View Poll Results: What's your favorite Fixx Studio album?

Voters
317. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shuttered Room

38 11.99%
  • Reach The Beach

83 26.18%
  • Phantoms

70 22.08%
  • Walkabout

51 16.09%
  • Calm Animals

23 7.26%
  • Ink

13 4.10%
  • Elemental

28 8.83%
  • Want That Life

8 2.52%
  • 1011 Woodland

2 0.63%
  • Stage One

1 0.32%
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite Fixx album?

Cool Hello fellow Fixxtures!!

Hey FIXXtures!

Glad to see I am not alone!!!

I've been into the Fixx since Reach the Beach in 1983!!
    I saw them live in 1989 or so, I got to talk with them and they were so down to earth and friendly! They are wonderful to their fans!!Its too bad that they don't get more recognition!!
    So have you been to any Fixx concerts? Whats your favorite album??

Smile

Hi fellow fixxture!

Oohhh... favorite album. I have to admit, it changes all the time. Right now it's Walkabout, but 6 months ago I would have said Phantoms. And perhaps a year before it would have been Reach The Beach.

I actually have to be fairly careful to not overdose on The Fixx (or any of my favorite bands, for that matter). For a long time my favorite band was Rush: I'd play it day and night, in the car, at home, when studying in college (that was over 10 years ago now, mind you). Anyways, I burned out on them. I still can't put on some of my favorite Rush albums: I just can't listen to them anymore -- I over did it. The same thing happened with several Beatles albums, and most Led Zeppelin albums, by the way.

So, I try and be careful and only listen to a Fixx album every month or two, just to be safe. Of all the Fixx albums out, the one I've nearly overdosed on is Reach The Beach: right now it's in serious hibernation.

How about you?

Red face

my favorite is Reach the Beach...and Cy of course

Originally posted by fixxture4ever:
    Hey FIXXtures!

I saw them live in 1989 or so, I got to talk with them and they were so down to earth and friendly! They are wonderful to their fans!!Its too bad that they don't get more recognition!!

------------------
    caris

been to several concerts.....the best was a free concert at south street seaport on earth day....had to be around 1990 91... I think
    Hey FIXXtures!

Smile

I saw them at the Paladium in NYC and some theater upstate NY for "Calm Animals Tour", Stone Pony & South Street Seaport for "Ink Tour"
    Hey FIXXtures!

Cool

Has Cy's new album "Decompression" been released yet? If so what label...

Hey FIXXtures!

------------------
    caris

Smile

Favorite album is Walkabout
    Hey FIXXtures!

Smile

Originally posted by caris:
    Has Cy's new album "Decompression" been released yet? If so what label...

Nope, not yet!

Talking

Hi there,
    If anyone might be interested, I first saw the Fixx here on the local BBC News programme around 1981. Then luckily caught them performing a few months later at the Swindon "Brunel Rooms" in the tiny amphi-theatre. Knocked out!
    Nobody I know has ever heard of them, although I occasionally still find their CD's on the racks at the local record shop, so someone else must be buying their stuff here.
    I'm really just re-discovering them right now. Favorite Albums? Hmmmm - All of them! (Tracks - Secret Separation - CLASSIC !!)
    They were never given any recognition for their talent in the UK (typical)- I did hope they would find more when they left for the US, which I think did happen. Great to see they're still around though - what chance they may come home to play a gig?
    Best wishes to the Band, and Y'all,

Steve Arnell

Hey FIXXtures!

Thumbs up

Fave album... each is so good in its own way. Right now, I'm looking for another copy of Walkabout, so I might go with that one. That song, "Camphor", gets me every time... Something about the lines: "There's a lonely dog so misunderstood/He's left his chores to become someone's friend."

Anyone else?

Thumbs up

Hi there. I'm in the same boat as you.... I burned out on Rush albums in college.....

Cool news; I'm going to see The Fixx in concert in Chicago in July. Their tour is short--I'm glad that they're stopping in Illinois.
    Originally posted by jeff:

Hi fellow fixxture!

Oohhh... favorite album. I have to admit, it changes all the time. Right now it's Walkabout, but 6 months ago I would have said Phantoms. And perhaps a year before it would have been Reach The Beach.

I actually have to be fairly careful to not overdose on The Fixx (or any of my favorite bands, for that matter). For a long time my favorite band was Rush: I'd play it day and night, in the car, at home, when studying in college (that was over 10 years ago now, mind you). Anyways, I burned out on them. I still can't put on some of my favorite Rush albums: I just can't listen to them anymore -- I over did it. The same thing happened with several Beatles albums, and most Led Zeppelin albums, by the way.

So, I try and be careful and only listen to a Fixx album every month or two, just to be safe. Of all the Fixx albums out, the one I've nearly overdosed on is Reach The Beach: right now it's in serious hibernation.

How about you?

Thumbs up

The Fixx in concert? In Chicago? In July? Is there a tour? What's up? Any other midwestern dates?

Also, on the Elemental tour, I particularly enjoyed the second song in the set, which was probably called "Lighthouse." Did anybody catch it? Is it available anywhere that anybody is aware of?

So many questions, I know. Here's an answer... best album: I'm still stuck on Calm Animals, which I feel was extremely under-rated and overlooked.

Smile

Just ordered Cy Curnin's CD "Mayfly" on the net. Also, have a extremely rare demo from the BMG Ink-sessions. I guess BMG didn't like it because they were dropped from the lable after Calm Animals. I had a friend who worked at BMG who got a copy for me. It has different verions of the songs and some that eventually never made it onto INK. The version of "Crucified" is totally different and much better! Just got the import of Shuttered Room. Has "Sinking Island" and extended version of "Stand or Fall". And on a final note, I have an extended version of "I Will" which is beautiful.....Anyone jealous?

Thumbs up

My favorite album, of any band, for all time:

P H A N T O M S

Cool

Glad to be here.

I was fortunate to see THE FIXX warm up for A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS, in Albuquerque, NM, back in '82 or so. I also saw THE FIXX at Six Flags of Texas back in '84.
    I really love these guys. I hope they get more recognition. They are an awesome band.
    I have a FIXX piece featured at my gallery,...The Mofo Gallery. Plan to do more in the future.
    Will be back soon.

ZooropaBoySings

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast