Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Fixx An Electronic Tribute CD Now Available!

Got it! Listened to it! LOVE IT!

I think the music for all the songs on this CD is great! I love the whole 80s techno-pop synth vibe. There are some very interesting musical interpretations going on.

A few of the vocals fall short though. I mean, if the song doesn't have A VOICE out in front, then, to me, it isn't a Fixx song. No matter who the lead singer is, if the vocal isn't amazing, powerful, and evocative, whatever IT is that makes the song great is lost.

I do love that bands cared enough about The Fixx to make this CD. Wish there were more of them and wish I was talented enough to contribute.

Tara Lyn
    You know me, I'm the dark horse that just might win the race.

Tribute to The Fixx

The Fixx...An Electronic Tribute?
    Kinda cool..........what do YOU think?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=glance&n=5174

If this link doesn't work, go to Amazon.com and see it.
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"

FROM AMAZON.COM:

Editorial Reviews

About the Artist
    This collection would serve as a sort of snapshot of the modern synthpop scene, covering many styles, sounds, and moods. The die-hard synthpop fan who knows these bands by heart will enjoy these previously unreleased tracks. Legends Gene Loves Jezebel and established synthpop artists Empire State Human, The Echoing Green and Color Theory are joined by newcomers Tristraum, Glow and Royal Visionaries to create this well-produced tribute. Fans of Howard Jones will enjoy The Dignity of Labour. Very smooth.

Product Description
    The Fixx began their career over 20 years ago in London when they were first discovered at the 101 Club; the club owner released their first single, "Lost Planes," in 1981 which led to their contract with MCA Records.
    Producer Rupert Hine helped shape the bandís sound on their first LP, Shuttered Room, in 1982. While success in their homeland was minimal, airplay on then-fledgling American cable network MTV of their videos for singles "Stand Or Fall," "Red Skies" and "Some People" set the wheels in motion for Stateside success. Arguably the bandís masterpiece, their 1983 album Reach The Beach was a Platinum smash in the US, led by first single "Saved By Zero. " However, it was single #2, the energetic "One Thing Leads To Another," that made The Fixx household names that summer.

As the saying goes, "You canít know where youíre going if you donít know where youíve been." The Fixx took us to a higher plane with their music; now the musicians featured herein would like to give you the listener another view into that world. A perfect example of how one thing leads to another.
    "Please take part to find your soul...read between the lines. Please take part and play your role....read between the lines"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567