Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fixx An Electronic Tribute CD Now Available!

Wow!

Wow! This seems to be pretty cool. I am really interested to hear the results.

personal favorite from ones with samples - Deeper and Deeper

Thanks. It's really shaping-up. Ohh, and thanks to all of those that have already ordered the tribute.

I'm shooting to have all tracks in by next week (just three to go). And it's off to the mastering plant. I'm planning on sharing with the band once it's been mastered.

Cheers,

Randall

Fixx Tribute almost finished

Quick update before the holidays...

The Fixx Tribute project titled: The Fixx: An Electronic Tribute was delayed since a few new artists wanted on the project. One of them, Gene Loves Jezebel just completed their mixdown and I should have it by X-mas. And the last track by The Echoing Green should arrive early January.

The project is schedule to be mastered mid January with a Feb release date. Thanks to all of you that have pre-ordered the cd. Your wait will be over soon.

All but two of the sound samples are up on the site:

www.fixxtribute.com

Everybody have a safe and happy holiday season!

Randall

Gene Loves Jezebel cover Red Skies

Gene Loves Jezebel's cover of Red Skies just arrived...

Only one more song left to complete the Fixx Tribute project!!! I expect the last song to be completed by late January with a March release for this project.

You can hear a one minute sample of Red Skies and all the other songs at:

http://www.fixxtribute.com/sound.html

You can pre-order this album now if you wish to be one of the first to get it. It's come together quite nicely as a super collection of covers made by electronic artists (mostly). The overall sound of the album is synthpop/electronica. Light and upbeat. Check it out.

Randall

Terrific work on Chase the Fire, Randall!!

The Gene Loves Jezebel version of Red Skies is a compelling standout! Worth purchasing the CD for that alone.
    Alli

Thanks. I've heard some good feedback on Chase The Fire and Deeper and Deeper. Glad you liked Michael's cover of Red Skies. In fact, I'm getting a cleaner mix of it next week. He did a nice job with the track. It has a lot of substance.

Randall

Randall,

Will the new mix be on the CD?
    Alli

Nicely done! I like how you've included samples of the songs--you really know what you'll be getting. I'll be ordering a copy.

Yes, the new mix (once I have it) will be the one on the final cd. We just finished all the licensing paperwork for the compilation so now, it's just a matter of getting that last song.

Also, everyone who orders the cd via the website gets three bonus downloads after completing the purchase. The songs are some duplications of songs or submissions that didn't fit in some way on the cd. But, I wanted to share them anyway.

Char, thanks. glad you like the snips. They give a good overview of what you'll be getting. This album is a must for any collector and/or fan. There's a bunch of folks in the synthpop world that aren't as familair with The Fixx (too young I suppose). So, this will hope open the door for them to a band we already know is living legend!

Randall

Fixx vs. Dead or Alive tributes

Ok, this is kinda related... Since a bunch of Fixx fans pre-ordered the Fixx tribute, I thought I'd share some news about another tribute project.

Fans of Dead or Alive (hope there are some here) wil be glad to hear about the first tribute album to the band. A bunch of the same artists from The Fixx Tribute project got together and decided to put an album together with Dead or Alive as a influence.

Like the Fixx tribute, you can check-out all that is Dead or Alive at:

www.doatribute.com

Both tributes are on the same label: Section44.

BTW, the final track for the Fixx tribute is out the door awaiting vocals this week. I expect both projects to be completed by Mid Jan and have mid-Feb release dates.

cheers,

Randall

I quick update. The vocals for the last track are being recorded next week. It's The Echoing Green doing "stand or fall". www.echocentral.com

Then it's off to mastering. So sorry about the delays getting this project completed. Especially to those of you who pre-ordered hoping to get it by x-mas. Well... the wait is almost over.

I've added a fourth track to the link for folks that have pre-ordered the track. Drug of Choice doing "Built for the Future". It didn't quite fit the album for style, etc. So, now it's a free download for anybody ordering directly from the www.fixxtribute.com website. The album will be available in all the regular online stores, etc. But no free downloads if you buy through them. :-(

Again, thanks for all the support during this project from all the fixtures here. It's been fun. Can't wait for the actual disc!!

Randall
    www.section44.com
    www.tristraum.com

FIXXture TRIBUTE

LONG TIME no see, good to be here now.

So the electronixx fixxtrib is doing well, congratz!

===

But, at the other hand... where are all the beautifull Fixx Tribute covers from die-hards like: Thinmen, The Calm Animals (Dirk Kastens), Gearhead, Stranger Seven (... and me / Me Jane).

HEY TRIBUTE DIE-HARDS I'm gonna contact you soon... let's fixx the tribute ;-)

Guido

P.s. contact me if you're not mentioned here, join the tribute!

Yep, there was some great music already created by a bunch of folks here. But, I attempted to keep the focus on this tribute mostly electronic. We have the Thinmen track on our site as a free download.

Everybody keep making music!!!

Randall

Update on the Electronic Tribute...

I flew to Albuquerque to record vocals with The Echoing Green for "stand or fall". Now that I have the vocals in hand, I can finish the mix and have the mastering completed by next week or so.

So, thanks again to all that have pre-ordered the album. Your wait will be over soon!

Randall

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast