Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff that makes you get pissed!

Ya know what pisses me off?!

I just spent $66 getting gas for my minivan.
    What the hell is this $2.69.9/gallon business?

I'm gonna have to call in to work tomorrow and tell my boss to send a shuttle as I can no longer afford to drive to work - HA!

Seriously, I've thought about biking to work but then I gotta leave at 6:15 in the morning - NOT!

I only live like 6 miles from work but I just may carpool with a coworker anyway. $66 is too much to pay to fill my tank. I'm just not going anywhere anymore.

It's that simple.

yeah right

Hm, Costco had them electric cars not too long ago...I wonder...

Damn - makes me glad I only rent a car occasionally. Thank goodness for San Francisco's amazing public transit system. And for an inborn love of walking...
    Bash,
    Co-Founder, B.A.A.S.
    Born Again Atheists Society

WOW ... we are only paying 2.03 in the midwest!!!! YIKES!!!!!!

Wow! What state is that? Being near the state line, we pay Minnesota prices. Today: $2.22

I am very thankful that I am rolling in a Honda - and I have a VERY short commute to work. A tank of gas lasts me 10 to 14 days! So, in keeping with the thread, it pisses me off when people don't try to conserve our natural resources -

we don't own the world, we lease.

~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Originally posted by fiona983
    WOW ... we are only paying 2.03 in the midwest!!!! YIKES!!!!!!
    Originally posted by dejapete
    Wow! What state is that? Being near the state line, we pay Minnesota prices. Today: $2.22
    $2.03, $2.22....can I say we're at $2.29 and rising pretty much everyday here in good old northwestern I-O-Way. Not quite the $2.69 Steve spoke of, but a hefty chuck o' change when you have to drive at least a half an hour to get anywhere where anything is.
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

May I add that the $2.69.9/gallon was at a CHEAP station. Others like Mobil, Shell, and chevron were around $2.74.9 when I got gas the other day.

They really stick it to us Californians - and we're stupid enough to pay it.

I'm all over the conservation idea Pippi and I agree whole heartedly. Mo coworkers even mock me because I recycle cans and bottles that would otherwise end up clogging our landfil here in the Santa Maria valley.

Hawaiians are carefull when it comes to trash. With a finite amount of space for waste, they are mindful of what is discarded and what is used again. But, that's another thread.

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
    May I add that the $2.69.9/gallon was at a CHEAP station. Others like Mobil, Shell, and chevron were around $2.74.9 when I got gas the other day.

They really stick it to us Californians - and we're stupid enough to pay it.

I'm all over the conservation idea Pippi and I agree whole heartedly. Mo coworkers even mock me because I recycle cans and bottles that would otherwise end up clogging our landfil here in the Santa Maria valley.

Hawaiians are carefull when it comes to trash. With a finite amount of space for waste, they are mindful of what is discarded and what is used again. But, that's another thread.
    Here, they were trying to give us flack for having public transportation, when they should have been looking at where this was headed. They had the nerve to be racist about who rides the buses! But as they are finding, humble pie is a rare dish, and they'd better accept it gracefully! Bus fares are only a buck, whereas the price of gas is skyrocketing! Transfers are free, and a pass for a month is thirty bucks- they even got student rates for college students.

The economy is so bad here, and jobs last just a second. It's like Allentown when the steel mills were closing. . . factories got up and went, and so did the income. It's getting harder to survive here in the Killa Keys. Multi-generations of families gotta stack up in homes because of the outrageous rents and prices of utilities. . . I need to get my house changed over to electric heating, because I cannot afford natural gas. At these prices, even hitting a bank wouldn't pay the bills!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Administration who pays no attention to the health of employees

Just got over the flu again and just had to deal with a completely asinine comment from administration here at work : "Well, the weather says it's supposed to be free of rain all week, so you should be taking the children outside. Here at HeadStart our primary focus is on the children, so therefore I see no need adjusting the gross motor schedule." Can you say, "give me something to break?"!

a- holes! I can't stand folks who work in an office and think those of us who get ill are lying! I am so sick and freakin' tired of catching germs from these little monsters! I love my LCs, but uh, my health is more important than this stinkin' job!

peace out!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

MAN.. what is up with gas all over the usa... We have been steady at 1.99 for about 2 weeks... even saw it as low as 1.96.......today it is 2.05...

I will NOt complain at all.....YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jeanne Thelen
    MAN.. what is up with gas all over the usa... We have been steady at 1.99 for about 2 weeks... even saw it as low as 1.96.......today it is 2.05...

I will NOt complain at all.....YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Only $2.05? You lucky bastard!
    Gas is $2.67.9/gal here in Santa Maria.
    THIEVES!

Rejoice in your good fortune!

Down here in the OC, they're selling it 2.89/gal for the good stuff- I paid 2.69 for regular this morning, which has been the price for a couple of weeks now. Last week I saw it for as high as 2.99/gal which surprised me when I heard on the news that L.A. had set the high record with 2.69/gal. They must have only been only talking about regular.

Isn't what we pay still much cheaper than the price of "petrol" in Europe? How do we compare, dear Euro-friends?

WOW .. and a friend of mine is trying to talk me into moving to California...

2.89?????

Maybe Not????????

California makes up for it with sunshine and beaches...something we should maybe remember and be grateful for...

SO VERY TRUE!!!!

Missing the ocean blue VERY MUCH!!!!

Thanks Cygnet!!!!!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast