Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Virginia fixx lover!

New Virginia fixx lover!

Hi all, this is my first time on this board. I had no idea this community existed and I am here to tell you that I am one excited gal right about now. Yesterday at a preview showing of "The Island" (Ewan McGregor! Yowsa) my friend won us two tickets to tonight's show in Hampton! We were going to just wait for them to come play at VA Beach over Labor Day weekend, but this is an exceptional treat as tonight's show is practically in my back yard. I can't believe they are playing at Goodfella's. This is going to be one hot, sweaty, intimate show!

I have loved The Fixx since I was a young lass in middle school waaaaaay back in the 80's and as I can see from my quick perusal through this board, I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Great that you have found us and joined us.

Tell us how that show went.

Love to hear all about it.

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    Welcome, bella!
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

Bonjour bella,

Glad to see you made it to the board!!!

Welcome....

Jeanne

Hi everyone. Thank you for welcoming me. The show last night was excellent! The boys sounded better then ever. Loved the new songs. Loved Cy's smooth vocals. I wish they had played longer, but this seems to be the norm for them right now. I will definitely be awaiting their return on Sept 4 in VA Beach. I bought their 2003 release at the show last night and got all to sign except for Gary. I've been wearing this cd out all day today at work. So beautiful and mature. I had lost touch with them years ago and I am a happy girl just to be getting back to them. They really do deliver and I look forward to their next release.

Welcome Bella,

I was there last night too! Guess I didn't see you. I was looking forward too much!

I never got any signatures, but we didn't 'do the bus' thing which I guess I should have.

Next time!
    I am the winner in any event.

Hi There Queen. It's so cool to know another poster was there that night! I was standing right up front on Jamie's side with another girl and guy. Where were you situated? I hope you weren't the poor lady I bumped into twice. If your out there, I apologize.

No, you didn't bump into me! but I bumped into a whole mess of other people. I was on the other side near that 'pole/table' thing. I was buried being short, but I had fun.

Lots of men at these shows, hey? My husband noticed! lol

YES! We noticed the large men population at the show, too! I wonder if this happens at all shows or just our little establishment?

Welcome Bella
    Have you sent your review to the Fixx site ?
    Or any pics ?

Maybe the "population" thing has to do with the intricate weaving of the intsruments that is a key feature of a lot of thier music,
    The sometimes airy guitar riffs and the incidentals from Rupert.
    I'm not a male chauvinist or nothing, please don't get the wrong idea, but I think that most guy's tend to listen to the instruments and thier use, more then just if the song is dancable or has a great vocal melody, not that woman can't appreciatte a great guitar riff or a mixed measured drum beat, rather then a straight 4/4
    Just a thought . . I hope I don't get whipped upon from a woman
    on the board . . unless of corse . . That's what your into ;-}

Hi Ric Roc, I'm not sure if most women would mind what you said, but I for one don't just listen to a song because it is danceable. I think for me it might have been a lot more diplomatic if you'd have just said that, statistically, more men play guitar or drums, therefore they are drawn to The Fixx's musical stylings. Though I am not a musician myself, I grew up with two older brothers who had garage bands and I think I have a pretty good ear for music. I might not know all the technical jargin, but I do like to listen "between the lines" if I may put it that way.

Now, as for your punishment. I might not thrash you today, but if I find this continues in the future? Something might have to be done about it.
    Last edited by bella; 07-22-2005 at 03:09 PM.

I have a serious case of 'air-guitar' myself. But I find that not too many other women that I know can appreciate music the way I do, it is usually other guys that share my feelings.

Jam...jam...jam!

It would make a bit more sense if I actually played a musical instrument, but I never have.

Originally posted by bella
    Hi Ric Roc, I'm not sure if most women would mind what you said, but I for one don't just listen to a song because it is danceable. I think for me it might have been a lot more diplomatic if you'd have just said that, statistically, more men play guitar or drums, therefore they are drawn to The Fixx's musical stylings. Though I am not a musician myself, I grew up with two older brothers who had garage bands and I think I have a pretty good ear for music. I might not know all the technical jargin, but I do like to listen "between the lines" if I may put it that way.

Now, as for your punishment. I might not thrash you today, but if I find this continues in the future? Something might have to be done about it.
    Maybe my statement was a little outdated ! ! Although it was meant to be. When the Fixx were in thier prime, not they don't still kick butt, it was a different view and priority to the general masses of musical styles and genre.
    Back then . . Blah Blah Blah . .
    Did not mean to condesend or patronize . .

Punishment . . I've been a BAAAAAAAD Boy, and please, feel free to do something about it :-) LOL

Hi! I live in Ashburn, VA and have been a Fixx fan since the early 80s.

I saw the band live for the first time ever last Thursday at the 930 Club in DC. It was an amazing show and I got to meet Cy, Jamie, Adam, and Gary!

The show brought back all sorts of amazing memories from high school when my friend Lisa and I were just NUTS about The Fixx.

Special thanks to BuffaloGal and XTCTom for introducing me to Cy, for taking pictures, and for being kindred spirits when it comes to chasing our favroite band(s) around the country!

I will post a review soon.

Wowie! See you in VA Beach!

Tara Lyn

OMG!

I totally forgot I saw The Fixx when they opened for The Police in Tallahassee, Florida! So Thursday was my 2nd Fixx concert.

Oh man, Adam was right when he said they played Tallahassee! I didn't believe him. He joked that I must have been on holiday that day.

Sorry Adam for ever doubting you! I was on holiday Thursday night -- mentally on holiday...

:O Tara Lyn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast