Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hit Me Baby One More Time

I have watched the show for the first two weeks and it seems like whoever does a rap version of a song, wins. I would not want the see The Fixx do a show like this. There is no reason to.

By the way, Howard Jones is on next week. Michelle

In the water barrel just off of 80/94 (the former disaster, now vastly improved Borman Expressway) and now blissfully wed
    I about puked when Vanilla Ice won. The Knack's version of "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" was decent, even if the lead singer couldn't hit the high ones, but they should have won.
    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. - Thomas Jefferson's first Inaugural Address, 1801

i wrote this on the other thread, but...

Having watched the show- I thought The Knack and Tommy Tutone did well. I also thought Haddaway did well. The Motels- I always loved the Motels. Love Martha Davis. Own everything of theirs.

And Vanilla Ice wins it??? What drugs are these people on?

I would enjoy the show much more if it weren't coming across as cheesy. Notice how at the same point in everyone's song they make the audience noise louder? And the announcer has got to go. And the voting has just got to go, because anyone who picks a blatant rip off song (where they've even exclaimed it's a completely different song- yeah, right) should not deserve to win.

And yet, I continue to watch this stupid show...

In the water barrel just off of 80/94 (the former disaster, now vastly improved Borman Expressway) and now blissfully wed
    Originally posted by fotolinda
    i wrote this on the other thread, but...

Having watched the show- I thought The Knack and Tommy Tutone did well. I also thought Haddaway did well. The Motels- I always loved the Motels. Love Martha Davis. Own everything of theirs.
    Tutone's voice is pretty much shot. Haddaway was decent. Motels' version of the new song they did (don't remember the Norah Jones song) was a faster version and didn't come across well.

The Knack should have won.
    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. - Thomas Jefferson's first Inaugural Address, 1801

I just do not see them doing something like "Hit Me One More Time"
    It does not seem to be the sort of program that walks hand in hand with the bands integrity....
    amen.
    The Fixx have NO desire to do this program.
    Yes, they were asked.

Originally posted by thefixxdotcom
    amen.
    The Fixx have NO desire to do this program.
    Yes, they were asked.
    Thank G-d there's a bit of decency in this world! Kudos to the band for not succumbing to such trash!

And with those words, I will prepare to see them TWICE next month...

amen!!!!

THANK YOU FOR MAINTAINING YOUR INTEGRITY!!!!
    Last edited by Jeanne Thelen; 06-15-2005 at 12:05 PM.

It's good to know that they would not have considered such rubbish. Doesn't surprise me one bit that they turned it down.
    Last edited by Alannah86; 06-14-2005 at 03:52 PM.

Oh, well. They don't want to do it. I for one think a show like this is great publicity.

It's not about winning any contestent. It's about reaching millions of American's. It's free advertising. We all know the Fixx would come out looking great after appearing on this show it's not like they haven't been performing for 25 years. The guys look great and sound great so what is the risk.

Seriously? So what if you lose to Vanilla Ice. I think most people realize that you can't compare Vanilla Ice to any rock band.

Howard Jones thinks enough of it to do the English version and now the US Version. Loverboy's website ended up crashing because of all the webhits the show generated.

All the Fixx has to do is go on that show and in the segment where they talk about what the bands been doing in recent years say - Within the last year we had a new cd Want That Life. Thousands of cds would be sold within one week of their appearance. I bet most do not even realize that Want that Life was released.

I have read on the website in the boards where countless people say they want to see the Fixx on that show. Take it for what you want.

Did Cy really say that about the Flock of Seagulls.....sounds very arrogant to me?

Week 3 lineup, with the tunes of their own they're doing and their cover:

Cameo - Word Up; 1985 (Bowling for Soup)
    Howard Jones - No One Is To Blame; White Flag (Dido)
    Irene Cara - What a Feeling; I'm Outta Love (Anastacia)
    Sophie B. Hawkins - Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover; 100 Years (Five for Fighting)
    Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight; Hot in Herre (Nelly)

It is nice to see 80's bands getting some good press, but I wonder what the real purpose of all this was.

There would be no contest if the Fixx were on there!!! They'd win, hands down!
    I am the winner in any event.

NO DOUBT!!!

AND I DO NOT MEAN THE BAND... NO DOUBT

Originally posted by Crucified
    Did Cy really say that about the Flock of Seagulls.....sounds very arrogant to me?

If one is unjustifiably arrogant, that's one thing.

But like my daddy always says, "If you're good - and you know it - that's not bragging".

I just love arrogance.

~Bathe In A Turning Tide~

Actually, with how stupid the audiences have been, I really think the Fixx wouldn't win. I mean, really, Vanilla Ice?!?!

BWAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! I hate Vanilla Ice!

Originally posted by fotolinda
    I mean, really, Vanilla Ice?!?!
    I am the winner in any event.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast