View Poll Results: Which of these songs do you like the most?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Time In A Glass

12 21.05%
  • Some People

13 22.81%
  • Going Overboard

10 17.54%
  • Rediscover

5 8.77%
  • Never Mind What You Leave Behind

2 3.51%
  • Elected

5 8.77%
  • Life's What's Killing Me

2 3.51%
  • Brave

8 14.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote - Save a Fixx Song

Vote - Save a Fixx Song

Oh about a month ago I put up Polls for everyone to vote for their favourite Fixx song. Sadly, there are a couple Fixx tunes that still have NO votes (at the time of this writing). Here's the Poll where you can "Save a Fixx Song" from being the lonliest of them all.

Which of these Fixx songs do you like the most?

I'm not including the rare live songs from the Odds & Ends Poll. Just songs that were actually available to buy on a somewhat wide scale be it through an import or a 12" single purchase.

WEll... since I have never heard half of them .. I had to vote for BRAVE because I love the lyrics very much... and I don't even have children... but they move me..

I've picked Rediscover as I have always liked it.

I voted "Elected"....or should that be I "Elected" to vote for "Elected"...Whatever...I like all the songs on the list but like "Elected" more than the others for the purpose of this poll.
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

I like these songs except "Elected" and "Never mind....". I will vote for "Rediscover" because I always love the bass on that track...

Some People. I love the placement on Shuttered Room (at least the US release). Some People has a very fast tempo, and when it ends, Stand Or Fall begins with such a great contrast - Jamie's brilliant guitar sound, then Rupert's atmospheric keys. Wow. It blew me away the first time I listened to the album.

Some People may not be the most popular song, but I like the fast tempo, the lyrics, and the song in general.

Thumbs up

I guess it makes sense that these songs didn't get a vote. Some of them my fellow fixxtures never heard of and then there are the ones that will continue to stay unpopular within the forum no matter what (LTKM, SP). I voted for Going Overboard simply for it's hard attacking lyrics by Cy when it first starts along with the beat. It simply grabs your attention. It's also a song that should have made the cut on there album instead of a B-side. Anyway, I would have to give honorable mentions to Time in a Glass and Rediscover but Overboard gets my final vote in a close poll.

Time In A Glass - it should've been left on the U.S. version of Shuttered Room. Great tune.

tiag or reDisc?

toss up between TIAGlass and rediscover-

i bought SRoom while in school in London, but i didnt get to play it til i got home in late Dec... then i played it 10 million times, and wondered why the F*ck this wasnt on the LP.... still puzzles me- the lighthouse of the early works!

rediscover, i truly never knew existed til i found the s separation 12" in a bargain bin a few years back, reminds me of do what u can- only seemed to be missing that one little part to put it over the top. So i pull out that song when i am feeling all "human-y"- hows that for a new word?

So i think i have to say TIAG still made more of a dent in my fixx brain.

done!

How is Elected winning in votes?! I'm stunned. Did I wake up in Bizarroville?

Question Elected???

I agree with tenohtwo. How is that song winning in votes? I think its a cute political song but not better than probably three or four of the songs on the list. I'm sorry but Elected should not be "elected" for the second round. It should either be TIAG, ReD, or my choice, GO.

If "Elected" wins, it should be "Impeached".

I'll be here all week.

Yes tenohtwo, I agree! I would not only impeach, but request a recount.

Do we have a lot of Florida Fixxtures?

Originally posted by tenohtwo
    How is Elected winning in votes?! I'm stunned. Did I wake up in Bizarroville?

The only thing I can think of is that there are a couple users with multiple screen names that may fancy Elected.

As for me, I voted for Never Mind What You Leave Behind but it was a very close call between that and Going Overboard and Life's What's Killing Me. I just may change my vote soon. We'll see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast