Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Santa Cruz - Doctor Roger's first annual Da Shizzle Fo Shizzle blowout!

Shizzle Summary

Dearest Fixxtures,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for a wonderful time had by all, especially me!

Together, you helped make our Annual Shizzlefest a night to remember. The pictures really don't tell the whole story. For sure, it was great to see the show and hang with the guys afterwards, but I was also very impressed with the social scene that was created and enjoyed by all.

The personalities of the Fixxtures will always be treasured and remembered by me. It was so much fun to see Alli and Kevin, Cyg and Robnet, Winger, Steve, Julie, Bash, Pippi and Audrey, and all the rest. Robnet reminds me of Dave Matthews.

Now I share the depression of it being over (for now), and turning my thoughts to next year, and to possibly getting to Seattle this week for the final shows. What a wonderful memory you all helped to create, and the pictures will help preserve the evening. Thanks for helping me host this party and social extravaganza ! I guess we "west coasters" really can throw a decent shindig! The band (and Ira) really appreciated the party and the full bar and food provided by you all. I got thank you calls from Cy and Rupert on behalf of the band, thanking us and making plans for next year's Santa Cruz event.

This was not "Dr. Roger's " party alone, it was the FIXXTURES showing our love for the band. Next year, we will insist that Heimo comes along with our other long distance friends. It meant alot to the band that Alli and Kevin flew from NY for this event. It was more than just another show......it was a treasured night that we will all remember for some time to come.

Again, special thanks to Bash, Pippi, Cygnet, Steve, Wing Tip, and all the other Fixxtures for making this a very special night.

Love you all.....................

Dr. Roger

Dear Dr. R,

That is so sweet that the band thanked you! You really deserve it, Roger ("we always get what we deserve"). Glad they were happy to see us with our smiling faces It was a very special night, and you really made it happen!! It was da shizzle, fo' sho! We will never forget it: the show, all the Fixxtures, hanging with the band and Ira...it was the best. THANK YOU ROGER!!!!!

Bash, we didn't get to talk much this time, but wanted to thank you too for the lovely buffet. Hope you feel better soon! And Rob, that was so wonderful of you to keep the vibe going with your music - we really enjoyed it!

Of course, we were so happy to see our friends Wingnut, Pippi, Cyg, and meet Audrey and Steve!! Steve did the aftershow as Emo - a scary impersonation, I must say.

I just got in late last night and I'm pretty groggy. Will post some more later. Heading back to the sack.

Love to all,
    Last edited by allicat; 08-08-2005 at 12:02 PM.
    Alli

Oh Alli !

Dearest Allicat,

Pleasure (as always) to see you and Kevin........thanks for your sweet comments, I'll treasure that night as I treasure your company. I hope to see you guys again soon. And......

THANKS TONS FOR THE SWEETS, I'M STILL AT THEM !!!!! THE

(other) DOCTOR OWES YOU BIG TIME !!!

Love,

Dr. Roger

You owe me nothing, dear Doctor! I can't wait for the opportunity to bring you some more of those silly rings! (Hope you didn't get a stomachache ).
    Alli

Oh those darn jelly rings - perhaps that's what caused my blurry, pounding head - but, then again, perhaps not.

You're right Alli - it WAS da' shizzle fo' sho!

Woo Hoo Santa Cruz!!

WTFPip
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Yeah, jellies have been known to do that. (not!)
    Couldn't have been the late nights and beer.
    WTF, girl.
    Alli

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    Pippi, what's that in your hair?
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

STILL!!!

~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

The Review

Did any of you see the review I did in the review section? Your opinions? Thanks

Dr. Roger

Yay! I think the operation was successful Doc! Thank you all for being there. As strange a fit as I may be, you are my flock! It was a fantastic evening/night/morning...
    I'm glad everyone got home safely. Hope you feel better soon, Bash. Too much stress, I guess; but you did a great job!
    I'm sorry I missed meeting you, Noreen. (How did that happen?)...onward and upward...
    Rob and I had a great time with the kids Saturday riding rides. We even got to fly together like Superman- that was awesome. We're already looking forward to next year-
    Don't anybody miss it!

Originally posted by Cygnet
    Yay! I think the operation was successful Doc! Thank you all for being there. As strange a fit as I may be, you are my flock! It was a fantastic evening/night/morning...
    I'm glad everyone got home safely. Hope you feel better soon, Bash. Too much stress, I guess; but you did a great job!
    I'm sorry I missed meeting you, Noreen. (How did that happen?)...onward and upward...
    Rob and I had a great time with the kids Saturday riding rides. We even got to fly together like Superman- that was awesome. We're already looking forward to next year-
    Don't anybody miss it!
    I was in stealth mode... I tend to be sort of quiet. But hopefully maybe we can have another one of these in the future!

A funny thing, I got yet another bruise on my arm...hmmm...same thing happened to me last year! Mystery!

Dr. R,
    Your review was perfecto. Thanks for taking care of us fixxies. Most of us were just too wiped out to be so eloquent (at least I was!).
    Alli

Santa Cruz 2006 - definetly my priority!
    Count me in, Roger!

Thanks Alli !

Dear Allicat,

Thanks for your comments on my FIRST review ! I only tried it as I also write a national column in my trade publication for office furniture, in the vein of my business. It's called "Ask Roger-The Installer's View" in the Monday Morning Quarterback weekly magazine ( www.mmqb.com) . I'm sure the grammar was all wrong, but hopefully the idea comes across.

Heimo, I've already put you on top of the list for the '06 Shizzlefest in Santa Cruz ! Good news.....the band told me that they were invited back to Santa Cruz before the show even ended !

Now I'm hot on trying to get to Seattle for this weekend's final shows...... I'll be looking forward to seeing bash's pictures and hearing more about our collective fun in S.C.

No comment about the "Pool Party" that someone mentioned

Love to all....

Dr. Roger

Originally posted by allicat
    Of course, we were so happy to see our friends Wingnut, Pippi, Cyg, and meet Audrey and Steve!! Steve did the aftershow as Emo - a scary impersonation, I must say.
    Allicat - so very nice to see you and Kevin again - glad you made it out! Steve did a spot-on Emo - let's go see a show!

Congrats to you guys, as well! And thanks for the analysis - did Steve pay you yet? I'm going to be okay, after all! Whee! and WooHoo! and WTH - WTF!

wingnoid
    With mental wingo I'm nearly flying

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast