55 AM.

I recently got the first two albums by magazine "real life" and "secondhand daylight." I had the live album "play" on vinyl for ages and i thought i'd have a go at the first two. They were better than i thought and i am happy. John McGeoch was a member of the the group and went on to be in siouxsie and banshees and public image limited. He was an influential underated guitarist whose talent will be missed in this world.

Hey Fluxus,
    I'm a killing joke fan too. I like "Extremities, Dirt & Various Repressed Emotions" album quite a lot as well as the laugh comp.
    Geordie Walker is another completely underated guitarist that i enjoy listening to.

fresh music

Linkin Park- Hybrid Theory

Linkin Park- Meteora

Jay-Z and Linkin Park- Collision Course

I am so into these dudes now. . . Mike Shinoda is the shizznit! He can spit lyrics better than any MC I've heard lately!

and he IS kinda cute!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Actually . . .

i just bought Elemental & 1011 Woodland

you're in for a treat, Pippi! Happy listening!
    Bash,
    Co-Founder, B.A.A.S.
    Born Again Atheists Society

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast