Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A New SoCal Date

Originally posted by wingo395
    Maybe we should try to go here for dinner (sadly, no lunch is served): http://www.hitchingpostwines.com

I'm sure Steve knows of some awesome places to enjoy this style of BBQ!

wingo
    Regarding Santa Maria style BBQs...On weekends one needs only a drive down Broadway to find numerous (about every mile or so) SM BBQs in progress. These PROs get their fires started around 8 am or so and cook all day for anyone who pulls over and orders up a meal. They literally park their mobile Santa Maria style BBQ pits in a parking lot of say a grocery store or drug store and get started early. This is an SM tradition so businesses wouldn't think of complaining about this. And Oh, the smell of BBQ down Broadway on the weekend is simply irresistable.

Regarding The Hitching Post... They are pretty famous. Famous before Sideways and now its even worse. The food is OUTSTANDING and they have award winning wine that they vint themselves. I eat there at least once a year, in fact, I'm due for a visit ASAP. They cook their food over open flame from red oak (like an SM style BBQ) except its done indoors. Scrumptious to say the least.

Originally posted by Alannah86
    Steve, I am coming along to Malibu too!
    Ah, then we'll pick the pair of you up.
    Heck, I can seat 5 comfortably - or 7 if two of them are short.

Thanks Steve! I am rather short anyway, plus I've lost over 35 lbs so I don't take up much room now LOL!

HELP !

Hi, Fixxtures!

PLEASE update me on the tour dates.....I see the SF Red Devil show, and Vise Grip's place, but you are all talking about L.A. and Malibu? I can't seem to find the real dates....site is not updated yet, (DAMN IT, ED ! ) so PLEASE tell me the dates you are all planning, so that I may be part of this tour. I LOVE L.A. and Malibu area, and you know how I feel about The Fixx (smiling), Wingo, Bash, and all the rest!

Pending my schedule (FINALLY some monster big jobs have come my way, including the new San Jose City Hall !), I'll try to be at these shows with my buddy Dennis. I went to see Gene Loves Jezebel last week, and Michael Aston (lead singer) BEGGED me to tell Cy that they would LOVE to open for the Fixx on this tour.....Wouldn't THAT be peachy? Ed, are you reading this? So c'mon Wingo, Bash....let loose with those dates! I look forward to seeing you all again and again.......Much Love....

Your Dr. Roger

I'M SHAKING !!!!

WOW !!!

I just scrolled back a few posts and saw that The Fixx is playing at AVALON in Santa Clara !!! OMG !! That is 15 minutes from my house ! Since my birthday is March 1st, this will shape up to be best March in recent memory ! WOW...Avalon...nice venue, great bar! And, a BIG dance floor.......hear that Bash? CAN'T WAIT !!!
    I hope to see all the Fixxtures at Avalon !!

Someone PLEASE post the dates.........from L.A. to Oregon! Thanks,

Dr. Roger

You've pretty much got the dates as they're known, Dr. Roger! Ed's working really hard to get them from the agency, and the agency is firming up a few more shows on the schedule before THEY will release the dates, so it'll just take a little more time...of course, a bunch of us are heading to Malibu, and if it's here in the bay area, you KNOW we'll all be there!

Did you say dance floor? Bash can't dance her way out of a paper bag, but can never resist trying, anyway...

Dr. Roger, come to the Malibu show March 5. We'll make it your birthday party!
    Bash,
    Co-Founder, B.A.A.S.
    Born Again Atheists Society

did I mention my name change??

MalibuMidge617

LOL!!! PIPPI... Jeanne

Don't mean to be a party pooper but I may not be making any of these shows, except maybe 19 Broadway. I need to watch my spending, unfortunately...and shows do start to add up at $18-20 a pop. And right now I'm already stated to go to other shows on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th.

I've been to the Avalon in Santa Clara. I quite like it.
    Last edited by Noreen; 02-09-2005 at 01:58 AM.

Happy Happy Joy Joy !!

Thanks, Bash for the tip on the dates! Now, this makes my year complete! I can't believe that the guys are actually doing 4 gigs within one hour of me ! I'm looking forward to seeing you all here in the Bay Area, in Redwood City, Fairfax, Santa Clara, SF, etc. Thanks, Ed for your hustle in posting the dates. You really are da shizzle!

Those of you who may be flying in for these shows.....let us locals know if you need a ride from the airport, local info, etc. I'd like to put together a group of hotel rooms for the period of March 6th through the 11th, for Fixxtures and perhaps the band to stay at, seeing as these venues are all within 1 hour or so from each other. Perhaps we can get them "out of the bus" for a few days and enjoy the party that we know will be there....heehee ..Your thoughts, Bash, Wingo, etc? Sure beats driving after the shows.

Noreen, if you can make it to the Avalon, please allow my buddy Dennis and I to buy your ticket for you. I know how the finance thing goes, and it will be my pleasure to buy your ticket. I'll be waiting for you there. I won't allow a thing like 20 bucks stop you (A true fan) from seeing them this time around! You can owe me a drink down the road.

I'd also LOVE to do a Fixxture BBQ during this time frame. Perhaps Bash can give me some ideas on location and timing? In summary, this is a perfect way to begin the rest of the year! I'm SO glad they decided on this tour, with these local stops! I'm already whipped into a frenzy and foaming at the mouth.....I'm open to your ideas for this week. Happy happy joy joy !

Your Doctor Roger

Cool Another Thing

Bash,

Can we make my birthday party at The Avalon in Santa Clara instead....Please?

Thanks,

Dr. Roger

It's so fantastic. Thank you Ed! And thank you all for offering your helping hands to get the journey realised.

I will need just two more days to decide. What I can say for sure is that I will fly from germany to USA on Friday 4th and will leave the next friday 11th.

Looking forward to meet you all

This is so exciting! Cannot wait! I'm going to attend as many gigs as I can in the time I am there so I am definitely going to Malibu, SF, Redwood city, Fairfax and Santa Clara

Doctor Roger, your party has now been shifted to The Avalon. What's yer favorite kinda cake?

As for a barbeque, well, the place we had the Fixxnic (Sierra Point Marina in Brisbane) can accomodate plenty more folks, is centrally located between you and wingo, and as long as the weather's decent, is a great place for fun. Would recommend March 7th or 8th for that.

To quote Jamie on the subject - "Food tastes better outdoors, doesn't it?"

The second week of march promises to be a blast!
    Bash,
    Co-Founder, B.A.A.S.
    Born Again Atheists Society

Oh wow...you are too kind Dr. Roger!! I will definitely let you know if I can take you up on your generous offer!!!

Things may be changing so hopefully I *can* make more shows.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast