Thread: U F O

U F O

no i didnt see a flying saucer, feeling good cause i went to the mall for some new tunes, picked up an a new expanded version of an album that i consider to be one of the greatest live albums of all time, havent heard some of this stuff since the late 70's, dont know why i waited so long to get it, if you like good, hard, energized, 70's live stuff you cant go wrong with this one, Its Strangers In The Night by UFO, have you heard of it?

Just Wonderin'
    Octo

ps (a few minutes later) also my girlfriend picked up something called "Play" by Moby, looking at the essay in the booklet this guy sounds like him and Cy are definitely on the same wavelength, his stuff is real good and hes from New York City, i wonder if Cy knows him, he sounds like a very cool person, heres his site www.moby-online.com
    Last edited by Octopulse; 06-02-2001 at 05:42 PM.

Yeah, I was really into Michael Shenker at one point, had lots of MSG albums on vinyl, but only one UFO album (again vinyl). Great stuff.

I've bought a couple of MSG cd reissues over the years, but don't listen to them a whole lot. Actually, my brother Steve was massively into Shenker - I remember listening to him learning to play Captain Nemo when he was something like 13 years old (!)

Speaking of Moby - Holy Zoo has a techno song that I always describe to people as being very Moby-like. You might play it for your girlfriend, if she likes that kinda of music:

http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/430/430451.html

jeff

well do, we'll let ya know when i post about the Boston tune, thanks for the direct

Octo

Thumbs up

I've got to say, your'e Brothers band is fantastic. And Lord Have Mercy.........well since Octo downloaded it, I've listened to it at 6 times. The song just kills me, the tune goes on real smooth, then all of a sudden it sounds like the guys are tripping over thier equipment, then it's like they regroup and just kind of mellow out. I loved it. These dudes rock!!!!!!!!

Hey OuijaMama,

Welcome to the board! Hope ya make some friends here, now get me a beer, in a freezy cup please.

Octo

ps Im getting a vibe on ya, its comin' through the wires, Im getting a picture, its your sister, man shes ugly

Post shenker guitarists Atomic Tommy/Paul Chapman

My fav UFO line included Atomik Tommy-Aint Misbehavin and Misdeamenor. Schenker wasnt by a longshot UFO though many thought so. He cant keep a band. Drinking and his rather aberant behavior dictates such. Look his brother Rudy was the one who bought two of Andy Powell's 1958 Korina V's at 30,000 bucks a piece back in 91!!!! The Mechanix lp with Paul Chapman had a lot of outstanding tracks on it as well.

Otis, I had "The Wild The Willing And The Innocent" by UFO with Atomic Tommy. Used to crank out "Chains Chains", man I havent heard that one in 21 years, lost the 8-track somewhere along the way. Good Stuff!!

Octo