Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Hit Me Baby One More Time

If you think it is justified.

Anyways, to say this show is beneath them is crazy. You are talking about a band that did a compilation cd which featured Jackie Chan singing lead vocals on too. The same cd they did a cover - These Boots Are Made For Walking. So they can do a cover.

Hey, I am a Fixx Fan but not an arrogant Fixx fan.
    Last edited by Crucified; 06-15-2005 at 10:17 AM.

From the 80s Nuts newsletter--

"Night Ranger have reportedly pulled out of their appearance on NBC's Hit Me Baby, One More Time. A replacement for the band hasn't been named yet. According to Jeff Watson, the band submitted and re-submitted 7 to 10 songs to perform as their second song but less than 48 hours before they were supposed to fly out to film the show none had been cleared for use by the composer and publisher."
    Last edited by SilentGeoff; 06-15-2005 at 10:38 AM.
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

this is great publicity.

Sorry .. I don't agree..

There are other ways of getting publicity, and to promote their music, then this cheap stunt... and I , for one, am glad they did not do it.....

Originally posted by fotolinda
    Actually, with how stupid the audiences have been, I really think the Fixx wouldn't win. I mean, really, Vanilla Ice?!?!
    Really!
    Vanilla Ice did a rap and that's what's hip with the kids these days. That's why he won. The Fixx could do the best on the show but fling in a Murray Head doing Jungle Love and Murray would win it simply for the funk of the tune and the danceablitly.

Like Crucified said, it's not about winning on this show, I think it is more about getting the word out that you are still making music. I understand the reasons the Fixx turned the offer down, but I agree with Crucified, it would be good exposure for the Fixx as MILLIONS of people young and old are watching the show. Especially, the 80s children who grew up with this music.

btw, the two threads are about to merge...

Who knows? Perhaps the relative success of the ratings for this show will increase an awareness in legacy acts amongst the networks. Show bookers might look a little more kindly when scheduling shows like Leno or Regis, where folks can do new original tunes rather than covers...

Irene Cara?!?!?! Wtf is the audience smoking???

Sheesh!

In the water barrel just off of 80/94 (the former disaster, now vastly improved Borman Expressway) and now blissfully wed
    Howard should have won. I would have preferred him to do "What is Love?" because it's a much better song than "No One Is to Blame" but he did a decent cover.

Cameo butchered 1985, Sophie's a bit too full of herself, and I don't have a freaking clue why Wang Chung did a Nelly song.

And Irene sucked in the early '80's. At least that's a constant.
    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. - Thomas Jefferson's first Inaugural Address, 1801

Originally posted by Zakath
    Howard should have won. I would have preferred him to do "What is Love?" because it's a much better song than "No One Is to Blame" but he did a decent cover.
    On the UK version of this show. Howard Jones lost to Tifanny!

In the water barrel just off of 80/94 (the former disaster, now vastly improved Borman Expressway) and now blissfully wed
    Originally posted by Alannah86
    On the UK version of this show. Howard Jones lost to Tifanny!
    Nice to see mass stupidity reigns on both sides of the Big Pond. Makes me so hopeful about the future of the planet.
    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. - GH 1943-2001

A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. - Thomas Jefferson's first Inaugural Address, 1801

Has anyone else noticed that the last to perform is the one to win?

Indicating the audience's attention span rivals that of most three-year olds?

Zakath - LOLOL

fotolinda, I noticed that too... at first I thought it was just the rap artists... now that Irene Cara won, I'm beginning to wonder... is it rigged?

Too bad Night Ranger pulled out. I was looking forward to seeing them. They kick ASS live (or used to, anyway).

I guess because I watched this show last night, I dreamed that the Fixx were on it. It was really awesome, they kicked major ass - the did OTLTA and then for a second song, instead of doing someone else's song, they did another of their own - "All The Best Things." They were the only band to ACTUALLY perform live, all their instruments were REALLY plugged in and live, and for some reason, Dan was playing bass. Later in the dream I met up with Jamie just as he sauntered off the stage, he was kinda sweaty and he looked extremely tired... something about they had filmed it the day after they'd had a gig so he'd had practically no sleep. He was very kind tho'

I want to know....when did Irene Cara become a group?

Talented or not...Tiffany at least sang all the lead vocals on her songs....good bad or indifferent....all Tiff lead.....

Same with Sophie B. Hawkins, Howard Jones & The Motels [Martha Davis]....

Not so with Irene's cover....she had a back-up vocalist singing some lead on the cover song....so I guess Ms. Cara is a group now....

Will she split up like so many groups in the past have....creative differences?....or will the back up vocalist start touring as Irene Cara featuring whatever her name is....Guess that remains to be seen....
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

I guess I knew better than to expect much from the audience, but Irene Cara? I couldn't believe that Wang Chung did a Nelly song... and the way Sophie butchered the Five For Fighting song reminds me of why I never really liked her back when she was "popular." Confidence is one thing. Being pompous and full of yourself is another.

I still think Howard is awesome. His voice is still true to what it was... it's sad to see how so many have lost their skills due to age or drugs or drink or hard living (Tommy last week being a prime example!) . His cover of "White Flag" was great. In fact, I think I prefer the slower tempo. He should have won, but then again, what does the average audience member at a show like that know, anyway?

I think I'll just keep on watching for the last person to win...
    "I've left Bethlehem. I feel free. I've left the girl I was supposed to be." - P. C.

The last 2 shows yes.....but the first one Arrested Development wasn't the last to perform....Tiffany was.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast