Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa Cruz - Doctor Roger's first annual Da Shizzle Fo Shizzle blowout!

Just saw the Pictures from last year and I am totally impressed: What a great beach, stage and what a crowd!!!

That really looks fantastic!

Hi Heimo, yes, indeed! It's a great place to see the show. Probably the only drawback is the slight audio slapback from the sound hitting the wall and bouncing back, but otherwise, it's pretty cool. Great weather, two great shows (one during the day, the other at night), rides, arcade, etc. I think they estimated close to 4,200 people watching the show. At one point, I stood up and looked up and down the beach, and there were people for about as far as you could see.

wingo
    With mental wingo I'm nearly flying

Hey Heimo !

Hello Heimo,

Yes....Santa Cruz is a mystic place, too. Last year's show was great, as Wingo said. Add the fact that the after show party was one of the best ever ! We had to line up all the fans who wanted things signed and to meet the band. I know the band was very impressed with the love and "energy" of that crowd. I wish I had a camera that night. (Right, ED ? )

Consider the fact that even Jamie, Rupert, and Cy gets excited at the mention of "Santa Cruz" should speak highly of the venue and the town en masse. My hope is to make this into an annual event, like a Fixxture convention. And why not? This band brings me (and us) so much joy and wonderful, talented music, (not to mention great friendships and rekindling the past), that it's the least we can do to "show our Love". And, Santa Cruz is the perfect place as it will draw the biggest crowd and fan base. The weather is perfect in July there, too.

If this sounds like a sales pitch, I apologize. It's just that I'm SO into the future shows, it gives me great joy planning and waiting for the days to come. The Fixx truly has become my favorite band!

Yours Truly,

Doctgor Roger

I am SO excited!

I have shivers up & down my spine. Dis is definitely gonna be da shizzle. My favorite band - my FIXXy friends - sunshine - the ocean - the rides - the food - and some ice cold brews. Wow! Can hardly wait!

Woo Hoo Santa Cruz

Pippi617
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

ohhhhh!!!! This could be fun!!!!!!

ALERT !!! WARNING WILL ROBINSON !

ALERT !!

I just got back from Santa Cruz, I reserved rooms at the nearest, greatest location, but the rooms are going fast !!

Those interested in these rooms, where the party will be, PLEASE contact BASH immediately. This is your fair warning, as I could only reserve so many! Once our block of rooms are gone, you may still be able to book rooms direct, but no promises as they are going fast.

There are other, lesser hotels nearby as an alternative. Again, Please contact BASH as she will have the reservation codes and count of what's left.

Thanks, can't wait to see you all in Santa Cruz !!

Doctor Roger

Originally posted by deBASHmode
    Calling NZ...repeating...
    Calling NZ...

Pete, do you read? Your presence is needed at this Fixxture gathering. Escape your winter and join us here in July...

If you think it's possible, please let me know and I'll get you on the room list.

Thanks!

Bash
    Oh you are seriously tempting me.......
    What with the 29th being my birthday and all.....
    I am supposed to be going to Taiwan sometime around that date....but now i am seriously thinking of going there...via California

Taiwan will still be there for you...come celebrate your birthday with us!

If you are seriously sorely tempted, please contact me for lodging info - the rooms are almost all booked!
    Bash,
    Co-Founder, B.A.A.S.
    Born Again Atheists Society

Fixxy,

Kev and I will be there (yes, the temptation succeeded ). We will celebrate your birthday -- and everything else we can think of! Come to the States, mate!
    Alli

Pete, it really would be amazing if you could come!

...and Alli- that's GREAT that you and Kev will be there! Like a big family reunion!!!

Come on Pete, the family won't be complete without you!

STOP THE PRESSES !!!

WHAT ????? STOP THE PRESSES !!!

ALLICAT AND KEVIN ARE COMING ??? !!!!!! Now I KNOW I can sell ice to Eskimos ! Oh, Alli....you guys just made my night. Thank you so much for deciding to join us, we'll be sure you leave with wonderful memories!

And, now we're calling NZ....come "social camping" with us !
    Get it Alli? heeheehee

So Bash, are there any rooms left in our block of reservations? I thought they would go fast, but not this fast! It says to me that it's gonna be a hot time in the old town that night!

Also, Alli coined a catchy phrase for this gathering.... "Shizzlefest"
    I kinda like it, but I thought of one other name; "Oldfest", get it? Instead of Ozzfest? Wing Tip, surely you have a name in mind....Perhaps Steve Pariseau can get votes?
    In summary,

ijustcantbeleivethatalliandkevinarecomingwewillhav esomuchfunanddrinkandeatgoodfoodandpartywithallFix xturesandtheboysintheband! Please add your comments, and it's only exactly 4 months from today! My love to all.....

Yours Truly,

Doctor Roger

Roger,

Selling ice to eskimos does not make one a good salesperson -- because Eskimos don't need ice. They need fishing gear or something. And we need Shizzlefest!!!

I thought you KNEW we were coming! I told you I was reserving the room (aka "tent"!).

I can't wait to throw jellies at you. Bash promised to help.

But whatever you do, DO NOT call this fest "Oldfest"!!! I just had a birthday yesterday

Cyg - We are looking forward to seeing you & Rob there
    Alli

Happy belated BD, Alli!

Ain't nothing old about this party, plus, if Audry's there (she's supposed to be), well - she still has the bloom of youth, and makes all the guys wish they were 25 again... LOL!

Hey, we could call it FixxFest! Fixxapalooza! How 'bout Burning Fan?

Roger, I think the rooms in our block are all booked. Will contact the hotel for an update and see if they have any rooms left at all. Look for an update soon!
    Bash,
    Co-Founder, B.A.A.S.
    Born Again Atheists Society

Talked to my boss today and it looks like i am out!

Right at that time we are in the middle of the summer holiday-season in germany. That means that all people with children are out of the office in july. I am solo, i have no children - i have no arguments. I will need a wonder to get free and i think i need 5 days minimum for such a long trip. Maybe there is not to much work at the end of july and can jump on a plane very very spontaneously....

But Alli.....

Hi There Alli...

At last conversation, you were CONSIDERING coming. I didn't know you decided YES. GREAT NEWS!

Regarding Ice to Eskimos......au contrare'.....you HAVE to be a great slaesman to sell ice to Eskimos, as they don't need ice, so if you can sell it to them, you are pretty darn good!

We are very much looking forward to the Shizzlefest, Fixxfest, or whatever we decide to call it. Can't wait to do the Social camping and eat like no tomorrow. I'll look for your contrary opinions and helpful hints !

By the way, the rings are raspberry. Throw as many as you want at me, I'd love it! Thanks again,

Dr. Roger

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast