Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixxture Faces - 80's Edition

I'm sorry to say that the Hound Mullet got pretty much out of control towards the end of its days... I debated for a while whether to invite ridicule with this pic... but what the hell. December 1989 so it just qualifies.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bash, Fluxus and Smarthound...Love all your photos I'm searching for a photo of me with bleached blonde hair Hope I find it this weekend!

Smarthound, good thing you stopped with the mullets or your name here would have been Mullethound

Originally posted by heimo
    I think I saw your Grandfather playing in Buena Vista Social Club
    ROFL Heimo! Have always wanted to see that!

1984!

Ok, thats me 1984 at the age of 15.

I am proud to say that I am the owner of Cy's first hat.

Please notice the phantoms-cover at the back of the wall.

My favourite one from 1988

This is my favourite picture of the 80's! It 'was springtime in 1988. We had a black and white foto competition at school. I have to say that I was always a little bit lazy and did not want things become to complicated at school. We had two weeks time but I just needed two minutes.

To cut a long story short. I was inspired by the inner-sleeve of the phantoms album - the guys sitting in a kind of wardrobe seperated by small walls. I found no wardrobe at school but toilets . Ok ones sitting at such a place it would make sense to take the trousers of. Ready, click, finished - let's go home!

We did not win the competition, but earned a lot of laughter.
    Last edited by heimo; 02-23-2005 at 06:25 AM.

Originally posted by Alannah86
    I'm searching for a photo of me with bleached blonde hair Hope I find it this weekend!
    Bring on the blonde! I didn't do blond until 92 & 94...I've been every color since then...right now, sad to say...I'm just plain old brunette...went for the all over color before we add in in fun colors! (had to cover the grey!)

I love the photos of everybody. I've never tried to upload one before, so here goes. My Dad took it back around '86 or so. [IMG]lisa in the 80s[/IMG] Apologies if it doesn't work...

Okay, one more time. If this doesn't work, I might have to call in the cavalry...

Now there's a cute lady! Great haircut!
    Bash,
    Co-Founder, B.A.A.S.
    Born Again Atheists Society

Thanks Bash. It was all about the hair back then, wasn't it? Gratefully, no images have been saved of me with my Howard Jones-inspired mullet. I did have an awesome rat-tail though...sort of pine for it now and again...

For your pleasure, I'm scanning some old 80's pictures I dug up from the first time I ever saw the boys in person. It was that charmed summer of 1983. They opened for Supertramp, whom I had no interest in. I recall that my sister and I paid a hefty price to see them play for about 30 minutes, but I didn't care. In addition to a great show, they turned up at the local Kemp Mill Records store for a signing.

I refer to these shots now as Fixxbabies. Sorry for the major obstruction in this one. You know how those things can be.

Originally posted by Fluxus
    Bring on the blonde! I didn't do blond until 92 & 94...I've been every color since then...right now, sad to say...I'm just plain old brunette...went for the all over color before we add in in fun colors! (had to cover the grey!)
    I did blonde loads of times in the 80's but I am having trouble finding photographic evidence. So far I have only found a 1992 photo...

Between 1982-1994 I dyed my hair every colour from black to bleached blonde, and every shade in between! But I stopped dyeing my hair back in 1994, so what you see now is actually my natural hair colour

I can't ...wait...WON'T do the natural thing - too much grey (and I'm still a day shy of 32...sheesh). Thanks to my father's side, we are all lucky to have started seeing the silver strands starting around 18...yikes. I haven't seen my natural hair since I was 16. Some things never change I guess.

I am lucky to say that I will be 40 this year and only have a few grey hairs so far, but then again, I take after my dad, who is still not completely grey at 67 years of age and has a full head of hair!

Wish I had also inherited his ability to eat and eat and never gain weight! He was like a bloody beanpole when younger, though he's filled out a bit now, but he's still slim.

My 1992 blonde photo will be scanned this weekend...I must warn people...I look rather 'bimboish'
    Last edited by Alannah86; 02-23-2005 at 02:58 PM.

heimo-

the toilet shot is just downright hysterical!!!!!! dang, reminds me of jr high and the notorious toilet bombers!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast