Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VA Beach show

VA Beach show

Anyone going to the VA Beach show? I will be there! Show #3 for me!

I live in northern VA, so it will be about a 4 hour drive (if I-95 isn't a parking lot).

The hotel situation doesn't look good because it's Memorial Day weekend.

Does anyone know what the venue is like? Sounds to me like it's on the beach. Is it open-air? Is it SRO, are there seats, do you have to bring beach chairs?

Tara Lyn

Re: VA Beach show

Originally posted by taralyn919
    Anyone going to the VA Beach show? I will be there! Show #3 for me!

I live in northern VA, so it will be about a 4 hour drive (if I-95 isn't a parking lot).

The hotel situation doesn't look good because it's Memorial Day weekend.

Does anyone know what the venue is like? Sounds to me like it's on the beach. Is it open-air? Is it SRO, are there seats, do you have to bring beach chairs?

Tara Lyn
    Hi TL!

If I don't have to work, I will definitely go. Thanks for mentioning it was a holiday weekend - I had no idea. That does complicate things. Although I could always drive home after, which would suck but it's an option.

Have no idea what the venue is like. Must go check it out so we can prepare.

Oh and I think the Queen may be going to this one too.

Cyn

Yes the Queen will be there, and looking for Fixxtures to meet finally!

It will be LABOR Day weekend, and that is usually worse than Memorial Day for traffic somehow. But Hampton Roads always sucks for driving when the weather is nice. So just plan to drive and sit in your car a lot.

It will be worth it!
    I am the winner in any event.

Hello all!

I am mulling over the possibility of making the drive down there. Luckily, I have friends in the area I can stay with if necessary. The last time I saw the band in Virginia Beach, it actually took me less than four hours to drive back to Baltimore, so you never know. Of course, that was after midnight - one of the few times there's no traffic.

Originally posted by JustLinda
    Hello all!

...Of course, that was after midnight - one of the few times there's no traffic.
    lol!

I'm thinking about going as airfare is relatively affordable to Norfolk from LAX.

It's the Hotel cost that's giving me hesitation. Anyone want to split a room? Diamond? Doctor Roger? Ed? Octo? Anyone who's toying with the idea send me an e'mail.

Looks like $120/night is about average. Courtyard at VB/Norfolk is $120. The closer you get to the gig the higher the price gets.

Oh, and you want to be a Sunday arrival otherwise you have to pay for Friday and Saturday as well with hugely inflated prices.

There are a lot of cheap...and I mean cheap on all levels kind of hotels on the VB boardwalk, I can find them if you like.

You know what they say, "there are no cheap things, only cheap people."...quote me.

Is this a free concert associated with the Rock & Roll Half Marathon or the Verizon Music Festival ? It's hard to tell by the web site.

Or do we need to buy those festival pins (if it's asscoaited with the marathon)? I bought one as soon as I found out about the concert but now I am not sure I need it.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Tara Lyn

I'm about 99% sure that it is the Verizon Muisic Festival where you buy the pins to go to all the shows.

I have never been myself, so it will be a first for me. We will figure this one out!

Pins?!

Oh boy! That's a new one for me. Please do keep us posted, whoever may find out for sure! Thanx!

Cyn

It was hard to find a decent website for this information, but I will track it down again and post it.

I emailed the Verizon people but haven't heard back yet. When I do, I'll post it!

Their web site is not very well organized. It's hard to tell what you need the pins for.

This is a test! If we figure it out, we get to see the show....

Tara Lyn

This page makes it sound like tickets are not required for seeing The Fixx. Looking forward to any clarification...

That's the page I looked at and it's not 100% clear.

If I hear something, I'll let you know.

I sure hope you don't need a pin. I bought one but it looks like picking it up will be a real pain. Of course, you can't pick it up at the venue!?!?!

Noooooo, that would be way too easy.........

It would be a shame if this show becomes a logistical nightmare for us.

Tara Lyn

Originally posted by musegirl
    This page makes it sound like tickets are not required for seeing The Fixx. Looking forward to any clarification...
    That's the page I had been looking for! I couldn't get to it earlier. I wish they were better organized.

I heard from friends that you buy the pins to be able to walk around from concert to concert, since they cover a wide area of the strip. But I don't know if they cover the whole weekend.

There was an 800# somewhere, I should find that and call them too; I'll post it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast