Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Shoeman - The Shoe Thread

Oooooooo - I saw some of the cutest boots today in Vogue.

just when I thought I had enough . . . . . .

leaving me yet once again to wonder - how much IS enough??

~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Hey shoeman.
    I stand most of the day in one place with a 20lb lead apron on my shoulders. What's the softest most comfortable show you know of to cope with that.

I have Spira shoes now, the walking ones with the springs in them, but since I'm not actually walking, they don't really help much.

Originally posted by pippi617
    Oooooooo - I saw some of the cutest boots today in Vogue.

just when I thought I had enough . . . . . .

leaving me yet once again to wonder - how much IS enough??

Pippi: I had a female customer confess to me that she owned 100 pairs of shoes, and still wanted to get more. Now I love to sell footwear, but I would say to you that 100 is the answer to our musical question "How Much Is Enough?"

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
    Hey shoeman.
    I stand most of the day in one place with a 20lb lead apron on my shoulders. What's the softest most comfortable show you know of to cope with that.

I have Spira shoes now, the walking ones with the springs in them, but since I'm not actually walking, they don't really help much.
    Steve: In your situation, I would like to get you into an athletic shoe. Either Mens' Walking, Cross-Training or Basketball. Two styles I think of right away are the Nike Monarch and the New Balance 680. Repeatedly I have had guys tell me good things about the cushioning and the great feel of those two. Both of them are Cross-Training. Many styles in Mens' Walking feature good cushioning also. You might also find some nice cushioning in a Basketball shoe, but you would probably pay too much for it.......Meanwhile, it appears that your Spira has a nice shock-absorbing effect, but isn't giving you the thick cushioning that you need. Nonetheless, I trust this will help you. Let me know what you come up with. John

100 pairs - I don't think that is enough.

Shoes!

I knew I was totally girlie when I came across my "stripper shoes"- these badass red high heels with the leather strings to tie around the calf! Dude, you're my shoero!

What do you suggest for lots of walking? Right now I wear Reebok Classics (the ones with the R and crest on the side). I'm usually on my feet about six out of the seven hours I'm working (teach preschool- that can get hard on your toes when all you do is chase itty bitties!); on weekends when I sing with my choir, I need a good solid heel for rocking and standing in the choir stand. Waddaya got??
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...

Re: Shoes!

Originally posted by preciousstone75
    I knew I was totally girlie when I came across my "stripper shoes"- these badass red high heels with the leather strings to tie around the calf!
    aka Hot Mama shoes! Comfort-wise, they're great for walking across a room - to the bed...
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

Originally posted by pippi617
    100 pairs - I don't think that is enough.
    In fact, Pippi, looks like we need at least three new pair for that non-stop dancing avatar! So that brings us to 103 pair and counting........

Re: Shoes!

Originally posted by preciousstone75
    I knew I was totally girlie when I came across my "stripper shoes"- these badass red high heels with the leather strings to tie around the calf! Dude, you're my shoero!

What do you suggest for lots of walking? Right now I wear Reebok Classics (the ones with the R and crest on the side). I'm usually on my feet about six out of the seven hours I'm working (teach preschool- that can get hard on your toes when all you do is chase itty bitties!); on weekends when I sing with my choir, I need a good solid heel for rocking and standing in the choir stand. Waddaya got??
    Hi Precious: Thanks for the message. I have three suggestions for you. #1---For lots of walking, I'd like to recommend the Adidas Response. That is actually a running shoe, but it is also built for good forward movement, just as a walking shoe is. But I think you will get some enhancement out of the Response over most walking styles. Suggestion #2---For your work setting in the preschool, the first thing that comes to mind is something in the Easy Spirit Comfort Series. Their reputation is quite good. Suggestion #3---The choir shoe implies to me something dressy, yet functional. Usually tough to get the best of both worlds. First, get as small a heel as you can for balance and stability purposes. The women I talk to often go with a Maripe or Pesaro dress shoe for something like that, although I'm not sure what brands are prominent in your area. This is the question that will call for the most patience and experimentation. Yes, go for a nice-looking choir shoe but more importantly, make sure that IT WILL PERFORM under those circumstances. I don't want you to get hurt when you're up there rockin'. Precious, I do hope this is helpful...........And you teach little kids? You go to the top of my Prayer List, my friend. John

Thanks!

Oh, and as far as teaching goes, it's the best gig I coulda got period! You can have fun all day long and the kids always have a lot of love. . .

you keep on helping people and making them happy. . .
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Those who love their work are truly fortunate. So I am indeed happy for you to be in that kind of environment. Meanwhile, I am now working in our Children's Department more often than I used to. Some of those little guys are afraid to have their foot measured. They panic. So it takes some thoughtfulness to get them fitted at times.

I love my work . . .

I am bartender/manager by night - graphic design artist by day - full time nini & mother-extraordinaire. (part-time groupie) What more could a woman ask for?

I did spend several years working with impaired children many moons ago - it also was wonderful work - very trying - very, very rewarding.

Actually - as a bartender - I spend a lot of time working with impaired adults (customers - AND - co-workers)!! Very trying - not so rewarding.

Awwww!

Thanks for the smiles, Pippi. I love it when peoples' posts make me laugh!
    ...impaired adults...aren't we all? It's just a matter of what day it is, for me!
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Oh, Pippi! A day job. A night job. And add a full-time job? You go to the top of my Prayer List and join our friend Precious. To do all that you do? You must have the energy of that Aerobic SpiderMan under your name there. Is there something we can do for you? Get you a New Balance 680 Cross-Trainer? Or a ConAir Deluxe Foot Massager? Talk about having a full plate. Wow........

Originally posted by shoeman
    Steve: In your situation, I would like to get you into an athletic shoe. ... Two styles I think of right away are the Nike Monarch and the New Balance 680.
    Shoeman:

I tried on a pair of Nike Monarch II shoes and they felt pretty good. I didn't buy them though, wanted to ask you if the Monarch II is the same Monarch you were refering to?

Couldn't find anyone locally selling the New Balance 680. One New Balance dealer wanted to sell me some 1020s or something like that. He said it has some sort of additional arch support. Another dealer said he didn't have them so I asked if you could order them and he said "yes". Then I asked how much they would be and he said he would have to go look that up - but said it with a tone like that would be way too much work. I told him not to bother and thanks anyway.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast