Thread: Good info for computer hints and tips

Good info for computer hints and tips

I subscribe to this website, and there are all sorts of hints and tips to be had, here.
    Plus you can subscribe to all kinds of newsletters there.
    I have been getting the newsletter for a few years.
    It's a trustworthy site and the recent article about avatars
    and re-sizing caught my eye for those in the dark.
    There are msword, internet, O/S (operating system) . . etc.
    All sorts of helpful stuff.
    http://www.worldstart.com/php/newsletters.php?cthtml

Let me know what you think.

Hope this was helpful
    Ric-Roc

Avatars would be nice....but I know that it would add to the cost of this website for the administrator. And so far it's all free, and run by a fan, not The Fixx themselves.

I will check out your recommendation. Thanks.
    I am the winner in any event.

ya I used to get the daily hints and tips from worldstart in my box every morning, but i changed addys a couple years back and forget to have them forwarded to the new one

I got my A+ cert last year, Im working on my N+ now, should have it by Jan-Feb, when I was younger I used to think geek was a put down, nowadays i see it as a compliment

I tell my wife if she wants something done on her PC she has to fill out a ticket
    In germany some people say it's like medicine. It's good against heartattack. If it is a lie - who cares?

-- Heimo on red wine

Originally posted by Octopulse
    ya I used to get the daily hints and tips from worldstart in my box every morning, but i changed addys a couple years back and forget to have them forwarded to the new one

I got my A+ cert last year, Im working on my N+ now, should have it by Jan-Feb, when I was younger I used to think geek was a put down, nowadays i see it as a compliment

I tell my wife if she wants something done on her PC she has to fill out a ticket
    After spending over 20 years, trying to explain to friends and family members, exactly what I do in IT, I too tell them I'm a geek!

I like the idea of logging a ticket for pc stuff at home...maybe I should do that in other areas at home!