Thread: What I can do from far away...

What I can do from far away...

You can not imagine how interested or excited most of my friends have been after I told them about my trip to California in march and meeting some of you.

I always buy every copy of a fixx-cd in a second hand record store because I can not leave a fixx-cd back in a store without my heart bleeding. So I always have a lot of "Giveaways" at home. The last few days a lot of people asked me to tell them about the band and after a listen they seemed to be very positive surprised.

What I would like to tell you: The Fixx are playing in Washington DC in July, right? Watch out for a blond german girl called Karin. She has to come over to the USA from time to time because of her job. She will be in Washington right at that time. And she will go to see the Fixx...

I am sure she will come back as a big fan and join the board!!!

WHAT CAN YOU DO ?????????

Sounds like you are doing all in your power to spead the word and the music!!!!!

Well imfrom the community around... Coworkers/ frineds/family/etc..

Anything you do helps the boys.

Re: What I can do from far away...

I know that pained feeling too! I buy up as many copies as I am able to for gifts to friends, but I don't see too many used CD's these days. My guess is that word is out that the band is indeed still around and people are getting in touch with their Fixxations.....once again.

The DC show is actually in Annapolis, so it is nearby, and I'm trying to go myself. I will look out for a blonde German femme fatale....

Sounds like a great summer already!

Originally posted by heimo
    Y
    ..... I can not leave a fixx-cd back in a store without my heart bleeding.

What I would like to tell you: The Fixx are playing in Washington DC in July, right? Watch out for a blond german girl called Karin. She has to come over to the USA from time to time because of her job. She will be in Washington right at that time. And she will go to see the Fixx...

I am sure she will come back as a big fan and join the board!!!
    I am the winner in any event.

Smile You Are Doing A Great Job

Hello Heimo,

When The Fixx become big again, we will need you as the European journalist to write about all the concerts abroad.

Fixxation

Re: You Are Doing A Great Job

Originally posted by Fixxation
    Hello Heimo,

When The Fixx become big again, we will need you as the European journalist to write about all the concerts abroad.

Fixxation
    Absolutely! And as the "overseas" street team liason!

You are doing a lot, Heimo...thanks (from all of us who want to see U2 open for theFIXX someday )
    ...It's what you WILL find...you WILL find...

Re: You Are Doing A Great Job

Originally posted by Fixxation
    Hello Heimo,

Fixxation
    I am ready. But you said it right, Fixxation. I am a writer. So who is going to photograph?

Re: Re: You Are Doing A Great Job

Originally posted by heimo
    I am ready. But you said it right, Fixxation. I am a writer. So who is going to photograph?
    I will!
    .... wait... I have 5 kids...
    (aw, maybe they'll be grown by then!)

Bash seems to capture the boys very well - she can be our West Coast Photographer - I will be her assistant.
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

BASH for sure..... she has an amazing way of capturing the guys spirits ....

She sure does!

Re: Re: Re: You Are Doing A Great Job

Originally posted by Cygnet
    I will!
    .... wait... I have 5 kids...
    (aw, maybe they'll be grown by then!)

Sounds sad, but realistic, Cygnet. Observing the music scene in europe it would surprise me to see the Fixx become big again. But maybe the new album will help to bring them back in small places in our big european cities.

Because they are from england i could imagine them beeing interested to play in some cities in europe again...

I always have the feeling that this board and its members represent the fan basis very good. Let me count: something about 7 uk members, guido from the netherlands and me from germany?

It's a shame!

Don't feel bad. I think in the next five years, you're going to see the whole "Fixx" thing grow like a newborn. Just you wait! It's my goal to see "The Fixx" become a household name in the world. Yes, I know I'm crazy, but it's okay...my doctor knows.

Originally posted by Cygnet
    ...Yes, I know I'm crazy, but it's okay...my doctor knows.
    LMAO

Thanks Cygie!
    I needed a hefty laugh

Lovin' you