Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Shoeman - The Shoe Thread

This will come as no surprise. When I'm not thinking about shoes, I'm thinking about The Fixx. Play their CD's on the drive home. "Deeper And Deeper" is a MUST in rush-hour traffic. Yeah, the more we know about footwear the better. Recently, I had a lady who wanted to buy a running shoe for her son to play basketball in. I had to discourage that. "Forward movement only" won't work in that situation. There is a risk of injury there, he could turn his ankle or something. Get a basketball shoe. They are designed for those quick cuts on the court.

Amazing!
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Yes! Maybe we should call him our Shoefixxerupper.

Love that, Pete! Very brilliant......

Originally posted by The Queen
    I have never found a pair of athletic shoes that felt comfortable other than a $6.00 pair I bought at some odd store off a rack of thousands and thousands of discount shoes. I wish I could find another pair like those, they certainly proved that it's not the price that determines comfort.

I find shoes a lot of fun, and so many are little works of art these days vs. actual footware, but they look interesting.
    My Queen! May I approach the throne? Your humble servant, Shoeman the White Knight, doth declare that only the best footwear will do for your delicate royal feet. But I must say that Your Highness has a sharp eye for bargains. My congratulations to you. Thou dost reign over us with true wisdom.......

:thumbsup:
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Shoeman,

Flattery will get you EVERYWHERE!!!!
    I am the winner in any event.

Originally posted by msmith1
    Hi John!

Thank you so much for your time and effort looking into this! (big hug)
    I will check out Asics, New Balance, and Adidas, too, and let you know what I discover. If you ever need any pictures framed, let me know...

Personal Heel Fit...is that similar to what Ryka touts? Something about most athletic shoes being based off a mould of a man's foot, which has a wider achilles/heel area than a lady's? True?

Oh, can folks order shoes from you? Retail is quite a gig, I know.

"Thinking on my feet" (I know, ooo-groan, but I love wordplay) :>)ummm...now...what sexy, high-heeled stripper shoe do you recommend? Can't disappoint those monsters in the woods...LOL!

Kim
    Hi Kim, once again I appreciate your patience. To answer your questions here-----First, I do not find a heel construction technology from Ryka that matches up to Asics' Personal Heel Fit. But that feature from the Asics people stresses the ability of the heel area in the shoe to conform to the shape of the individual's foot. Performance-wise, I do give Asics the edge over Ryka, JMO. However, I would like to recommend two styles from Ryka for you to consider. Those being the N-Gage, which was designed for runners with a high arch like yours. And also the KM-7, a style that was made with pronators in mind. (Wouldn't that be something, for KIM to get the KM-7!!!). At my store, we have only the Solace women's running shoe from Ryka, and in my judgment that would not deliver enough performance for you-----Second Question, yes I can do shoe orders for people IF my company has the style they want and their size is still out there. "Quite a gig?" Oh yeah-----Thirdly, I have e-mailed a shoe manufacturer in search of a stripper style for you. Still waiting to hear back from them. We had some at my place, but they sold out!! So I was not able to search that for you by the numerical code. But at least this delay will confuse the dreaded Gooo-Monster, for the moment.......Finally, I had something I wanted to frame, but not sure how to work that out. Thanks, very kind of you. John

I think I love you, Shoeman.

A long time ago - in a world far away - I was very, very much into running - and shoes . . .

and, I must say this - Shoeman does know his **** - he is well informed and is not steering you wrong. Every piece of advice that he delivers is a flashback to me, taking me back into the happiest time of my life.

funny thing is . . . my "shoeman" is the same guy who turned me on to the FIXX . . .

the Lord does work in mysterious ways.

And - I DO love shoes - from my favourite Sauconys- to my clunky boots - to my spiky o-so non-sensibles= ones.

I love you Shoeman . . . and I love shoes . . .
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Thank you so much, John!

Hmmm...KM-7... and I wear size 7 shoes... serendipity?
    I'll follow your great and much appreciated advice, look into those different running shoes, and let you know the end result.
    LOL! Can't wait to see those fun, non-sensible, high heels!

Kim
    My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
    ~Dalai Lama

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    ~Adam Savage

Thanks to our very own shoeman, I'm sporting some new Nike Air Monarch IIs.

They are everything I needed them to be. Very comfortable and loaded with softness, particularly at the heel.

Thanks shoeman!!

Steve

Originally posted by pippi617
    I think I love you, Shoeman.

A long time ago - in a world far away - I was very, very much into running - and shoes . . .

and, I must say this - Shoeman does know his **** - he is well informed and is not steering you wrong. Every piece of advice that he delivers is a flashback to me, taking me back into the happiest time of my life.

funny thing is . . . my "shoeman" is the same guy who turned me on to the FIXX . . .

the Lord does work in mysterious ways.

And - I DO love shoes - from my favourite Sauconys- to my clunky boots - to my spiky o-so non-sensibles= ones.

I love you Shoeman . . . and I love shoes . . .
    Oh pippi, my darling, I wuv you too [ sigh ] [ blush ]......And your words of affection are gladly received, since I'm getting snarled at constantly this time of year. Your message had the power to heal, thanks. Only too happy to do what I can for all of you. Must take good care of those "Gypsy Feet" that will be marching themselves to the next Fixx concert. And pippi, may you re-live your happiest moments at every opportunity, with still greater moments yet to come your way.....Good night, sweetheart.

Originally posted by msmith1
    Thank you so much, John!

Hmmm...KM-7... and I wear size 7 shoes... serendipity?
    I'll follow your great and much appreciated advice, look into those different running shoes, and let you know the end result.
    LOL! Can't wait to see those fun, non-sensible, high heels!

Kim
    Kim, still waiting to hear from the manufacturer. Will see what I can do to take another route and find out more. Bear with me again......

Originally posted by Steve Pariseau
    Thanks to our very own shoeman, I'm sporting some new Nike Air Monarch IIs.

They are everything I needed them to be. Very comfortable and loaded with softness, particularly at the heel.

Thanks shoeman!!

Steve
    You bet, Steve! I'm so proud for you.

Hello Mr. Shoeman ( + Fixxtures)!

May I tell you all a little story about a special kind of shoe from Austria...

It is a traditionel shoe (called the Goiserer) that is just made in a small town called Bad Goisern, not far away from Salzburg. It is made for going into the montains and every shoe is individual. When I was in Goisern and asked for such a pair of shoes the shoemaker told me that I have to wait two or three month to get them.
    Please notice the nails!!!

What's (IMO) so interesting about this small Town Goisern is, that they really have a lot of good musicians. The Reason: They seem to have a good feeling of rythm because of listening to that hammering nails into the shoes. They keep the old, traditionell music of that special region alive!

Take care,
    Heimo
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by heimo; 12-07-2005 at 12:34 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast