Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: VA Beach show

http://www.harpoonlarryskillerseafood.com/

The site gives directions, we will meet around 6 or so, just in case any other great Fixxtures want to meet!

Looking forward to meeting other fans!
    I am the winner in any event.

TIME CHANGE!

We are meeting at 5 PM at the restaurant! But, show up anytime!

Cyn and I are leaving soon! Everyone drive safely!

Hope to see ya'll there!

Tara Lyn
    You know me, I'm the dark horse that just might win the race.

I haven't been to this site in a while, but I'm here to report that I will be in attendance at tonight's VA Beach show. It's going to be great. The weather is wonderful this weekend, the stage they are playing at is new, and no where near all the other hubbub of activities going on.

I have no idea what I will be wearing, sorry, but I might where a dada shirt. I have to street team for them, but I will definitely be looking out for you ladies with your fixx shirts.

I will not be getting there until right before the show starts. I have to wait for my friend to come back from Busch Gardens to join me.

Hi Bella,

Hope we can all meet tonight! Not sure about the restaurant time change, but if anyone should show up, and find themselves the only Fixxture, just hang on we're on the way!

Woohoo!!!

Wow!!! Where do I begin? this was my second time seeing The Fixx and it was an amazing show.

We were treated with "Less Cities, More Moving People" and "How Much Is Enough"!!!! I have been playing those songs so much lately and always wishing they would sing them live, and sure enough, they did it! can they read my mind?

It was great to meet up with Cyn in DC, Taralyn, and Musegirl. We were up front in the 'sweet spot' and could not be budged for anything, no matter how drunk that guy behind us wanted to stand in our spots...sorry dude. We are Fixxtures.

There is so much to report, and we took photos too, although I had the worst camera of all of us, so I think the others will have better photos to post. It was just great to be so close for the first time.

We got our photo taken with Ira, what a sweet man, and such a hard worker he is with all that he does for the boys. We love you Ira!

I will post more later, it's still all a haze in my mind and I am sorting out the lovely dream.

Trying to post a photo from last night.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...eningphoto.jpg

To The Queen--Great review! Can't wait to see everyone's pics and the extended version reviews! Thanks, Bella, for street teaming.
    Glad to see Taralyn919 and Cyn in DC were able to go, after reading through the posts.
    Yeah, there's nothing like being up front, near the guys when they play! And Ira is so nice, such a great guy!
    Take care,
    Kim

Bella,

I'm sorry, I never saw you, did you make it?

Here's one of Cyn_in_DC and myself with Ira. I wanted to wear the latest Fixx shirt to support our boys, but it does NOTHING for me!

I don't usually wear teeshirts to begin with and always have to cut the necklines out, hate the feeling of anything tight around my throat, must of been strangled in a past life or something.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...sFixxtures.jpg

Yes Queen, I was there. My friend and I got there late and as we were parking my car on the top floor of the parking garage I could hear "Touch" loud and clear! We rannnnnn to the walkover as fast as we could and were happy to see a very huge crowd surrounding the stage. We slyly made our way up front to stage left and were about 3 or 4 from the front.

Msmith was that you standing next to me jotting down the set list? If so, glad you made it here! Love the pics so far, Queen!

The boys sounded great! Their sound is always tight and the music really translates in their live performances. Cy was full of wonderful animation! You could tell they were enjoying themselves and the crowd was giving them a lot of love. Speaking of love, there was a couple that snuck in front of us at one point and I think they were about to have sex right there in the audience. I know the boys music is sexy and sensual, but good lord, get a room!

Right after the show, we mulled around and then walked down the board walk until we got to the 24th street stage. We walked over to see who had just finished up playing to find a large crowd around the tshirt stand for Quiet Riot! And then of course further down the beach on the main stage was Journey, but we didn't walk quite that far and figured they were finished playing anyway.

I got a lovely parting gift from the show and that was a huge blister on the top of my foot from my flip flops. Oh the pain.

What a great night! What a great band! Have I said that before?

Sorry I missed you Bella! We parked in that same garage too, but we left shortly after the show. We didn't venture down the boardwalk, since we had done that before they performed. There were a lot of bands playing all weekend, it is a big event in VB every Labor Day weekend. I hope it all happens again next year!

I really think The Fixx need to get a gig at Norfolk's Harborfest in June...bigger stage, and the whole area is pretty much pumped for that since it is the first major 'summer concert' event in Hampton Roads, hence good crowds! This was my first year attending and couldn't help think the boys would have fit in so nicely. Again, maybe next year!

Queenie,
    Great pics so far thanks so much for sharing!!!

Geoff
    "I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition was to eat, drink, and be Mary." ~ George Carlin.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast