Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Shoeman - The Shoe Thread

Hi Steve: Yes, the Monarch II is the same style I was talking about before. That is the newer release of the Monarch. Glad to hear you found them comfortable, many guys like it as soon as they put it on............Meanwhile, let me tell you that New Balance "grades" the performance of their athletic shoes by a numerical code. Generally, the greater the number, the better the performance. Hence you could expect the 1020 to cost more than the 680, etc. But you may want to experiment with more New Balance running and cross-training styles. Their reputation is good, I sell more New Balance than any other athletic brand. Still, I won't be surprised if the Monarch wins out in your search. Again, I just want you to have the best cushioning for your work setting. Best regards, John

Hi Shoeman!

Did I miss welcoming you to the board? Oh, man! CRS (can't remember stuff) attack..I'm sorry--well, anyway, welcome!

Hey, what's your opinion of Saucony?
    I run, and walk, but have high arches and pronate inward on the heel.
    I'm about due for new athletic shoes.
    What do you recommend?

Kim

LOL!
    Goo can tell you what shoes I usually wear (page 42 Fixxture faces)
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Hi Kim! Yes, you did give me a welcome on Page 2 of this thread, thanks. But you guys can welcome me as often as you want, I love this place. Concerning Saucony athletic shoes, in all honesty I hesitate to recommend them. A few other brands have them beat on performance IMHO. For your consideration, I want to suggest the Adidas Response. That is a running shoe that I also recommended to our friend preciousstone75 on an earlier occasion. But I don't want to stop there. Allow me to give this some study, I'd like to ponder your pronation issue. So meanwhile, if you will, list some of the athletic footwear you have now so I can get some data on this. And that would help me serve you better...........Meanwhile, I did see the pic of you in the woods, holding the trendy high-heel. My friend, I promise you that will not enable you to outrun those monsters and beasts. A Nike or New Balance All-Terrain running shoe is best for that situation. Fortunately, it appears that the "Gooo-monster" didn't pose much of a threat to you [ chuckle ]

Hmmm...black sneakers are hard to come by, so I've been through a few varieties of Reebok's in the past--always had to buy arch supports to tuck in them, and their leather quality is...well..rubbish. I'll wear other than black, though...based on your recommendation.
    Have blazed through the many varieties of Saucony. Liked the Insteps, for walking, but they changed the materials in them not long ago, and they aren't as nice/lasting as they used to be. The running ones, have that grid system they tout in the sole...don't notice anything particularly fab about it. I will tell you that where I run/walk, there is a mix of paved and gravel roads.
    As far as the Gooo monster...LOL!

Kim
    ~Dalai Lama

~Adam Savage

Please bear with me, Kim. Will be taking a little more time for a follow-up recommendation on this. I want to be sure to use careful judgment. Preventing injury is my #1 priority. Thanks for your patience.

(skulks around quietly in the shadows) ...did someone whisper 'the Goo monster'? (sly grin, sniffs the air to keep following the scent) slips into the darkness only to lastly see the cheep Nike ACG Air's walk away...

This seems so funny to me...I mean you guys being so serious about shoes and all. I know, I know, it IS important. So...a couple of years ago I was shopping for running shoes at the mall and was talked into a pair of Rykas (the Sole Ride model) by a couple of female salesladies. I think I paid about $100. Was I taken for a ride? I'm still using them and they seem fine to me... (but I really don't run that much).

...as long as we're on the subject....
    Cyg
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

I have never found a pair of athletic shoes that felt comfortable other than a $6.00 pair I bought at some odd store off a rack of thousands and thousands of discount shoes. I wish I could find another pair like those, they certainly proved that it's not the price that determines comfort.

I find shoes a lot of fun, and so many are little works of art these days vs. actual footware, but they look interesting.
    I am the winner in any event.

Originally posted by msmith1
    Hmmm...black sneakers are hard to come by, so I've been through a few varieties of Reebok's in the past--always had to buy arch supports to tuck in them, and their leather quality is...well..rubbish. I'll wear other than black, though...based on your recommendation.
    Have blazed through the many varieties of Saucony. Liked the Insteps, for walking, but they changed the materials in them not long ago, and they aren't as nice/lasting as they used to be. The running ones, have that grid system they tout in the sole...don't notice anything particularly fab about it. I will tell you that where I run/walk, there is a mix of paved and gravel roads.
    As far as the Gooo monster...LOL!

Kim
    Back again, Kim. In addition to the Adidas Response, I have two more styles to recommend. Let me begin with the New Balance 707 running shoe. This shoe includes their patented Abzorb feature, I thought this would provide good stability, heel support, cushioning and durability. I also like this for the surface that you run on. Secondly, allow me to suggest the Asics Gel-Trekker. This should also keep you stable as you run, and I like to recommend Asics; they do a lot for competitive runners and are very serious when it comes to heel construction in their footwear. Also, I believe these two styles would give you an upgrade without costing too much money. Let me encourage you to browse their web-sites also: newbalance.com and asicsamerica.com.........You will note that some of the other Asics styles come with a feature called the Personal Heel Fit. Kim, for best results, you may wish to experiment with other styles that I have not mentioned here. Be patient and put each selection to the test when you try them on. Take care of that foot by only purchasing a shoe that has a lot to offer. Hope this helps.

Hi John!

Thank you so much for your time and effort looking into this! (big hug)
    I will check out Asics, New Balance, and Adidas, too, and let you know what I discover. If you ever need any pictures framed, let me know...

Personal Heel Fit...is that similar to what Ryka touts? Something about most athletic shoes being based off a mould of a man's foot, which has a wider achilles/heel area than a lady's? True?

Oh, can folks order shoes from you? Retail is quite a gig, I know.

"Thinking on my feet" (I know, ooo-groan, but I love wordplay) :>)ummm...now...what sexy, high-heeled stripper shoe do you recommend? Can't disappoint those monsters in the woods...LOL!

Kim
    Last edited by msmith1; 11-17-2005 at 07:24 AM.
    ~Dalai Lama

~Adam Savage

(You hear a long echoing howl)

Originally posted by msmith1
    ...If you ever need any pictures framed, let me know...

I've got a closet full of things I need framed.

Shipping is too unkind for framed artwork unfortunately.

Originally posted by Gooo
    (skulks around quietly in the shadows) ...did someone whisper 'the Goo monster'? (sly grin, sniffs the air to keep following the scent) slips into the darkness only to lastly see the cheep Nike ACG Air's walk away...
    Love the humor, Gooo. Keep it coming. Funny you should mention Nike All Conditions Gear footwear. I discovered one called the Air Terminus, regular price on that bad boy was $95.00. When it went to clearance price I bought it and it is still going strong!! And oh yes, perfect for running through the woods, whether being pursued or not......

Originally posted by Cygnet
    This seems so funny to me...I mean you guys being so serious about shoes and all. I know, I know, it IS important. So...a couple of years ago I was shopping for running shoes at the mall and was talked into a pair of Rykas (the Sole Ride model) by a couple of female salesladies. I think I paid about $100. Was I taken for a ride? I'm still using them and they seem fine to me... (but I really don't run that much).

...as long as we're on the subject....
    Cyg
    Catching up on these questions here.......Yes, Rhonda, you may have paid too much for that Ryka. Still, it's good that they're holding up for you. Durability scores a lot of points with me. However, I like to see people get a quality athletic shoe and pay less than 70 for it. Just a thought for you, the next time you need an athletic, try on some cross-training styles. They would offer you side-to-side movement as well as forward movement. Running shoes are generally built for forward movement only.

Originally posted by shoeman
    next time you need an athletic, try on some cross-training styles. They would offer you side-to-side movement as well as forward movement. Running shoes are generally built for forward movement only.
    Thanks, John. I didn't know that.
    So what do you think about when you're not thinking about shoes? Thank you for being so generous with your advice to everyone here!
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast