Thread: johninpittsburgh

johninpittsburgh

Needless to say I think this is one of the better bands of any period in time, the music of 20 years ago, along with the latest album (want that life) has a timeless perspective, They're live performances are a thing to behold.It's great to see professional musicians that still can mesmerize a crowd. (Pittsburgh's Hard Rock Show) what a treat.

About me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

John lives in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, Is a aircraft mechanic, along with being a pilot, owns a restoration shop north of Pittsburgh, that specializes in the restoration of English and German automobiles. And I enjoy cars to the MAX, Thanks to the people that run this site quite well, and have put it here for our enjoyment,

ALso thanks to the FIXX, for still touring, and doing that with the best of professionalism. I myself ,will always be the first in line to see them play.. Look forward to seeing everyone in Washington D.C.. on July 21st at club 930 THanks Again John in Pittsburgh
    johninpittsburgh

Welcome to the fold, John! Enjoy your stay!

John,
    Welcome aboard and have some fun here!!!

Geoff [A former Pennsylvanian now in Iowa]
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Welcome!
    Bash,
    Co-Founder, B.A.A.S.
    Born Again Atheists Society

WELCOME ABOARD....

Welcome John. Glad you found us!

Welcome my young padawan..... Just messin, but welcome to the board!!!

Talking

Originally posted by Clive3
    Welcome my young padawan.....
    "my young padawan"?
    Somethin' tells me John is twice your age there Clive-O

guessing john's age

Steve John feels unbelievably young, especially since MAGGIE's gone..............................

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Riddance to the Magster (MAGGIE) hope she ends up in the Rehab facility of her choice...........

BUT Everyone's welcome to take a Guess......at john's age

His flight log book has more hours than his age by far.
    johninpittsburgh

And who might Maggie be?

Do fill us in.

reply to What's a Magster

She is one of the most beautiful people I have ever had the pleasure of sharing ones Company with, just after eight years her little problem with the haughty taughty wine bottle got to be a little too much.

And I do hope that she checks in to the rehab facility of her choice,

Yes ,I do feel younger, minus her,enough to go do the things I like. (see bands that I missed in the 80's and 90's (THE FIXX))

I fly better, But we all know that's because of the autopilot.

And here's a piece of advice for those that can read. DON'T EVER THINK YOU AS A PERSON CAN COMPETE WITH A SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROBLEM, IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Also when landing your plane, USE THE CHECKLIST, AND PUT THE F**KING LANDING GEAR DOWN. YES DOWN. REMEMBER FUEL WEIGHS 8LBS A GALLON..........

See you bye, from john in pittsburgh, on a rainy overcast day (Yes just like a typical Boston Day)
    johninpittsburgh

O.K. Let's go to something different

What year Stratocaster Does Jamie West-Oram Play?

Is the finish original? or has it been stripped?

and What effects does he use? GUITAR EFFECTS

What kind of pick-ups?

If there are any of the roadies out there that would know, Please DO Tell, Or if Jamie reads this, Please DO Tell.

From A Enquiring Mind.....................................Yes, Strats are best.

It is in my opinion, that he as a guitar player, just plays extraordinarily well , on a virtuoso level , as was seen in Pittsburgh at the hard rock cafe.

They were all on the money that night, it's just that he was exemplary that night, especially mid set.....

Pleasure ,,,,,,,,,,,John in Pittsburgh
    johninpittsburgh

Be nice Steve, not my fault i was born in the 80's :P

Woody is a Schechter strat. He used to have a gorgeous dark finish with gold mirrored pick guard, but Woody's been a well-used guitar for about 20 years now. Woody's coolest modification is a Floyd Rose tremolo system. I believe he has EMG-SA pickups. Diamond05 and others have written more about Woody here - might run a search on the word guitar and see what comes up.
    Bash,
    Co-Founder, B.A.A.S.
    Born Again Atheists Society

DON'T EVER THINK YOU AS A PERSON CAN COMPETE WITH A SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROBLEM, IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

John... some of us know this all too well....

If it comes down to the liquor(or whtever has a hold on this person) or you... UNTIL this person is willing and ready to accept reality.... YOU , will never win... because that person is not having a love affair with you...you are only a mere second choice....

The book "Under the Influence"... explains it ..in clear and concise undestanding.... if you have not read it .... I highly sugguest it ...Jeanne