Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff that makes you get pissed!

In the water barrel just off of 80/94 (the former disaster, now vastly improved Borman Expressway) and now blissfully wed

Re: Rejoice in your good fortune!

Originally posted by Cygnet
    Down here in the OC, they're selling it 2.89/gal for the good stuff- I paid 2.69 for regular this morning, which has been the price for a couple of weeks now. Last week I saw it for as high as 2.99/gal which surprised me when I heard on the news that L.A. had set the high record with 2.69/gal. They must have only been only talking about regular.

Isn't what we pay still much cheaper than the price of "petrol" in Europe? How do we compare, dear Euro-friends?
    Can get it for around $2.10 here in the eastern portion of Chicagoland. Just don't go into Cook County; you're looking at $2.35 at least there.
    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. - Thomas Jefferson's first Inaugural Address, 1801

Okay .. i do not mean to make any one gasp in disbelief

But gas is down to 1.92 per gallon here...

It is strange .. how it differs across the country..
    In Seattle ... they are paying 2.45 per gallon....

I have heard that in Europe .. they are paying up to 5.00 pre litter .. YIKES....

Again.. i guess I won't complain about being in the mid west .. no matter how much I am missing the ocean ...
    Last edited by Jeanne Thelen; 05-04-2005 at 11:45 AM.

Ok...I'll take "Stuff that makes you get pissed!" for $100, Alex...

People who complain about gas prices...just kidding... now back to our regular program....already in progress....
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Really - buy a Honda.

Or a moped.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Gas: paid $2.22/gal yesterday in Buffalo. That's on the low side.

I have a moped. Three dollars to fill the tank.

LOL

Costs me $20 to fill the Honda - but it last me two weeks.

I'm pissed about the price of beer. If you go to a bar - even domestic beer is $2.75 for 12 ounces. A gallon of bottled beer - when purchased at my local dive is over $25 a gallon. Thank goodness my car doesn't run on beer.

And what about the cost of a gallon of good tequila?!?

One shot at a time . . . .

in the words of a good friend,

"one tequila, two ta kill ya!"

LMAO!!!!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Re: LOL

Originally posted by pippi617
    Costs me $20 to fill the Honda - but it last me two weeks.

I'm pissed about the price of beer. If you go to a bar - even domestic beer is $2.75 for 12 ounces. A gallon of bottled beer - when purchased at my local dive is over $25 a gallon. Thank goodness my car doesn't run on beer.

And what about the cost of a gallon of good tequila?!?

One shot at a time . . . .
    At the bar I stop at on the ever so infrequent times I need a good belt "good" tequila goes for about $2.50 a shot. Figuring a shot to be 2 or 3 ounces, depends on where you go; I love places where the shot is 3 ounces but those places are few and far between so let's go with 2 ounces. A gallon being 128 ounces 64 shots could be had... at a cost of a mere $160 and then you have to figure in tip too. Being the generous sort I usually go with the whatever change I have method rather than the 10, 15 or 20% of the bill. But for this exercise I will figure to be real generous and go with the 20% putting the total for the gallon at $192....now there is something to complain about....

And don't even get me started on the cost of a good gin and tonic by the gallon.....
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Eff tha po'leece!!!

Of all the shizznit to go down this weekend. . .

Now we got punk azz KKKops (yep, I spelled it like that for a reason!) beatin' down teenagers!!! My nephew was with his friend Kent and a few others when two of them got to arguing, but ended it without too much trouble. How come the bytch-azz po'leece gotta come up crackin' folks in da mouf (another intentional misspelling) with KKKnightsticks? I'll tell ya why- they ain't got shit else to do but use excessive force on folks they think are skerred of dey azzes!!! My nephew called me in shock saying, "all Kent said to them was "why are you doing this?" and the punk azz KKKop cracked him with that stick!" I am glad to hear that Kent defended himself against them- I was told that he bashed both of them!

You go, Kent! Beat dat azz!! They give peacemakers a bad name! I say we take 'em all down wit' da quickness!

I got my razor and vaseline ready! They don't want none!
    Last edited by preciousstone75; 05-09-2005 at 02:13 PM.
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

In the water barrel just off of 80/94 (the former disaster, now vastly improved Borman Expressway) and now blissfully wed
    Originally posted by preciousstone75
    in the words of a good friend,

"one tequila, two ta kill ya!"

LMAO!!!!
    Or

One tequila
    Two tequila
    Three tequila
    Floor
    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. - Thomas Jefferson's first Inaugural Address, 1801

Originally posted by Char
    I have a moped. Three dollars to fill the tank.
    Wow! That's it! I just need a 6-decker moped...start with the littlest kids on top and stack them right on down according to size....actually, kids pack a lot of energy, you know...there might be some way of tapping into that...

Get a couple of wagons & some rope and pull the kids behind the moped. And, please, send me a picture if you do!!

Pippi

So I'm at the hospital,...you know,...gettin' the beads removed,when all of a sudden...O MY GOD!!!!!!!

...I've been sportin' "boxers" ever since.

Originally posted by xxif
    So I'm at the hospital,...you know,...gettin' the beads removed,when all of a sudden...O MY GOD!!!!!!!

...I've been sportin' "boxers" ever since.
    Wow! I'm really sorry about that, man... I mean, Xxif.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast