Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: VA Beach show

It was, in a word, AWESOME!

Can't take too much time now because of work, but it was a great, great show. The memory that is the most vivid for me is watching the ocean breezes tousle Jamie's hair! An unexpected pleasure, eh girls?????

Thanks to the guys for a great show. Rupert, it was great to finally meet you!

A big hello and THANKS to Queen, Musegirl, Cyn_in_DC, and King Dale for great company and even greater fan enthusiasm!

Is it just me, or is the guitar solo in "The Fool" just absolutely amazing?!?

Oh, and I have the setlist taped to my kitchen cabinets so I can see it a bazillion times a day.

Review and photos to come. Soon hopefully!

Tara Lyn
    You know me, I'm the dark horse that just might win the race.

Here we are not budging from that 'sweet spot'. Note the variety of Fixx tee shirts a fan could wear, a custom one, a recent one, and a classic one!

From left, Cyn_in_DC, Musegirl, yours truly, and Taralyn!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12.../Sweetspot.jpg
    I am the winner in any event.

Here we are again after the show, note all the smiles! King Dale even smiles despite that bluegrass lover AKUS shirt of his...tsk, tsk, tsk.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12..._suspects_.jpg

Better than the last!

Hello Fixxtures all!

Yes, after much suspense and constantly changing work schedule, I was able to meet the Queen, Musegril, and TaraLyn for this show.

It was the most beautiful venue - right on the beach (next to Ocean Blue!). The air was clean and warm and Oh yes it did tousle Jamie's hair very nicely!

The guys were so much more animated at this show than at the DC show and as you can see we had a great spot!

Bella and msmith1 I am sorry we missed you! We were right there!

Queen I was really too busy during The Fool watching Gaz work that bass like there was no tomorrow (actually I did sneak a peek at Jamie here and there too but I am a bass girl at heart).

Continued next msg!

Cyn

continued!

Once again, I have to say the Roop was amazing! I love the way he moves on stage. The facial expressions he makes when he is really into the music makes me think thoughts....

That said, THANKS to Rupert and Jamie - it was such a pleasure to meet the both of you after the show!

Also THANKS to Ira - you are cute cute cute and work so hard to make sure everything goes well! We appreciate it!

I am in the process of getting my photos uploaded and distributed. Will update you all on the process!

THANKS to my Fixxettes Tara Lyn, The Queen and Musegirl! I had a great time hanging out with you all and can't wait to do it again!

Cyn

GOOD PICTURES..... LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A BLAST!!! THANKS FOR SHARING ....

PS... LOVE THE ONE WITH IRA .... it is really cute of you all!!
    Last edited by Jeanne Thelen; 09-06-2005 at 02:26 PM.

Hi Jeanne! I see you Fixxy Chix had a blast too! Woo hoo!

And I was remiss in my last posts here. I noticed I mentioned all the fellas but one!

Adam, my apologies!

He was amazing too! I thought for sure he'd go flying off his platform during the last few songs in a frenzy of Peart-esque energy and enthusiasm! Much respect to him - I am sorry we don't mention that often enough!

Cyn

Well.... Fixxy Chic's are known for getting the party started ... right girls????????

The east coast Fixxy Chic's look like they were right up there ,too!!!

In the words of the famous, California Fixxy Chic, Miss Pippi

Can I get a WHOO HOOO?????????

WHOO HOO!!!!!!

WOO HOO HOO HOO!!!

I absolutely LOVE your pictures!!! WOO-HOO!!!

What do you think of Cy's hair? Of course, being Cy--hard to take in just one element...won't deny he's a total package deal! Oops!Wait..I'm a Jamie fan, I'm a Jamie fan...must--go--to--the--light... "whew" for a minute, I don't know what happened! :>)

Jeannie29's got Schaumburg Fixx-ture party pics on her digital--anxiously awaiting those.

Kimberley

Originally posted by msmith1
    I absolutely LOVE your pictures!!! WOO-HOO!!!

What do you think of Cy's hair? Of course, being Cy--hard to take in just one element...won't deny he's a total package deal! Oops!Wait..I'm a Jamie fan, I'm a Jamie fan...must--go--to--the--light... "whew" for a minute, I don't know what happened! :>)

Jeannie29's got Schaumburg Fixx-ture party pics on her digital--anxiously awaiting those.

Kimberley
    Cy can do whatever he wants to his hair, it's not about his hair! he is all talent and a great mind, yes.....a great MIND!!!

He just happens to look like a million bucks, but that's just from living in France and having some great wine and cheese.

Pass me a bagette with some camembert and the Bordeaux.

I could sure use some of that French living, then...it'd be nice to look like a million bucks, and stimulate the intellect!

Bash and Pippi are hard acts to follow...they're adorable and savvy. I'll bet they've been to France. Kim

Originally posted by msmith1

Bash and Pippi are hard acts to follow...they're adorable and savvy. I'll bet they've been to France. Kim
    I don't know if they've been to France, they never mentioned, but yes, they are hard acts to follow! We love our west coast Fixxtures!!! woo hoo hoo hoo!

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...
    Originally posted by The Queen
    I don't know if they've been to France, they never mentioned, but yes, they are hard acts to follow! We love our west coast Fixxtures!!! woo hoo hoo hoo!
    Sounds like we'll have to meet in the middle sometime...

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm compelled to set the record straight, here...
    <debunk>
    I spent three days in Paris once. It's a beautiful city, but it's not really me. I'm not a fashionista, and the language gives me FITS! (In what seems like another life, I presented classical music on Indiana Public Radio, and I always wrestled with French titles and composers.) My favorite wine is Italian (sangiovese). My preferred cheeses are not usually French, either. I did manage to enjoy the patisseries, though.
    </debunk>

So, so much for worldly sophistication... I'm a (complex) girl who likes simple things. ("Forgive me, my sweet")

So, Pip, you been to France?
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

STILL stuck in the water slide at the Vegas Hard Rock pool...

Re: continued!

Originally posted by Cyn_in_DC
    Once again, I have to say the Roop was amazing! I love the way he moves on stage. The facial expressions he makes when he is really into the music makes me think thoughts....
    Cyn
    Loved your I heart Rupert shirt, Cyn! I'll bet that got a big smile out of Roopit!

You all looked like you were having a lovely time - hard not to with such great company and music. Color me delighted for you, and just slightly envious!
    web site | blog | photos | Twitter (primary)
    ----
    "And the Vino di Vici will flow like a river in spring,
    Now the fix(x), the fix(x) is in." - Elbow

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast