Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock Star - INXS Reality TV Show

INXS Reality Show?

Kinda funny, I was reading through some old threads about when Gary Tibbs was first brought on 3 years ago. Then I saw this story on the CNN ticker about INXS doing a reality show to pick a Michael Hutchence replacement. (I found the NZ article on Google afterward)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,...5a1869,00.html

I've never really gotten into any of these reality thingies, but I might actually watch this one if it shows on CBS as the article states.

Cheers

I saw inxs in 85 on the listen like thieves tour and they were awesome. Michael Hutchence was a great presence to witness.

Ac/dc came back full force with brian johnson after bon died and did the famous back in black album, so i guess it's not impossible that it could happen.
    Where would i be without the song "who made who."

Originally posted by likelyaurora
    I saw inxs in 85 on the listen like thieves tour and they were awesome. Michael Hutchence was a great presence to witness.

Ac/dc came back full force with brian johnson after bon died and did the famous back in black album, so i guess it's not impossible that it could happen.
    Where would i be without the song "who made who."
    Yeah, but Bon picked Brian himself. . . how can you follow a person like Michael? That's like TLC- they're supposed to be doing a show as well to find a replacement for Left Eye- I think that is just beyond bogus and that they should change their name out of respect and start again. . . Some people you can replace, like Cliff Burton because he was a musician, but a lead singer is a rare thing. I'm more partial to early Metallica because of Cliff, but Jason has a unique style of his own. The worst thing you can do is try to find somebody that sounds like the previous.

But then they need some money.
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Is it true??? That Gary was also with Adam and the Ants?? a friend just mentioned this and sang some song with his name in it!!!! If so, you learn something new everyday!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jeanne Thelen
    Is it true??? That Gary was also with Adam and the Ants?? a friend just mentioned this and sang some song with his name in it!!!! If so, you learn something new everyday!!!!!!
    Yes it is. This is the thread I was reading:

http://www.thefixx.net/showthread.ph...ighlight=tibbs

Gary Tibbs has played with lots of big names. He was also in The Vibrators, Roxy Music and played on some tracks on Brian May's first solo album, Back to the Light. Also Corey Hart, and Kirsty MacColl (where he worked with Jamie).

Regarding INXS...they must be desperate for the money.
    I'd be rather curious as to whom they end up picking. Michael Hutchence was very charismatic and I cannot imagine anyone being able to take his place.

Originally posted by Jeanne Thelen
    He sure was! I'm a big fan of Adam as well as the Ants. . . If I'm not mistaken, he played with him when they did the Prince Charming Revue. . . I listen to them almost as much as the Fixx!
    "Even the devil may cry when he looks around Hell and realizes that he is all alone"

Acheron Parthenopaeus

(Sherrilyn Kenyon, Devil May Cry)

http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=37784

Speaking of "replacing" front men, who's curious to hear Paul Rodgers with Queen?

Or have we already talked about this.... ?

Speaking of "replacing" front men, who's curious to hear Paul Rodgers with Queen?

Or have we already talked about this.... ?

Bash, Queen of Thread Drift....

Originally posted by Alannah86
    Regarding INXS...they must be desperate for the money.
    Are you NUTS!?

Think about the potential income to be generated with having a show based on the selection of a new band member. IT is nothing short of BRILLIANT for INXS to enter into this agreement to do the show. Not only will prior records sell like hell but merchandise for the show and the album recorded with the new vocalist will sell to the fans of the show. INXS is not desperate for the money, but they would have been fools to turn down such a fantastic opportunity to spread their own fame and make more money.

No Steve, I'm not nuts Just think it's a bit like selling out. But to be honest I think they main reason I don't like the idea is only because I detest reality shows. But you have a very good point, they will definitely get more fans, who will buy the old stuff they did with Michael, and that's always a good thing.

Seeing that you talk about INXS I remember that first time I heard "original sin" my first impression was: Oh, sounds a little bit like The Fixx. And on the other hand: First time I have ever heard "How much is enough" live at a concert it reminded me of INXS.

I agree with Alannah, that Michael Hutchence was very charismatic and I could never, never, never imagine anyone taking Cy's place. Replacing the bass-player more than ones is the only replacemant I can excuse or to come to terms with

Rockstar (or "Yet, another reality show we can bash")

OK, so-

who's watching Rockstar starting Monday night on CBS and airing 3 times a week, and airing in 22 countries.

<sigh>

Now I love INXS. Saw them twice. Saw the pseudo-INXS at Sydney stadium during the closing ceremonies of the 2000 Olympics and they weren't half bad. But this show?

From a St Paul Pioneer Press story:

Whoever it is [of 75 finalists, 15 are women], he or she will be crowned the new vocalist for INXS, embark on a world tour and record a new album with the Australian band that maintained a strong following abroad even after its U.S. star faded.
    The show looks like it'll be part "Big Brother" and part "American Idol." Episodes on Mondays will focus on the relationships between the competitors, who'll share a house in the Hollywood Hills and attend rock-star clinics. Tuesday nights will feature the group singing cover versions, followed by an audience vote to determine the best performance. Each Wednesday, those with the lowest number of votes will face off and sing INXS songs in front of the band members themselves, who'll make the ultimate choice every week as to who gets the boot.

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    Thanks, fotolinda. One more thing not to watch...
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast