Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fixx An Electronic Tribute CD Now Available!

Tribute cd

Purchase cd on line 3weeks ago/does any one know the shipment date.

all the details are in the thread at the top of this forum...
    Bash,
    Co-Founder, B.A.A.S.
    Born Again Atheists Society

Fixx tribute cd Dead in the water?

Is the Fixx tribute cd dead or alive/not a clear explanation(can anyone help me with this/already purchase on line

Read the top thread in this forum...
    Bash,
    Co-Founder, B.A.A.S.
    Born Again Atheists Society

tristram

When you purchased the CD, you should have been taken to a link with downloads that could not fit on the CD. These are available right after you purchase the CD. Go back to the site or email Randall--if you didn't get these.
    Got to support that Denver talent!

Hi everybody. Yes, the info is in the top thread. But thought I'd respond to this one too.

The current Fixx tribute project: The Fixx: An Electronic Tribute is still coming out. The release date is the first week of March. So sorry about the unexpected delays with the actual release date. And a big thanks to everyone who pre-ordered the release and are patiently waiting.

I flew to New Mexico this past weekend to record vocals with The Echoing Green. I need a week or so to finish-up the mixdown and we're golden. All of the other tracks are mastered. Just this one more to go. I expect the project to be delivered to the CD duplication plant within the next two weeks or so.

I'll be sure to update everybody when the cd is shipping. All pre-orders will get their copies first.

You can preview all existing tracks at www.fixxtribute.com if you haven't all ready.

Randall

Char, I didn't realize you were in Colorado too. Great!

The last track goes to mastering today :-) I expect the release to be mastered and shipped to the duplication plant by a week from tomorrow.

And I'll say this again, sorry for the long delay getting this release out. It certain was a labour of love and took much longer than I originally antipated since it was the first of such a production for me.

The pre-release price will be extended through the next three weeks or so as the cds are being made. After that, I'm guessing the album will increase a buck or two to help cover costs, etc.

www.fixxtribute.com

Cheers,

Randall

and sorry for the spelling... :-)

The last track for the cd is now up on the website and the disc is off to the mastering engineer in Los Angeles. Four weeks to go.

www.fixxtribute.com/sound.html
    Link to Echoing Green's "Stand or Fall"...

It's a 135 bpm dance track. A lot faster than the original. Enjoy

Randall

I spoke to the cd plant today. I'll have the Fixx Tribute in had on the week of April 4th. Sorry about the extra delay. I'm on vacation the last week of the month and didn't want the cds shipped to an empty house :-)

The pre-orders will go out first. I'll post again when I get them in hand.

This sounds great. I will straighten my problem with Paypal just to buy this cd. Cool, very cool.

Re: Fixx vs. Dead or Alive tributes

Originally posted by Tristraum
    Ok, this is kinda related... Since a bunch of Fixx fans pre-ordered the Fixx tribute, I thought I'd share some news about another tribute project.

Fans of Dead or Alive (hope there are some here) wil be glad to hear about the first tribute album to the band. A bunch of the same artists from The Fixx Tribute project got together and decided to put an album together with Dead or Alive as a influence.

Like the Fixx tribute, you can check-out all that is Dead or Alive at:

www.doatribute.com

Both tributes are on the same label: Section44.

BTW, the final track for the Fixx tribute is out the door awaiting vocals this week. I expect both projects to be completed by Mid Jan and have mid-Feb release dates.

cheers,

Randall

I LOVE DOA!!!!! Yes....there are a couple of us out here!!!!
    Fluxus is not: a movement, a moment in history, an organization. Fluxus is: an idea, a kind of work, a tendency, a way of life, a changing set of people who do Fluxworks.
    --Dick Higgins

This is most excellent! I've a few tribute albums in my collection that are outstanding (For the Masses for example). I'm listening to samples right now and will pre-order or order or whatever is available. Thanks for putting this together/out there. I hate to admit it, but I'm a sucker for remixes and always have been.
    I like what I've heard so far... Secret Separation is disappointing though...

Peace, Love, and Pineapples.
    Fluxus is not: a movement, a moment in history, an organization. Fluxus is: an idea, a kind of work, a tendency, a way of life, a changing set of people who do Fluxworks.
    --Dick Higgins

When is Fixx tribute CD going to be release pre-order months ago

Still waiting on CD?

From Tristraum on another thread...

"I spoke to the cd plant today. I'll have the Fixx Tribute in had on the week of April 4th. Sorry about the extra delay. I'm on vacation the last week of the month and didn't want the cds shipped to an empty house :-)

The pre-orders will go out first. I'll post again when I get them in hand."

Thread is here...

http://www.thefixx.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2605

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast