Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Invisible Mode

I think there are a million different reasons why we all have used invisible mod now and then ... all of them valid.

Originally posted by SilentGeoff
    ...Would you have joined this board in the first place if the invisibility factor wasn't there when you joined?
    Geoff: There can be no logical answer to this question. For her to answer "NO" would not be honest. For her to answer "YES" would completely negate everything she has fought for thus far. So I wouldn't push the "answer the question" issue.

Pippi: Those were very kind things you said about finding the comfort of our friends presence. I too share these feelings.

Bash wrote..."Do you really mean to show those who need privacy the door?" To qoute William Shatner in Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country, "People can be frightened of change". We're talking about having a moniker appear at the bottom of the screen in fine print. It is not your REAL name anyway. For someone who is one of our top posters and has her moniker on just about every thread therein, for someone who has their own website and has shared it with us all, for someone who even sells your own line of t-shirts with your own logo on them, I find it hard to believe that having your moniker in fine print at the bottom of the screen is really compromising the "privacy" that you claim it is. I love you Bash as a friend that I hold dear, but neither I, nor the other two Moderators, will be bullied into bringing back invisible mode just because you threaten to leave us. You really are making a mountain out of a molehill. Sometimes you've just got to let it go.

And in response to Alannah's comment "Life is indeed too bloody short to let things like that affect you that much" the song by the Eagles comes to mind "Get Over It".

Originally posted by deBASHmode
    Bet you'll be seeing a lot more of this around here - isn't this exciting????

There seems to be more members on now than in a long time. In fact, with guests included, there are 27 active users right this minute (there were 29 a minute ago). Not bad.

Steve, I'm not bullying, I'm just arguing that your decision may exclude people - obviously you don't care about that, so hey, more power to ya. Obviously I haven't left - no where did I say I would if invisible didn't come back, although I may be forced to.

Thanks for your sensitive understanding and making EVERYONE feel safe here. Much appreciated.
    Bash,
    Co-Founder, B.A.A.S.
    Born Again Atheists Society

I just love a good debate . . .

even a family has different opinions -

as a Gemini I tend to see all sides -

As I said before, while I love seeing the other FIXXtures on board - I do understand others need/desire for privacy.

to each his own - I love you all.

pip

Happy Birthday Jack
    ~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

even a family has different opinions -

That is very true.....

as a Gemini I tend to see all sides
    only because our twins are constantly on opposing side and we have no choice but to see Two different views,.,,,HA! LOL!!

to each his own - I love you all.

ME TOO!! xo

Welcome to the world, baby Jack!!!

Congratulations...
    Last edited by Jeanne Thelen; 05-04-2005 at 11:34 AM.

I'm seeing both sides of this coin as well... I participate on a couple of other boards and I have often found it useful to be cloaked.

However, as it is with most boards, whoever owns and/or runs the board makes all the decisions and it is NEVER a democracy. We as posters do not have ANY rights, except that we have the choice to either abide by the rules and use the board, or not... whether or not they be diplomatic.

This issue has come up time and time and time again on other boards I frequent and it is always proven that those in charge will do as they please because the board is THEIRS to do with as they please... we should be thankful we have a place to gather... if it is not to our liking, we always have the choice of creating our own boards and running them as WE see fit.

I hope no one takes this post the wrong way, as I'm not trying to take any sides here. I like the option of invisibility... but if it is gone, then it is gone. Pick up and carry on...

Originally posted by Rain
    I hope no one takes this post the wrong way, as I'm not trying to take any sides here. I like the option of invisibility... but if it is gone, then it is gone. Pick up and carry on...
    Well said Rain. Personally speaking, I prefer it now that the option is gone, because now that we can all be seen. I feel that puts us all under equal terms, but this is just my own personal point of view.

Again, I don't mean any disrespect to anyone who is upset about this option being gone. Everyone is different.

However I do hope we can all get past this eventually and go back to enjoying this messageboard. If it wasn't for this place, I would have never met so many of you lovely people during my trip to California and Vegas!

Peace

Originally posted by Alannah86
    However I do hope we can all get past this eventually and go back to enjoying this messageboard. If it wasn't for this place, I would have never met so many of you lovely people during my trip to California and Vegas!

Peace

Now, see!!! That was the most beautiful positive statement I have heard today! I haven't "seen" you yet, Alannah, but I am sure you're just as great in person as you are in words!

All that aside, how about the fact that some of us have pictures posted under fixxture faces? It's kinda a moot point. I'd be more concerned about others seeing my mug than my words. To each his/her own. Glad to know you all regardless.

BTW- Bash, smooches dear. Not beating up on anyone or anything. I know how it is to have folks clown you on boards (or on messenger!), and I do understand. Hope this will sit well with you soon. Don't forget to laugh and think of something REALLY stupid!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Well said, Alannah.. and I agree..

At first... I was mostly upset that the option had been taken away without notice...

I mean who doesn't like their privacy?? or at least the option ????

and I do see both side of the coin .... all points are very valid ...

BUT ...

The decison has been made ..and like Alannah said ..it puts us all on equal ground...

Let's just move on .. and get back to the business of being friends and what brought us all together in the first place....

peace(too)

Originally posted by preciousstone75
    Now, see!!! That was the most beautiful positive statement I have heard today! I haven't "seen" you yet, Alannah, but I am sure you're just as great in person as you are in words!
    Precious, I am very touched by your kind words. Thank you!
    I hope maybe one day we'll meet in person. But if not, it's nice to know you virtually You are a lovely person.

Arrow

Originally posted by dejapete
    Good. I'm not crazy.

Does anyone know where my glasses are?
    I called Times 0ut !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345